Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Wait. You're being serious? Do you own an Angelfire website?
    Perhaps your right. I may be reading too much into it with the sign post details. I just noticed those things and thats what the image portrayed to me... I kinda posted here to see if others noticed as well.

But if you all think I'm reading too much into it, it may be likely that I am.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Wait. You're being serious? Do you own an Angelfire website?
    to be fair, alan moore does this (he pushes the visual metaphors and symbolism a little far at times), grant morrison too. i don't know slott's work enough to. judge whether he is this detailed, but i also see what vortex sees. the interpretation is a little different though- i don't feel there's a tease or cruel intention. it could be a nod to the reader in acknowledgment, it could be foreshadowing, it could just be meta juxtaposition. not necessarily a middle finger.

edit: maybe not the sign post thing though. all i'm getting there is "no left turn".
    Last edited by boots; 03-27-2015 at 10:21 AM.

The good kind of noise SpiderOrange's Avatar

Page 6. Well played, marvel. Well played...

...jerks!
    "This. Right here. This is where my life officially jumped the shark." Miles Morales
    "No, that was back on Cowboy world", Ultimate Cartoon Spidey
    ASM Vol 3, #12

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    to be fair, alan moore does this (he pushes the visual metaphors and symbolism a little far at times), grant morrison too. i don't know slott's work enough to. judge whether he is this detailed, but i also see what vortex sees. the interpretation is a little different though- i don't feel there's a tease or cruel intention. it could be a nod to the reader in acknowledgment, it could be foreshadowing, it could just be meta juxtaposition. not necessarily a middle finger.

edit: maybe not the sign post thing though. all i'm getting there is "no left turn".
    I agree it's possible to add in subtle little metaphors and whatnot, buuuut...it's a streetlight. In NY.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    For years it was Spidey taking MJ on webslings around the city. Slott has Pete take Anna on one and puts a large mj ad in the background to tease us. He also places crossed out arrow pointing right at mj symbolizing how pete and mj are a no go.

Also the top of the post resembles a cross like the top of a steeple perhaps to symbolize no marriage and the one way sign points away from mj.
    But how does this all add up to the number 23?
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    But how does this all add up to the number 23?
    I feel that Anna Maria is simply a plot device for the return of Dr. Ock. Had Superior Spider-Man continued we might have seen the romance between Otto and Anna advanced to marriage. Slott did say that he originally intended to return Peter Parker after the Secret Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I feel that Anna Maria is simply a plot device for the return of Dr. Ock. Had Superior Spider-Man continued we might have seen the romance between Otto and Anna advanced to marriage. Slott did say that he originally intended to return Peter Parker after the Secret Wars.
    Whend did Slott say that?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Whend did Slott say that?
    In his writings of the character. One of them being Anna Maria is working in secret on Otto's work. The second is the Anna Maria 100 day sleep program that Spock has talked to his computer device. Thus, Anna might play a big role in the return of Dr. Ock...

I liked Anna Maria from day one and am glad she's in the books again. I hope she lasts past Secret Wars, since she's a confidante who's also a brilliant scientist, but still a normal human being (she'll keep him grounded from the superheroics life). I'm a Pete and MJ fan, but I hope Anna Maria sticks around for future Spider-man appearances (in comics and others) I mean, hey, they're not hooking up, so why not be a pal to the both of them who's in on the secret? Though I do fear that things will change with Ock's endgame...
    Voice Actor and Symbiote Fanatic -- Hoping for Anti-Venom's return daily.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    In his writings of the character. One of them being Anna Maria is working in secret on Otto's work. The second is the Anna Maria 100 day sleep program that Spock has talked to his computer device. Thus, Anna might play a big role in the return of Dr. Ock...
    I think he meant when did Slott say he planned to bring Peter back post-SW.