Page 880 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 380780830870876877878879880881882883884890930980 ... LastLast
Results 13,186 to 13,200 of 15150

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    They seem to be really careful in avoiding revealing much about the new arc since they keep saying the same thing in every solicit since September.
    I noticed. Definitely something interesting to come soon.

Like Rise said, they have been repeating the same information for all three solicits while revealing very little and that could very well be misleading also. Myself, I don't even have a vague idea much less an opinion about what it sounds like so I'm gonna stay optimistic because I like experimenting with new ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiliko View Post
    It's so cute G I'll take 20 penguins and 1 Jason to go plz.
    Subzero says you have to be a Lin Kuei if you want one penguin. But you can take Jason for free; he's had enough.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Subzero says you have to be a Lin Kuei if you want one penguin. But you can take Jason for free; he's had enough.
    Hah, I laughed out loud in the bus again!

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

The billboard on the cover gives me "The Stepford Wives" vibes. Now I can't stop imagining Jason going undercover and renting a little house in the suburbs, baking apple pies and chitchatting with his neighbors. "Good morning, gentlemen. Lovely weather today... why don't you come in and have some pie? ... A bloody crowbar? Oh, that old thing there in the corner. I tried to open a red paint tin with it. Silly me... Have you already met my pet penguin?"

I like the cover a lot. Finally no crowbar, seeing it always rubs me the wrong way. And another variant cover by Yasmine Putri. I really dig her style. And I'm looking forward to this "Underlife" organization. I'm curious if we get all new characters or some old faces too.

I hope Jason will stay away from Gotham/Batman for a very long time. Even if it's a little sad because it's his hometown and of all bat-family members Jason seemed to care the most about the lower social classes. But I don't want him to reconcile with Bruce, especially not after being beaten unconscious for "killing" somebody whom Bruce later teams up with and who looks perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    The billboard on the cover gives me "The Stepford Wives" vibes. Now I can't stop imagining Jason going undercover and renting a little house in the suburbs, baking apple pies and chitchatting with his neighbors. "Good morning, gentlemen. Lovely weather today... why don't you come in and have some pie? ... A bloody crowbar? Oh, that old thing there in the corner. I tried to open a red paint tin with it. Silly me... Have you already met my pet penguin?"

I like the cover a lot. Finally no crowbar, seeing it always rubs me the wrong way. And another variant cover by Yasmine Putri. I really dig her style. And I'm looking forward to this "Underlife" organization. I'm curious if we get all new characters or some old faces too.

I hope Jason will stay away from Gotham/Batman for a very long time. Even if it's a little sad because it's his hometown and of all bat-family members Jason seemed to care the most about the lower social classes. But I don't want him to reconcile with Bruce, especially not after being beaten unconscious for "killing" somebody whom Bruce later teams up with and who looks perfectly fine.
    The part that has me thrown for a loop is that Jason is estranged from the Outlaws now. The question there being; why? Because the same week the issue of Artemis and Bizarro getting sucked through the door, Artemis pops up in the Wonder Woman comic, with no mention of her time as an Outlaw.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    The part that has me thrown for a loop is that Jason is estranged from the Outlaws now. The question there being; why? Because the same week the issue of Artemis and Bizarro getting sucked through the door, Artemis pops up in the Wonder Woman comic, with no mention of her time as an Outlaw.
    Her time as an Outlaw is certainly mentioned.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    You know what's also intense? The preview to Mother Panic: A.D. #6.
    https://screenrant.com/jason-todd-ba...-panic-gotham/
    Especially the panel with all the Robins.
    Interesting. Quick allusions to TDKR and Hit Girl. Hopefully they will bridge the trauma between Violet and this Jason so he can learn to fly again but wheter the case, he remains bar none the most blunt damaged character this side of the universe and keeps kicking back, sometimes not as elegantly as one would wish but that`s life.

The kid keeps looking like her own little Jason on top of being Robin in his eyes (reacts like he`s looking at the mirror) Lot of spunk, no fear, potentially dangerous. One thing`s for certain, Violet handles it alot better than Bruce.

#nailed.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 08-21-2018 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    WW seems to take place a bit after RHATO 25. Art is "looking for a challenge", said challenge being a "him". To me, it's implied she means Jason, and she even mentions RHATO's "Bow of Rah" arc.

BANNED

And subquently her own tribe and the meeting with WW.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    WW seems to take place a bit after RHATO 25. Art is "looking for a challenge", said challenge being a "him". To me, it's implied she means Jason, and she even mentions RHATO's "Bow of Rah" arc.
    I did find that sequence peculiar, what with her being vague about this person or 'challenge' she was looking for, the fact that the bar attendant says something along the lines of 'I already told you he's not here' and the fact that well, she's looking for a particular person in a dive bar filled with what I assume are generic villains considering the costumes, who else does she know that visits such places. I thought I was reading too much into it by assuming she was referring to Jason, glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    I did find that sequence peculiar, what with her being vague about this person or 'challenge' she was looking for, the fact that the bar attendant says something along the lines of 'I already told you he's not here' and the fact that well, she's looking for a particular person in a dive bar filled with what I assume are generic villains considering the costumes, who else does she know that visits such places. I thought I was reading too much into it by assuming she was referring to Jason, glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks so.
    Yeah, it's definitely the kind of place Jason is usually showed hanging out in many comics, for one reason or another. And you can argue that he's definitely a challenging person (for no-nonsense people like Artemis especially; and broadly, because all the issues he usually carries with himself, basically), even if he's really a treasure as a friend and as an ally.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Yeah, it's definitely the kind of place Jason is usually showed hanging out in many comics, for one reason or another. And you can argue that he's definitely a challenging person (for no-nonsense people like Artemis especially; and broadly, because all the issues he usually carries with himself, basically), even if he's really a treasure as a friend and as an ally.
    Hmm, I wish I had more faith and assurance that comics followed any sort of solid continuity between books. Otherwise this small scene could have even been a nod towards rhato and the current state Jason is in. EG; Artemis finds herself having to resort to searching random hotspots like these because Red Hood has officially 'gone off the grid' and has become unreachable as such.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Hmm, I wish I had more faith and assurance that comics followed any sort of solid continuity between books. Otherwise this small scene could have even been a nod towards rhato and the current state Jason is in. EG; Artemis finds herself having to resort to searching random hotspots like these because Red Hood has officially 'gone off the grid' and has become unreachable as such.
    Let's hope that this, if not a well planed thing between writers, is another rare coincidence in which everything ends up kind of making sense by sheer luck. It has already worked before for Jay! (Wonder of wonders, it did sometimes, I think)

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Like Rise said, they have been repeating the same information for all three solicits while revealing very little and that could very well be misleading also. Myself, I don't even have a vague idea much less an opinion about what it sounds like so I'm gonna stay optimistic because I like experimenting with new ideas.
    It more the tone of the solicits and covers that are making me weary. I like it when they experiment with new ideas and directions as well because interesting stories oftentimes happen as a result however this particular violent direction is a bit too close to his portrayal during the pre-Flashpoint era to make me entirely comfortable with it. It makes me feel like they are pigeonholing Jason again into some one dimensional character whose only quality is his violence and proclivity for killing. Jason's so much more than that so I really hope what my gut instinct is telling me is way off base and that Lobdell continues with the nuanced portrayal we've been getting thus far. I'd hate to lose that in the chaos of a more gritty direction. That being said those covers and solicits are not making it easy to remain optimistic about things. The ONLY reason I have any at all is because Lobdell is still on the book. He might be able to make this direction work for me but if it was anyone else I would be gone after the Annual. That's how much I distrust this direction change and I still wonder if this isn't something cooked up by editorial on some level whatever Lobdell might say on the subject. It does seem like a lot of books are going in new directions at the moment so the fact that RHATO is as well can't be coincidence and it also seems like a lot of them are going darker in tone as well. Just saying.

Anyway like I said I'll give it an issue to see if this new direction appeals to me and if it doesn't I'll just wait it out. No big deal really.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 08-21-2018 at 07:28 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG