Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Amazing Spider-Man, #17

• The Ghost has invaded Parker Industries!
    • With this super-powered saboteur, no secret is safe-- no PEOPLE are safe, either, for that matter.

Full article here.

That page 6. Slott is so cruel to MJ fans.

Lively and Optimistic lone_wolf's Avatar

Interesting....so based on that ad in the back, MJ has got her own perfume from Marvel's version of Chanel....or Channel LOL

--Wolfie
    Visual Development and Storyboard Portfolio
    http://www.imxprs.com/free/wolfie74/mj

"Animators are actors with pencils"
    --Glen Keane

BANNED

Gotta love Anna Maria.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Gotta love Anna Maria.
    Yeah, those three pages or so were enough to make you wish she actually had been dating him, instead of Ock.

ugh. I hated Anna Maria and thought for sure she was slated for a terrible death in superior but idk... I actually am starting to like her as a friend to peter. Maybe if we are lucky she will get him straightened out so he can stop ruining his life.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

Quote Originally Posted by Another Aaron View Post
    Yeah, those three pages or so were enough to make you wish she actually had been dating him, instead of Ock.
    Somewhere at the back of his mind Peter is thinking the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    That page 6. Slott is so cruel to MJ fans.
    whats that got to do with mj?

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tron View Post
    whats that got to do with mj?

For years it was Spidey taking MJ on webslings around the city. Slott has Pete take Anna on one and puts a large mj ad in the background to tease us. He also places crossed out arrow pointing right at mj symbolizing how pete and mj are a no go.

Also the top of the post resembles a cross like the top of a steeple perhaps to symbolize no marriage and the one way sign points away from mj.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 03-27-2015 at 09:00 AM.

For years it was Spidey taking MJ on webslings around the city. Slott has Pete take Anna on one and puts a large mj ad in the background to tease us. He also places crossed out arrow pointing right at mj symbolizing how pete and mj are a no go.
    Yep, I picked that up right away. I think Anne Marie has truly been one of the best supporting cast members in Spider-Man in years. She was put not only in organically but from her romance to her handling the situation right there is just great. Doesn't feel force (unlike the background). She is one character I would love to see stick around post Secret Wars but I don't feel good considering that her AI clone is going to figure into this storyline.
    Mooper Films

BANNED

Also the top of the post resembles a cross like the top of a steeple perhaps to symbolize no marriage and the one way sign points away from mj.
    I actually would not put it past the fan base to believe this. Somewhere out there, someone is firing up their old Angelfire website to complain about this conspiracy.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    I actually would not put it past the fan base to believe this. Somewhere out there, someone is firing up their old Angelfire website to complain about this conspiracy.

Comic panels are carefully planned out.... Its all there on purpose. Ramos spoke of how detailed Slott gets in explaining them. Im just observing, not complaining.

That's a bit excessive don't you think?

And wouldn't it be the direction Peter is going with Anna Maria is a no-go? Like the partnership isn't going to work out.

I like Anna and think she's one of the better things to come out from Superior. I don't think Slott is setting up a relationship beyond friends and even if he was, it's clear it won't last.

This concludes my pro-Slott contribution for today.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

But how does this all add up to the number 23?
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.