Page 744 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 244644694734740741742743744745746747748754794844 ... LastLast
Results 11,146 to 11,160 of 15150

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    I agree with you both. Yeah there are downsides to it ( although everyone seems to suffer with the Batfamily cross overs), but man Id rather take those as long as we get what we have Jason now instead of being bitter that editorial won't move on from the 90's or whatever.
    Yes, I agree too. A pity that you people say that Dick fans are so nuts about changes. One of the first books I read once I started diggin deep into main DCU comics was Grayson, and it really was a pleasant and fun read. Was it badly received? I think it was, I kind of remember it being a disliked change? Which is a pity, because spy adventures are always fun; they can throw the character into a lot of new and varied situations, and it also added nice things to his background (though fanfic writers tend to like the talon heritage stuff way more, it seems. Don't get me wrong; that's cool too, but eh, not much potential but for the edginess that the character shouldn't dwell in too much, and also a dramatic trick that gets old too soon).

It's like how I think that it's sad that some fans dislike the all-caste stuff with Jason that Lobdell added; that stuff can add a new set of situations into Jason's usual routine of crime fighting, and it's not like there are a lot of currently active mixed mystical-and-ordinary street level crime fighting warriors in DC (unlike in Marvel, funny enough). Also, the blades are cool and I'll fight anyone who says they're not. Jason is very pulpy, and it fits him (but, er, I love pulp fiction). I agree with G-Pots too; one of the nice things about Jason is that you can throw him into the most risky narratives (detective suspense stories, evil ancient conspiracy plots, space adventures, multiversal quests and lovecraftian stories, even, I bet) and see what happens because he's not tied to anything yet. And to be honest, as an amateur writer myself, I love to put my characters in totally new settings and see what happens. It helps give said characters a development, it lets then learn and change and also mess up. And as a reader, I love that. But apparently, more people like to read the same story, read inside the already known and comfortable limits that they already know of, and want their characters to stay as they were when they discover that they liked them. Nothing wrong with that itself either, but for that, you can always reread your favorite stories. Reading new stories that basically tell the same is quite boring, in my humble opinion. Making fresh stories with those limitations is harsh; I don't envy those writers that have to work with them.

Off topic now. I finished my Batman and Robin fan art. It's not Jason himself; it's a composed Robin, but I was wondering if you guys would like to see it. May I post it?
    Last edited by Zaresh; 03-24-2018 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    That's true but if Nightwing is selling well through workman stories the kind from the Jim Shooter era of Marvel then maybe there's nothing wrong with Nightwing. Giving Jason a Sinestro Ring would make better sense than Nightwing. Or even a Red Lantern Ring. Either way if Nightwing is stagnant perhaps maybe one should consider finding a way to revive Grayson which I heard from TV Tropes and Idiom gave him a new purpose. Maybe have Dick work with the Birds of Prey this time instead of Spyral.
    Dick is either green or blue though. Same as Jason is truly green (absolutely will driven), even if you could put him a Sapphire ring too (because everything he does, he does because of Love or the lack of). Rage itself isn't very prominent in Jason's personality; it's just one way how he vents his problems through, a very powerful one but not the only. He's not rage driven.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 03-24-2018 at 06:05 AM. Reason: grammar

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Dick is either green or blue though. Same as Jason is truly green (absolutely will driven), even if you could put him a Sapphire ring too (because everything he does, he does because of Love or the lack of). Rage itself isn't very prominent in Jason's personality; it's just one way how he vents his problems through, a very powerful one but not the only. He's not rage driven.
    Star Sapphires forcefully convert their followers and Jason would not like that. And sure green works better for Jason but cna you imagine if he was given an indigo ring?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Star Sapphires forcefully convert their followers and Jason would not like that. And sure green works better for Jason but cna you imagine if he was given an indigo ring?
    Wait. Aren't the Indigo (compassion) tropes the ones that forcefully convert their members (converted psychopaths)? Not the Star Sapphire (pink) ones?

Extraordinary Member

Either way if Nightwing is stagnant perhaps maybe one should consider finding a way to revive Grayson which I heard from TV Tropes and Idiom gave him a new purpose.
    The thing with Grayson is that that thing was never meant to last, since Dicks goal was mostly to discover what was going on in Spyral and take it apart. And they actually never really did a really big (James Bond type) spy story in that series.

Off topic now. I finished my Batman and Robin fan art. It's not Jason himself; it's a composed Robin, but I was wondering if you guys would like to see it. May I post it?
    @Zaresh: Do show please! Is it the one your avatar is cropped from?

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    @Zaresh: Do show please! Is it the one your avatar is cropped from?
    Yep, but my avatar is from when I took a photo at the still then unfinished work. I was working under warm light when I took it--that's why is more yellow-ish.
    Here it is:

Link to Tumblr in case you want it

I also uploaded to my insta a set of close ups for certain sections:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BgpuN52hwnl/?hl=es
    Last edited by Zaresh; 03-24-2018 at 08:36 AM. Reason: rephrasing little details

Wait. Aren't the Indigo (compassion) tropes the ones that forcefully convert their members (converted psychopaths)? Not the Star Sapphire (pink) ones?
    Both do. Sapphires go Yandere and Indigo is brainwashing servants of good(kinda like the mind death from Babylon 5).
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Both do. Sapphires go Yandere and Indigo is brainwashing servants of good(kinda like the mind death from Babylon 5).
    Oh, I see. I guess it's not fair then, giving him that ring.
    (Babylon 5, freaking good TV show, btw)

Yep, but my avatar is from when I took a photo at the still then unfinished work. I was working under warm light when I took it, by the way--that's why is more yellow-ish.
    Here it is:

Nice!! Love the warm light illuminating Robin and the idea that he's the light in Bruce's life and his crusade. The little details are pretty neat as well. Is that a Two-face toy? And the mini Joker/Harley/Scarecrow are so darn cute. I love how you positioned the cat as well; it provides more dimentional variety to the piece. The birds look awesome as well!

All-New Member

Yep, but my avatar is from when I took a photo at the still then unfinished work. I was working under warm light when I took it--that's why is more yellow-ish.
    Here it is:

Your work is amazing, I love the nods to Batman's rogue gallery like the little joker, harley and scarecrow. The Riddler cane and two-face toy are also a nice touch.
    Last edited by KC93; 03-24-2018 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Nice!! Love the warm light illuminating Robin and the idea that he's the light in Bruce's life and his crusade. The little details are pretty neat as well. Is that a Two-face toy? And the mini Joker/Harley/Scarecrow are so darn cute. I love how you positioned the cat as well; it provides more dimentional variety to the piece. The birds look awesome as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by KC93 View Post
    Your work is amazing, I love the nods to Batman's rogue gallery like the little joker, harley and scarecrow. The Riddler cane and two-face toy are also a nice touch.
    Thanks for the nice words! I put quite a thought into the drawing, where to place every element; so it means a lot if it's appreciated. Yes, that's a toy-like tiny Two Face. I wanted to add Penguin too, but didn't know where or how, so I discarded him. The hardest was to figure out how to work with the lighting, to be honest, because I didn't want the thing to be "realistic" (because the original work is based on and because I'm not good enough to paint the lighting rightly) but also didn't want it to be to arbitrary. This is a half-way attempt that I think fits well.

By the way, I got the idea from this etching from Francisco de Goya, one of my favourite painters: The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters
    Last edited by Zaresh; 03-24-2018 at 08:40 AM. Reason: adding quotation, and lost and found negative there

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    The thing with Grayson is that that thing was never meant to last, since Dicks goal was mostly to discover what was going on in Spyral and take it apart. And they actually never really did a really big (James Bond type) spy story in that series.
    Well Seeley tried to find a compromise by having Dick go on globe trotting adventures and defend Bludhaven. Maybe Seeley should have stayed around to continue it?

Amazing Member

Alright, I'm at wondercon and I'm gonna see if I can catch Batman: Ninja. Hopefully they do our boy good.

Quote Originally Posted by Savatewolf View Post
    Alright, I'm at wondercon and I'm gonna see if I can catch Batman: Ninja. Hopefully they do our boy good.
    Have fun and here's hoping that they do.