Page 975 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 475875925965971972973974975976977978979985 ... LastLast
Results 14,611 to 14,625 of 15150
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    What lines? The characters are teenagers themselves so is perfectly fine for them to be paired together if fans/the writers wish to do that. The actual age of the actors is irrelevant.
    It's relevant. If I were a minor and had to play couple with an adult I would be creeped out. Regardless from said adult playing a minor. And I don't think that the adult in this case feels any different.
    If the writers of the series want to have Raven in a relationship with another character they should have hired an older actress or a younger actor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    The guy playing Jason is 20. The girl playing Raven is 13-14. So, that's a no-go.

Also, the guy playing Gar is 24. So, that's a no-go as well.
    And Brenton is in his 30's? He's totally the Dorm Daddy.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    It's relevant. If I were a minor and had to play couple with an adult I would be creeped out. Regardless from said adult playing a minor. And I don't think that the adult in this case feels any different.
    If the writers of the series want to have Raven in a relationship with another character they should have hired an older actress or a younger actor.
    I mean, adults playing teenagers have been a thing since TV is a thing so, I find utterly ridiculous to get upset at people playing a romantic role or fans indulging on romantic fantasies with their characters. They're romancing the characters, not, the actors themselves.

BANNED

She might be an actress but she's still 13. Romantic fantasies can wait until she's no longer jail bait.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    She might be an actress but she's still 13. Romantic fantasies can wait until she's no longer jail bait.
    Good thing is the character what is in question here, not the actress.

Interview with Curran Walters. Start around the 42 minute mark.

Astonishing Member

As the actress is 13, it would be uncomfortable. So, I don't want a ship with Raven at this moment.

That said, I saw ships on TV series, where the characters has the same age, but an actress is 16, while the actor of her romantic interest is around 20. I don't know if that's common or not.
    Last edited by Konja7; 11-14-2018 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Interview with Curran Walters. Start around the 42 minute mark.

Cool! It even has a preview for episode 6 and oh noooooo. It's cute.

Seriously though, I'm liking pretty much everything I'm hearing from both the creators of the show and Curran himself, I really like that they seem to be (from what I can gather) emphasizing the innocence of the character. Like yeah he has a chip on his shoulder, but ultimately he is just stoked to be Robin.

I know right! I'm trying to save it for the Netflix show but this preview is just too good, that little skip he does, wow, haha. And hearing Curran talk, I know I will just love his Jason Todd.

Jason as Robin being cute, and happy, and innocent? Some people is going to be mad he's not hateable enough. I just... feel it in the Water, I feel it in the Earth, I smell it in the Air.

Edit: ha ha ha.The actor was so exited he just spoilered Jason's beating despite them going around to not spoil the thing. It didn't look scripted, it seemed genuine. That was... warm.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 11-15-2018 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Jason as Robin being cute, and happy, and innocent? Some people is going to be mad he'snot hateable enough. I just... feel it in the Water, I feel it in the Earth, I smell it in the Air.
    Maybe it will come later, but for now all I'm seeing is people cooing at baby Jason. Who's the grumpy robin now? :P
    Last edited by G-Potion; 11-15-2018 at 12:08 AM.

BANNED

Curran is PERFECT to play Jason!

Maybe it will come later, but for now all I'm seeing is people cooing at baby Jason. Who's the grumpy robin now? :P
    Me ^.^U

Good to hear that I'm wrong.

BANNED

After watching that interview, I would say that Dick Grayson is DEFINITELY the Grumpy Robin in this universe. I hope this opens the field for Curran to reach Red Hood status one of these days.

After watching that interview, I would say that Dick Grayson is DEFINITELY the Grumpy Robin in this universe. I hope this opens the field for Curran to reach Red Hood status one of these days.
    Which is fair, between his departure from the Bat, the new bad guys I've seen and the conflict its causing for all these new team mates, having a replacement on top of that seems to be getting to him, every Robin is at least grumpy during their transition out of the role. I like that you can already see the tension from Dick, and poor Jason seems just a tad oblivious to it, or is ignoring Dick's discomfort altogether to pretend otherwise, hard to tell for now. The relationship thus far is pretty much summed up by that fist bump, Jasons all excited and happy and Dick is just like ...-_-...reeeaally hesitant, but you know, not that much of a Dick to leave the poor kid hanging either.

Also, weird thing to focus on, I know, but I was wondering around the end of that clip why Jason jumped and threw his hands up while he was running back the way they came. I thought it was some kind of cheesy lil huzzah, or fist bump to the sky. I just realized he jumped to touch the parking structure ceiling. Okay fine, touche Titans, jumping to prove you can reach tall structures/signs/ceilings etc does seem like something Jason would do. XD