Page 1005 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 5505905955995100110021003100410051006100710081009 ... LastLast
Results 15,061 to 15,075 of 15150

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I know some of these enormous threads were clogging the forums for awhile. It might be good to reset them all so that we can gauge how the conversations are going.
    Was is the reason the forum slowed down? I had the impression that it was because of something else. I think it's easy to see how robust a thread is or isn't without the need to restart. Also if the condition being all appreciation threads regardless of page count, I can see it being a bit of a bother to create a new thread for every closed one; and for the less often discussed characters, people are also less likely to step up and open a new thread for them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Was is the reason the forum slowed down? I had the impression that it was because of something else. I think it's easy to see how robust a thread is or isn't without the need to restart. Also if the condition being all appreciation threads regardless of page count, I can see it being a bit of a bother to create a new thread for every closed one; and for the less often discussed characters, people are also less likely to step up and open a new thread for them.
    I understood it to be big fat threads clogging things up so some of them had to be started over. Might be wrong, though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    https://www.deviantart.com/glencanlas

You're doing fine, Jason.

I, personally, still stand by Tim's New 52 Red Robin costume being his best looking.

I like this pic. I wonder what the context is?

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I, personally, still stand by Tim's New 52 Red Robin costume being his best looking.

I like this pic. I wonder what the context is?
    I agree, but people think the wings are dumb for some reason. Tasteless people, I swear!
    I liked pre-FP costume too, just not the cowl. I would've worked something different. It's also a natural evolution of the red, golden and black costume he had (and which is, to this day, the best looking All-Robin costume. Well, I don't like the pants, but one can easily work that a bit to stylize it in a more fashionable way).
    I also dislike the cross-thingy-thing in both costumes, now that I think about it. Like, really, not a fan. Needs to be functional or something. If not, it's going to come across as some Tetsuya Nomura's discarded design: belts everywhere.

(Yeah, I spend time thinking about these sort of matters. But hey; it's hard to get character design right and, as someone who draws her stories, it's a subject that matters to me)

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

If the the thread does get reset, I nominate “Prince of Gotham” get added to the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    If the the thread does get reset, I nominate “Prince of Gotham” get added to the title.
    Funny, but it would give us a nice indication as of when it was started. It is the title for the new arc (starting in march), right? For the years to come (because I doubt we will reach page 1000 within a year).

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I'd prefer "Damned Prince of Gotham" since basically every Robin is "Prince of Gotham" because of their relationship to Batman, Joker even called Batman a "king" and the batfamily the "royal family" in RHatO #15 (old run).

And three issues later Alfred calls Jason "Prince of Gotham" while being unconscious. Bless Alfred, Best Grandfather of the Year; or better: of every Year. It was such a nice moment, basically reassuring the reader that Jason is still part of the family.

Of course, there is also the scene from RHatO #23 (current run) which reveals that Jason was already called "(Damned) Prince of Gotham" shortly after being born. That adds a little more complexity to the whole "Prince of Gotham"-stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I'd prefer "Damned Prince of Gotham" since basically every Robin is "Prince of Gotham" because of their relationship to Batman, Joker even called Batman a "king" and the batfamily the "royal family" in RHatO #15 (old run).

And three issues later Alfred calls Jason "Prince of Gotham" while being unconscious. Bless Alfred, Best Grandfather of the Year; or better: of every Year. It was such a nice moment, basically reassuring the reader that Jason is still part of the family.

Of course, there is also the scene from RHatO #23 (current run) which reveals that Jason was already called "(Damned) Prince of Gotham" shortly after being born. That adds a little more complexity to the whole "Prince of Gotham"-stuff.

Right. I was missing the "damned" part.
    So true and right and also catchy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I agree, but people think the wings are dumb for some reason. Tasteless people, I swear!
    I liked pre-FP costume too, just not the cowl. I would've worked something different. It's also a natural evolution of the red, golden and black costume he had (and which is, to this day, the best looking All-Robin costume. Well, I don't like the pants, but one can easily work that a bit to stylize it in a more fashionable way).
    I also dislike the cross-thingy-thing in both costumes, now that I think about it. Like, really, not a fan. Needs to be functional or something. If not, it's going to come across as some Tetsuya Nomura's discarded design: belts everywhere.

(Yeah, I spend time thinking about these sort of matters. But hey; it's hard to get character design right and, as someone who draws her stories, it's a subject that matters to me)
    (Sorry for the tangent everyone!)

It's always nice to see someone else who likes the New 52 Red Robin look. And I don't agree with the typical jab on the wings either. The design gives a unique dimension and body to the cape that's not feally present in the capes of any of the other outfits any of the Batfamily has worn or wears.

I will say I like the criss-cross of the belt design, at least in the New 52 look (so not as much in the pre-Flashpoint Red Robin costume for me). There is a certain flair of toughness that is to be had from such a design; and an aside, this wouldn't come close to the "too many belts" Nomoura thing . Rather, I think it works here.

On the flip side, I also concur that the cowl from the pre-Flashpoint costume really does kind of throw me off the design something fierce. I'm not sure its removal/alteration would do a 180 for me on it, though, but I guess it could be a place to start. But the cowl did too much against Tim than in favor for him, at least in my eyes.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post

“Jason Todd: Robin, Red Hood & Damned Prince of Gotham” has a nice ring to it

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    “Jason Todd: Robin, Red Hood & Damned Prince of Gotham” has a nice ring to it
    And Arkham Knight.

The Robin, the Hood, the Knight and the Prince. At this point, we will have a party for a game. Do we count Wingman too?

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

There is probably a character limitation for thread titles. So better restrict to the most important names and mention the rest in the first post.

Who will create the new thread? A mod or a normal user? I'd like to have some additional rules that are already used in other appreciation threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    And Arkham Knight.

The Robin, the Hood, the Knight and the Prince. At this point, we will have a party for a game. Do we count Wingman too?
    Now that gives a funny mental image. A band of Jasons going on quests, saving the world. Don't forget the Priest as well. Also is the boss a Jason? We have crime lord.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Since there will be a new Arkham Knight who will actively use the name, we probably should stop putting that name on the thread title to avoid confusion.

We don't know how long that character will last beyond Tec'1000. I think Jason will still remain as the prevalent owner of that title for a while, given the popularity of the game. Even his costume is more memorable.