Page 888 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 388788838878884885886887888889890891892898938988 ... LastLast
Results 13,306 to 13,320 of 15150

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I've already seen that page a few days ago (there are similar pages for Booster Gold, Harley and Blue Jay. They all look so vulnerable).
    Seeing it still makes me sad. I really hope Roy will be fine. Although the Green Arrow tie-in with HiC gives me a bad feeling.

Jason is serious now.

The REAL reason he shaves it off :P

Ahaha I think this might be my favorite jjmk comic for a long while.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

The series is becoming Red Hood: Outlaw

https://www.newsarama.com/41611-red-...ason-todd.html

Finally we hear from the man himself.

He seem pretty secretive about the new direction, but we learn couple of things like Jason is definitely not going to be like the punisher (YES!) and instead going to be more like Clint Eastwood in his early days, the book will be renamed, issue 27 going to be pretty emotional (come on Lobdell, take it easy on our hearts) and the new arc going to be pretty intense.

I'm pretty excited for whatever he is planning.

27 is gonna hurt. I'm a little skeptical of just how much violence they're going for with the new direction but hopefully it won't be beyond the reasonable amount. And the name change, I didn't think solo Red Hood would last more than an arc but it may be a permanent direction (I don't mind it since he said he's has a subplot for Artemis+Bizzaro) I also like that he mentioned that the office considered RHATO as a favorite ^_^

Edit: Btw, I might be reading into it too much but I get the feeling he's implying that Jason might not have intended to kill Penguin with the "over the edge" comment? Kinda like he aimed to get as close to wounding him to death as possible but not outright kill him. He also says Penguin is in the hospital so he's still definitely alive
    Last edited by thebluefeline; 08-29-2018 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thebluefeline View Post
    I also like that he mentioned that the office considered RHATO as a favorite ^_^
    Nice surprise indeed to hear that RHATO is a favourite in DC.

Spectacular Member

Wow, what an interview! Thank you for sharing it!

I love the idea of a more 'dynamic' team size, and that while Jason appears to be alone, the stories about other team members are still going on as a subplot. It adds more layers & leads to the story. And I'm really hyped for #27 now...
    Last edited by magpieM; 08-29-2018 at 04:22 PM.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Ah, so this new direction might have indeed come from someone above Lobdell then. He even says so in this interview and the interviewer also mentions it.

Lobdell: "As much as everyone loves the dynamic between Jason, Artemis and Bizarro (I have it on good authority Red Hood and the Outlaws is a favorite around the DC offices), there were some discussions way above my pay grade: What would happen if Jason were alone for a while?"

Nrama: Right. But as you pointed out, you’ve been writing this character’s story for awhile now. Aside from being a publishing decision, do you think this move makes sense in Jason’s overarching story? Does it follow what you’ve been exploring recently with the character?
    Since historically speaking such moves haven't never been particularly kind to Jason that makes me still feel uneasy about this. Still I do love the idea of Jason being a sort of Clint Eastwood type character during this period and that is enough to keep me on board with this solo Jason business for the time being. I'm good so long as the higher ups don't use this new direction as an excuse to return him to his Pre-FP psychotic killer existence. I'm also liking that Biz and Artemis are still going to be a subplot to all this.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 08-29-2018 at 04:13 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Fantastic Member

I new it I was right I it was other people doing this
    I was in a freak accident there were freaks everywhere Dan vs

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Ah, so this new direction might have indeed come from someone above Lobdell then. He even says so in this interview and the interviewer also mentions it.

Since historically speaking such moves haven't never been particularly kind to Jason that makes me still feel uneasy about this. Still I do love the idea of Jason being a sort of Clint Eastwood type character during this period and that is enough to keep me on board with this solo Jason business for the time being. I'm good so long as the higher ups don't use this new direction as an excuse to return him to his Pre-FP psychotic killer existence. I'm also liking that Biz and Artemis are still going to be a subplot to all this.
    But I don't think it's like all of a sudden that someone above him made this decision to separate the team. If that's the case, it must have happend before Biz became smart, because the separation of the team (or a dark, painful turning point for Jason and the team) has been deeply rooted for a long time, at least no later than the appearance of those letters a year ago. And the conversation between Jason and Croc had implied that Jason and his friends would be heading in different directions.

And in fact Lobdell himself mentioned it here again that Jason has always been wearing a mask in front of his true friends (or people he cares). So actually I'm really exited about Jason going solo for a short while. It's not just because we've never seen him being solo for so many years even though we often refer him as a 'lone wolf' type of person, but also because finally, Lobdell will reveal Jason's true self with his writing, he's going to take off this 'hood'. I'm more exited about what's Jason's solo image would be like in Lobdell's mind. Maybe it's something really horrible and dark that could even scare Queen bee to death (sorry about mentioning this clue again, I'm just so intrigued by this unsolved mystery...)

Quote Originally Posted by magpieM View Post
    But I don't think it's like all of a sudden that someone above him made this decision to separate the team. If that's the case, it must have happend before Biz became smart, because the separation of the team (or a dark, painful turning point for Jason and the team) has been deeply rooted for a long time, at least no later than the appearance of those letters a year ago. And the conversation between Jason and Croc had implied that Jason and his friends would be heading in different directions.

And in fact Lobdell himself mentioned it here again that Jason has always been wearing a mask in front of his true friends (or people he cares). So actually I'm really exited about Jason going solo for a short while. It's not just because we've never seen him being solo for so many years even though we often refer him as a 'lone wolf' type of person, but also because finally, Lobdell will reveal Jason's true self with his writing, he's going to take off this 'hood'. I'm more exited about what's Jason's solo image would be like in Lobdell's mind. Maybe it's something really horrible and dark that could even scare Queen bee to death (sorry about mentioning this clue again, I'm just so intrigued by this unsolved mystery...)
    So, a journey of self-discovery, huh? In a new town, no big bad Bat lurking around the corner, separated from a team that has seemingly been more like family to him than most of the Bat Family (barring Alfred at least, maybe Dick), and many anger issues to work out...

Meh. After reading Darkness, it takes a lot for it to be THAT dark for me (though, some of it was the dark humor sort of dark as well). Besides which, Arty and Big B are lost, possibly in the Dark Multiverse (not a spoiler, as it hasn't been confirmed), and they're going to have their own journey to get back home to "Red Him".

Which raises SO many more questions about Artemis in the Wonder Woman series right now.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magpieM View Post
    I never said it was a sudden change or that things weren't set up to accommodate the this particular direction. All I was saying was that its interesting to me that while I've seen some fans insisting that this direction is all on Lobdell the idea was not in fact his alone. Some part of it actually did come from higher up. Ergo it is, at least in part anyway, a mandate from someone. And honestly looking at the overall tone of the DCU at the moment I can't say I'm entirely surprised either.

As for what we will see when Lobdell starts showing the "true" Jason I'm excited to see that so long as editorial doesn't use this as an excuse to make him crazy again.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG