Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Bluekey View Post
    The anime dragged things on. In the manga Frieza's beatdown was much faster.

On a side note frieza in the anime does say the planet was tougher then he thought and gives it two extra mins.
    I do not recall this. Even so, it would just mean that, anime wise, 7 minutes to us is like hours to them.

Granted it's like that in the manga as well but even more so in the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I do not recall this. Even so, it would just mean that, anime wise, 7 minutes to us is like hours to them.

Granted it's like that in the manga as well but even more so in the anime.
    Can we go with the theory that their reaction times are so amazing, that all those hours of episodes actually did happen in 5 minutes, it just that for Goku and Frieza it was literally more than enough time to do all that stuff?

>crickets chirping<

...Guys?
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    Can we go with the theory that their reaction times are so amazing, that all those hours of episodes actually did happen in 5 minutes, it just that for Goku and Frieza it was literally more than enough time to do all that stuff?

>crickets chirping<

...Guys?
    You are literally repeating what I have been saying. Not only that but it is generally accepted on this forum that most, if not all the fight scenes occur is "fast time". Where fight scenes that take hours to finish, it is actually taking only minutes in the anime.

On a side note frieza in the anime does say the planet was tougher then he thought and gives it two extra mins.
    Not really.

The only thing Frieza says about his blast is that he ended up holding back too much which is why it didn't blow up

That said, we don't really know Namek's size.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    That's basically it.

I mean, the anime fight is stupidly long, but DBZ fights are supposed to happen in speeds relative to the characters' superspeed.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    It never said Mecha Freeza was supressed. He was in his "Final" form, at the very least. 100% Freeza sucked; he gained a power boost that ran down quickly, and didn't hurt SSJ Goku much at all. 50% is his best showing, really.

He was referring to the group, but was talking about the top tier. He knew he was more powerful than "sick" SSJ Goku (playing possum to get Goku out of the way so he could fight the android), and handled #20 better than sick Goku handled #19 at first. Sick SSJ Goku post three years was still enough to impress Tenshinhan a great deal, who had seen SSJ Goku on earth while sparring with Trunks.

Piccolo was just a recipient of one of the inexplicable power jumps that DB does to keep the main characters up to a certain par. Similar to how he was weaker than Nappa, meditates for a little while on Kai's planet, then shows up to Namek more powerful than almost everyone (and then gets a further boost with Nail).
    I know he was in his final form, I just meant he wasn't at full power during his fight with Trunks. Here is a Manga quote I found about him being supressed:

Chapter: 330 (DBZ 136), P9.7
    Yamcha: “This guy called ‘Fr…Freeza’ has such terrible…ab…absurdly large ki…?”
    Gohan: “This isn’t it…he gets much, much stronger…!”

There is really no telling exactly how strong "Sick" Goku was, all we know is he was well below full power. For all we know he could have been around 50% Frieza level of something.

Well, really any power in the million's would be enough to impress Tien, and any of the "Human" fighters. Also, the way Tien worded It in the Manga made It seem like he'd never felt Super Saiyan Ki before. Here is another quote I found:

Chapter 341 (DBZ 147), P6.2-4
    Context: as Goku fights No.19
    Tenshinhan: ”In-incredible…What strength…S-so that’s a Super Saiyan…He’s in a completely different dimension than we are…Too different…”
    Piccolo: “…I wonder…”
    Last edited by Awesome-X; 05-21-2014 at 08:18 AM.
    "But only in their dreams can men be truly free. 'Twas always thus, and always thus will be."

-Robin Williams (Dead Poets Society)

~Member Since: 09/25/2009~
    ~Old CBR Post Count: 834~

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Not really.

The only thing Frieza says about his blast is that he ended up holding back too much which is why it didn't blow up

That said, we don't really know Namek's size.
    He gives it two extra mins a few episodes later. Thats right folks 2-3 episodes = 1 min! lol

He gives it two extra mins a few episodes later. Thats right folks 2-3 episodes = 1 min! lol
    Only in the filler. And the joke is kind of stale considering what multiple people have mentioned already about their speed and how, 5 minutes to us would be like hours to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Only in the filler. And the joke is kind of stale considering what multiple people have mentioned already about their speed and how, 5 minutes to us would be like hours to them.
    I said in the anime.

I will continue to use stale and old jokes for as long as I please!......ok not really. But I will elaborate on old posts if somebody responds to it.