Page 690 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 190590640680686687688689690691692693694700740790 ... LastLast
Results 10,336 to 10,350 of 15150

Thanks for the number Aahz. Do you by chance still remember RHATO or RHA lowest numbers?

Spectacular Member

I have a feeling that in the future we may see a Red Hood solo written by someone who wants to go back to the more anti-hero roots from UTRH. I would enjoy that as long as it builds off of what Lobdell has done, and isn't a Punisher copy.

I think its inevitable honestly.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Thanks for the number Aahz. Do you by chance still remember RHATO or RHA lowest numbers?
    It was iirc in both cases the final issue, RH/A#13 sold 16,389 RHatO Vol 1 #40 sold 17,110.

Quote Originally Posted by SpentShrimp View Post
    I have a feeling that in the future we may see a Red Hood solo written by someone who wants to go back to the more anti-hero roots from UTRH. I would enjoy that as long as it builds off of what Lobdell has done, and isn't a Punisher copy.
    That requires DC to actually consider giving their less promoted characters opportunities. But with the current RHATO going darker, I think the "going back to UTRH" root is already happening more or less. I'd love a Red Hood solo of course, but I do think RHATO already feels like one given that Jason is rarely sidelined in any issue.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

@SpentShrimp: I'd be fine with that so long as whomever writes it stays far away from the psycho killer version that was so prevalent with his appearances before the reboot. I've absolutely no desire to see that particular characterization applied to Jason again.

@ G: I actually feel that Lobdell is doing a good job of not sidelining anyone on the team, unlike most of DC team books have a habit of doing. And as for the current RHATO going darker I don't think we actually know what that means yet. It could very well mean a direction closer to UTRH but it may mean something entirely different. I guess we'll just have to see what happens as time passes.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    @SpentShrimp: I'd be fine with that so long as whomever writes it stays far away from the psycho killer version that was so prevalent with his appearances before the reboot. I've absolutely no desire to see that particular characterization applied to Jason again.
    If you put Christopher Priest on it you might see it happen because he's been working on reverting Deathstroke to his merciless roots with his reasoning being someone like Deathstroke can be complex but not a good man. I can't imagine what his reasoning for turning Jason back into a psycho would be though. He seems to enjoy writing characters realistically.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    @ G: I actually feel that Lobdell is doing a good job of not sidelining anyone on the team, unlike most of DC team books have a habit of doing. And as for the current RHATO going darker I don't think we actually know what that means yet. It could very well mean a direction closer to UTRH but it may mean something entirely different. I guess we'll just have to see what happens as time passes.
    This problem is not exclusive to DC's team books the complaint about New X-Men: Academy X is that the new writers focused way too much on their creation X-23 and X-Men Gold has become the Kitty Pryde show. I think the previous writers were able to balance things a lot better. I wonder how much of it is down to the number of characters or writer's skill in balancing them.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 02-12-2018 at 11:51 PM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Not in the near future, I can tell you that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    That requires DC to actually consider giving their less promoted characters opportunities. But with the current RHATO going darker, I think the "going back to UTRH" root is already happening more or less. I'd love a Red Hood solo of course, but I do think RHATO already feels like one given that Jason is rarely sidelined in any issue.
    I think he should get a solo once the current incarnation of the outlaws disbands. I mean it is rare nowadays that a team book goes for more that 50 issues without a change of the cast, and I would prefer Jason to get a solo run before they do third incarnation of the Outlaws.

I wonder, how do you guys compare the focus/character work that Jason gets in his team book with that of characters with their own solo? I don't read a lot, but even in titles like Batman, there are certain arcs that feel like he is not the star of his own book at all.

BANNED

I have a feeling that in the future we may see a Red Hood solo written by someone who wants to go back to the more anti-hero roots from UTRH. I would enjoy that as long as it builds off of what Lobdell has done, and isn't a Punisher copy
    The roots never left. What the solo would bring is a situation where Jason admitedly would not function with friends around to keep himself in check. Loedbell already allured to this when the first group disbanded and in Future`s End. I keep bringing back the backup idea for the book for some down time/solo stories for Jason like the in old days. I wasn`t even born when that format was key in montly titles but it`s something that after hunting for books and reading them I found pleasing and surely missing in today`s mainstream market.

Then again, artists take more time these days to finish it off..

I wouldn`t mind a solo book with a Vertigo vibe. To me that`s the definite solo asthetic for the character and leaves at the door any Punisher-esque considerations that a few like to bring up, right away. I am currently enjoying RATHO a great deal, to and I want Loedbell to have the shot to wrap all his plot points up if that day ever comes closer but in the meantime (again) I have no idea why DC doesn`t give Jason miniseries considering Lost Years did alright.

In the end, debating for RATHO going further or a solo effort is laughably meaningless if Office doesn`t give a crap about actual promotion.

BANNED

To answer your question G, the focus on character isn`t missing one bit on Jason in RATHO since he`s always nearly the main focus.

When people talk of a Solo book, they wish for a promotion on all fronts, an update, if you will. That`s basically it. Alas, with Office being content with what they got, it really doesn`t matter much. They`re happy with the money he makes instead on focusing how he could just make more.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    To answer your question G, the focus on character isn`t missing one bit on Jason in RATHO since he`s always nearly the main focus.

When people talk of a Solo book, they wish for a promotion on all fronts, an update, if you will. That`s basically it. Alas, with Office being content with what they got, it really doesn`t matter much. They`re happy with the money he makes instead on focusing how he could just make more.
    Ah I get what you mean. I wasn't sure what Godlike13 meant when he said it's inevitable. Certainly not because Office is so caring about the character now, so I guess he meant a solo/going back to UTRH root is inevitable because Lobdell is somehow failing with RHATO.

BANNED

I don`t think he`s ever been hot with Loedbell handling bat characters, so that may but regardless of the format, promotion is suposed to be there for a reason and it`s been failing heaps since the launch.

As in, it`s not been there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    but regardless of the format, promotion is suposed to be there for a reason and it`s been failing heaps since the launch.

As in, it`s not been there.
    I agree. There are solos that content-wise, are not that rewarding for their characters. RHATO as a team book with the most focus on Jason wouldn't be a minus point if it is properly cared for by Office.