Default Possibly Bullying/Abuse Problem Online

Hello, everyone.

Starting this thread because recently, last Tuesday to be specific, St. Patricks' Day, there was a comment, on one photo of X-Men: Days Of Future Pasts' Quicksilver, Evan Peters.

This comment was directly aimed at me, using my first name and surname.

I won't repeat those, sure, I'm not gonna say what my name is. Is lovely though.

But, they said to me, after my name, '... ... leave my sister alone you *****', the censored word being an abbreviation for pervert.

All I said on this photo was who the actor played.

The comment above the photo was about Peters being attractive.

And, I said, because I thought it was interesting, that he played Quicksilver, the fast mutant, I said, in the aboce film, hopefully would appear in next years' X-Men too.

Nothing else.

The person who posted the picture would be a cousin, I think, of a former classmate of mine. Not my age, never met her, said anything sexual, or lewd.

Isn't age of consent as far as I'm aware, in my country, but, sure, wouldn't matter to me anyway.

My comment was deleted when I checked Facebook, from my e-mail, and the comment against me.

The person who posted the photo didn't unfriend me, block me, or message me, and when I commented saying, if I made her uncomfortable, and if she wanted me to leave her alone, I was sorry and I would.

But, that was still there, anyway.

For the most part, bar once after the day to check the photo comments, no change, I've left Facebook be.

I've been on it since April 2012 now, and I'm trying to figure out, should I quit?

Can I report a comment that isn't on Facebook anymore, even if I still have it in my e-mails?

Should I unfriend the poster of the photo, to avoid any trouble, or check who my FB friends are, and whether they should be?

What should I do, or do you recommend I do?

Leaving FB alone, staying here, not looking at that e-mail, I feel happier.

Is that my answer?

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    My comment was deleted when I checked Facebook, from my e-mail, and the comment against me.

The person who posted the photo didn't unfriend me, block me, or message me, and when I commented saying, if I made her uncomfortable, and if she wanted me to leave her alone, I was sorry and I would.

But, that was still there, anyway.
    For the most part, bar once after the day to check the photo comments, no change, I've left Facebook be.
    I've been on it since April 2012 now, and I'm trying to figure out, should I quit?
    Can I report a comment that isn't on Facebook anymore, even if I still have it in my e-mails?
    Should I unfriend the poster of the photo, to avoid any trouble, or check who my FB friends are, and whether they should be?
    What should I do, or do you recommend I do?
    Leaving FB alone, staying here, not looking at that e-mail, I feel happier.
    Is that my answer?
    To be honest, you're not at fault, and you shouldn't let it bother you. That person clearly wasn't justified in posting that against you-if anything, you're the only one who got anything negative out of it. If anything, just stay on Facebook (block that person if need be), and carry on as normal-it was all a big misunderstanding.
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Roman View Post
    To be honest, you're not at fault, and you shouldn't let it bother you. That person clearly wasn't justified in posting that against you-if anything, you're the only one who got anything negative out of it. If anything, just stay on Facebook (block that person if need be), and carry on as normal-it was all a big misunderstanding.
    Thanks for the reply, and help, Mighty Roman.

Will consider and think about it.

No, I do appreciate any and all replies - as long as they aren't negative and abusive!

I might do as Mighty Roman advised, but I'd appreciate other replies, too, to consider other points.

Mighty Roman, do you mean block the poster of the comment, or the Evan Peters photo, or...?

Extraordinary Member

Not your fault at all. Nor is it your problem buddy, some people are just, ugh...

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

I agree. Ignore/block that person and move on. I don't even feel that's "bullying". I seen much, much, worse and some of those people on the receiving end of that abuse moved on like nothing happened.

Also, unless you actually met (face to face), know and like a person, they're not your "friend". No matter what FB says.
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

To be clear, the friend wasn't the bully, or abusive one - I defintiely would class it as verbal abuse, or bullying, myself, regardless of the degree.

I mean, calling someone shortie might not be as bad as the slur for gay people, but still degrading, and bullying.

No, the commenter on the friends' photo was the guilty party, not them.

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    To be clear, the friend wasn't the bully, or abusive one - I defintiely would class it as verbal abuse, or bullying, myself, regardless of the degree.

I mean, calling someone shortie might not be as bad as the slur for gay people, but still degrading, and bullying.

No, the commenter on the friends' photo was the guilty party, not them.
    That makes it easier then. Just ignore 'em.
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

Quote Originally Posted by emac1790 View Post
    That makes it easier then. Just ignore 'em.
    Yes. Sadly, that commenter was their sister, but maybe I will block them.

Thanks.

Far too many on that list already, but first for this, thankfully.