Page 950 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 4508509009409469479489499509519529539549601000 ... LastLast
Results 14,236 to 14,250 of 15150

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I'm pretty sure that you have already stated your opinion a few times in this thread. Always leading to the same discussion. So yes, if you only redundantly repeat yourself again and again, no one is gaining anything from it, except you by getting a rise out of other people. So do what everyone else here would do in another thread if they have said everything they wanted to say: "keep quiet and go away". Come back if you have something new to add. And don't start to play victim by saying you are "in the minority". Everyone here has different opinions. Some are okay with Jason killing, others say he should not, or if it's okay to which degree. Should he be part of the bat family like the other Robins, should he be the black sheep, or should he have his own family, etc.

Nothing to add about the history before A Death in the Family. There were some good stories, yes. Death in the Family itself was rather ... not so well written. (And by that I don't mean the ending.)

I don't understand what you're getting at. Jason died - all potential that was gained from his death was used and by resurrecting him and writing UTH a twist was given that lead to new potential. Jason earned his spot by being "around for 5 years". And yes, he's just "another member", the same as Dick, Tim, Damian, Duke and Co. And a lot of Jason fans came around after his resurrection, because of the UTH comic, or the animated movie, or the Arkham Knight game, etc. And these fans - and all other fans of the character - will clearly disagree with you and your opinion that Jason "should've stayed dead", the same goes for other revived characters like Barry, Green Arrow, Superman, Wally West, etc.. I'd like to see your response when one of your favorite characters dies and DC decides to let the character stay dead because "consequences and important historical moments" should always stick forever. Nevermind that "forever" doesn't work in a concept like the DC universe. People want for example to read Bruce Wayne's Batman in 10 years, in 20 years and probably even in 100 years. So there will be always changes in continuity. Things will be undone and new "circumstances and important historical moments" will be created that will last for the next 10, 20 years or so. And nevermind that Bruce' whole Don't Kill Rule only exists because DC decided to undo all of Bruce' murdering from pre-crisis.

You do realize that Jason was an anti-hero in UTH? He was the antagonist but he wasn't a villain. His motives were clearly that of an anti-hero. And he was already running around shooting people and making jokes back in UTH. And he didn't try to kill Bruce in UTH. And the other batfam folks wasn't even around in the comic. So who are the characters "he has only ever tried to kill"? Because everything after UTH does not seem to be canon anymore. Nevermind that Bruce is stating near the end of UTH - after Jason has killed and decapitated 8 people and became a crime boss - that he is still trying to save Jason.

It doesn't make them hypocritical idiots. It makes them father and son. Parents' love should be unconditional. And if there are problems then these problems should be worked on, even if this means trying forever without any hope of ever "winning" because that's not the point of being a family.

As already mentioned, Jason was an anti-hero in UTH. Being a villain means doing evil stuff and hurting/killing innocent people/civilians. And that does not sound like Jason at all. But since you are basing your whole argumentation on the UTH comic the anti-hero/villain stuff only seems to be semantics. So again: What do you want to tell me? Yes, Deathstroke has a praised run. But so has Jason since the start of Rebirth. And since the start of Rebirth - and even before that - he is "running around doing his own thing". And if you have read that run you'll know that Jason and Bruce where never lovey-dovey in RHatO like the whole Joker stuff and Co. didn't happen. And even by sticking to Bruce' one rule not to kill, Jason was never shackled to him. There are other means than killing as the first Rebirth arc has shown. And it's a shame that the comic didn't delve more deeply into that topic.

The only thing that would shackle Jason to Bruce would be to make him a "reverse Batman" because than Jason isn't more than a "negative image" of Bruce that is defined by doing the opposite of the original image. (And by the way, there is already a villain with that property.)
    I am in the minority when it comes to this thread and that's fine. Minority just means a smaller number or group I'm not playing victim, these are just opinions about comic characters. I'm not trying to tear down you guys or Jason. These are my personal opinions from the stories and experiences from my time with the character. It's not like what I say will affect you guys or the character. That's all well and good, this was kinda my point when I initially posted in here. I just came in to say different people have different ways to appreciate something and it turns into me readdressing my opinion, that opinion is wrong and people make offhanded remarks about ignore buttons and not being taken seriously like I'm just coming in trying to start something, it just becomes whole thing of me being a hater or being talked down to. I'm just gonna leave part of my initial post below.

That's not overly negative and yet it gets a rise out of people because they take criticism as an attack on a character they love, it's not it's just me liking a previous version. I don't generally come in here because anytime I talk about it I get challenged and 5 or 6 pages get added to the thread because of it.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Well, this is one way to find out where Jay is...

So definitively, Woods is going to go for the hardboiled noir pulp aesthetics. With lots of action too. I'm the happiest person of the week

https://twitter.com/thatpetewoods/st...003715584?s=19
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-19-2018 at 08:16 PM.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

In the name of the…whatever, I will punish you!
    Last edited by Sergard; 10-20-2018 at 03:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    So definitively, Woods is going to go for the hardboiled noir pulp aesthetics. With lots of action too. I'm the happiest person of the week

https://twitter.com/thatpetewoods/st...003715584?s=19
    Aaa I'm thrilled too. Thanks for reaching out to Woods!

Is this Sailor Moon thing a meme that flew under my radar somehow? It's hilarious, but I don't get it. I mean, I know the one with Moon Knight, but... Jason? I don't get it xD

JJMK has lost it definitively :_D

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Aaa I'm thrilled too. Thanks for reaching out to Woods!
    It was unintentional :___D (or at least I didn't expect that answer). I saw him talking about what he would like to work about, and it sounded so pulpy, I just wondered... And there he delivered!
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-20-2018 at 02:30 AM.

n the name of the…whatever, I will punish you!
    JASON NO.

(2chars)

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    JASON NO.

(2chars)
    You know, we have so many Robins now we could actually try a Sailor Scout team.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Is this Sailor Moon thing a meme that flew under my radar somehow? It's hilarious, but I don't get it. I mean, I know the one with Moon Knight, but... Jason? I don't get it xD
    Who knows where JJMK got that idea from. Maybe from the Tim Drake fanart that shows Tim Drake transforming like a Magical Girl (and in the end it's revealed that Jason drew everything xD). I think the fanart was posted here (or in the Tim Drake thread), but I can't find it at the moment.

I love how the first panel is Jason's pose from the last page of RHatO #26.

Who knows where JJMK got that idea from. Maybe from the Tim Drake fanart that shows Tim Drake transforming like a Magical Girl (and in the end it's revealed that Jason drew everything xD). I think the fanart was posted here (or in the Tim Drake thread), but I can't find it at the moment.

I love how the first panel is Jason's pose from the last page of RHatO #26.
    Oh, could be. It's just too funny and bizarre I can see it being the case.

The ways creativity works for people who are actually funny are mysterious (for me).

Okay, that was funny. And imagining him saying that with a deep, gruff bowery accent makes it all the better!

Anyways, back to basics for Jason, sort of...

lindatart

Jason and some big bois

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Okay, that was funny. And imagining him saying that with a deep, gruff bowery accent makes it all the better!

Anyways, back to basics for Jason, sort of...

NO JASON.
    (2chars)

(All these horrifyingly awesome Jason arts on a roll)

(And I love it when Damian is drawn with shark teeth. Such a ball of terror.)
    Last edited by G-Potion; 10-20-2018 at 07:20 PM.