Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default Secret Wars in a nutshell

if anyone has the patience, can you explain to me the upcoming Secret Wars story arc; as in, how long will it last, and is it purely so that the Marvel Universe can be restructured? and what level of restructuring/reboot are we talking? Crisis Level?

It is a 5 month event where every universe in the multiverse merges on the same planet in different territories.

BANNED

The short answer is "we don't know yet." The actual Secret Wars event will last through the summer (9 issues on a semi weekly basis I believe). But as to how long the Battleworld* will last, and what kind of Marvel Universe comes after, that part hasn't been revealed yet.

Historically, Marvel doesn't reboot on a Crisis level, and signs are already pointing to this not being the case here either, with the continuation of relatively new plotlines like Jason Aaron's female Thor (and his overarching Thor saga), Wilson's Ms. Marvel, and Soule's Inhumans.

*Battleworld is an amalgam of various alternate universes based on classic Marvel stories. They all exist in territories on the same planet, like crossing the border from one state to another.
    Last edited by ImprobableQuestion; 03-25-2015 at 07:29 AM.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    It is a 5 month event where every universe in the multiverse merges on the same planet in different territories.
    Or a sizable number anyway. All on a single world (plus Knowhere as a moon). The 616 and Ultimate Universes are merged together and there are around forty 'domains' on the planet, each ruled by a 'Baron'. Overseeing them all is what is expected to be Doctor Doom.

Right now it's not known what will occur after Secret Wars - a new merged Earth, Battleworld remaining, a more simplified multiverse or something else entirely. The only post SW titles we know about are All New Al Different Avengers, Uncanny Inhumans and Deadpool vs Thanos for a mini.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMayhew View Post
    if anyone has the patience, can you explain to me the upcoming Secret Wars story arc; as in, how long will it last, and is it purely so that the Marvel Universe can be restructured? and what level of restructuring/reboot are we talking? Crisis Level?
    1- The multiverse is dying prematurely (as seen in Avengers/New Avengers), the last two Earths dying are the 616 and Ultimate....somehow they will survive (alongside other realities) by becoming part of a new planet made up of many of these realities called Battleworld. The main title, we assume, is going to show how the heroes of the 616 (and some from other realities) will deal with this new reality (some are seeking solutions, while others will try to just get used to it).

2- As of now, the main book is 8 issues long with two issues shipping per month, so it should be ending in August. Also there is the fact that a Previews calendar has something called "All-New Marvel" for September...so we are assuming is ending around that time. Of course there is the theory that while the main book will end in August, Battleworld might continue perhaps for a while long..how long? We don't know.

3- That's the main theory/idea...that we will get a streamlined Marvel Universe (and Multiverse) by borrowing and using parts of these other realities in Battleworld (since we know many of the Warzones! books are meant to shape what comes next). But we have so far no idea what level of restructuring is going to happen....at this point everything you see in other threads about this are speculation from people based on the information we have so far.

All-New Member

5 months!!! jesus

thanks guys, btw!

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

5 months!!! jesus

thanks guys, btw!
    Pretty sure it's much less than 5 months.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Pretty sure it's much less than 5 months.
    May to August for the main book, but some minis are finishing in Sept, so five months is about right.

5 months!!! jesus

thanks guys, btw!
    You weren't hear for Fear Itself. That was 7 months!

I think ever since Fear Itself, Marvel has been making it so that their events are shorter by having them come out twice every month. Fear Itself shows what happens when you try to force an event for so long that was really boring.

All-New Member

I remember Fear Itself, but when that happened it didn't seem to erase most of the main Marvel titles, which is what this Secret Wars event is doing, from the looks of the soicitations, at least

BANNED

I remember Fear Itself, but when that happened it didn't seem to erase most of the main Marvel titles, which is what this Secret Wars event is doing, from the looks of the soicitations, at least
    The actual world itself on which the stories are taking place is out of commission for the duration of the event, so all the books basically change gears to exploring how the characters deal with the new world. A lot of them still have the same creative teams, so I don't know how many are being erased yet. I do think it breaks up a lot of momentum though.

All-New Member

I don't know...five months of rehashing old storylines, just to add a few new characters to the Marvel Universe?!

I don't know...five months of rehashing old storylines, just to add a few new characters to the Marvel Universe?!
    There is some rehash old storylines, but a lot of it seems to be off the wall go nuts stuff. Like A-Force.

Secret Wars in a nutshell (sorry I couldn't resist)

That's what I said. Other than trying to sell a bunch of comics (which may be 99% of the point), that's alot of trouble to go through to bring Miles Morales to the same universe the other characters are in...