Page 730 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 230630680720726727728729730731732733734740780830 ... LastLast
Results 10,936 to 10,950 of 15150

By the way this is how Jason looks in the Red Hood Fan Series.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgRkfWVjzsH/

Last edited by G-Potion; 03-13-2018 at 08:23 PM.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Love the art and that costume looks great as well.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Costume is on point but the actor looks pretty old.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    That is frigging awesome!
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Costume is on point but the actor looks pretty old.
    Yeah looks more Frank Castle than Jason Todd, but with that comparison in mind, I think I can see what they were going for.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    I wonder whether what he did with Damian shows that he isn't invested in writing the non-classic characters?
    What he did with Damian in TLC was editorial refusing his 1st draft of Damian which was similar to how he wrote him in Deathstroke. Maybe they took the edge too far in TLC by making him a Batman/Deathstroke hybrid but it is fair to point out that editor said Priest's own take was OCC.

I don't know what he's invested in but I know he wanted Damian for Defiance and I know he referenced Damian's solo series which tells me that he at least did his research on the character and that he personally wants to write him.

Priest engaged extensively with fans after TLC which he did not have to which I feel shows that he unlike some writers does care about how he represents characters

I think Priest Jason slip was an honest mistake. Like some characters are more present in your mind while some are forgettable.
    Jason clearly is more present in Priest's mind especially since he fits the type of character he likes
    Last edited by dietrich; 03-14-2018 at 02:44 AM.

Extraordinary Member

And in case of Deathstroke it seems also for me that he at least read some of the original Series other wise he wouldn't have used characters like Pat and Luis.

If he is willing to do the research for other characters is another question. (Or if he is in Jason's case, which incarnation he prefers: Morrison, Lobdell, Winick ...)

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    What he did with Damian in TLC was editorial refusing his 1st draft of Damian which was similar to how he wrote him in Deathstroke. Maybe they took the edge too far in TLC by making him a Batman/Deathstroke hybrid but it is fair to point out that editor said Priest's own take was OCC.

I don't know what he's invested in but I know he wanted Damian for Defiance and I know he referenced Damian's solo series which tells me that he at least did his research on the character and that he personally wants to write him.

Priest engaged extensively with fans after TLC which he did not have to which I feel shows that he unlike some writers does care about how he represents characters
    Well Priest admitted what he did had more to do with keeping things interesting by not keeping things perfect and so both the rejected and accepted takes on Damian were out of character? He seems to love flawed characters more than white bread characters but he needs to work on balancing Damian's flaws with his strengths and developments so I'm sort of glad he didn't get Damian for Defiance though putting Kid Flash there was not any better. If he has done some research Priest should know that it was Tim not Jason who was jealous of Damian back in Post-Crisis because I hope there's still time for him to correct that mistake provided he hasn't submitted his script before his interview. And if Priest is willing to engage with the fans at least he's one of the few old guard writers who are not insular though DC has taken the lead a little by introducing a social media policy to safe guard writers on Twitter from attacks from rabid users. And I hope that slip about Jason was an honest mistake.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 03-14-2018 at 03:06 AM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Again its not Damian's flaws that are the problem but the way writers handle those flaws. They tend to dial up his flaws to 11 and there is also a tendency to pull him back to square one in order to do so. Also character growth doesn't mean that the flaws go away completely and I hope that's not what Priest was saying there. Damian struggles with his flaws constantly and we see that a lot in various stories but I feel that at the end of the day his training with Dick and his oath not to kill be the thing that keeps him from reacting to things as his assassin training would have him do. Up until the N52 reset things his vow not to kill was extremely important to him as was following his father's teachings. His own mother disowned him even in reaction to his wanting to follow the path of his father rather his grandfather.
    I see your point Damian is a very challenging character to write as unlike a lot of DC characters he's the type who works best when he's three dimensional not two dimensional. As far as I know all the statements he said about fans wanting boring characters had more to do with him wanting to know what fans want so it's best to just give Priest your thoughts on how Damian should be written to avoid any more disastrous portrayals. I know I have and I even told him it was Tim who was the jealous one so I hope it's not too late because if it is Tim Drake fans are not going to be happy. Though they were probably never happy when Tim became jealous and his love ones kept dropping like flies.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 03-14-2018 at 03:37 AM.

BANNED

Injustice is out and Jason has a brief tangle with the Batman`s Daugther, one more hero goes down and another gets captured.

She`s one thougt cookie but you can tell it was done in the way it was for the body count.

BANNED

As for the casuality, Damn it Barry!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Injustice is out and Jason has a brief tangle with the Batman`s Daugther, one more hero goes down and another gets captured.

She`s one thougt cookie but you can tell it was done in the way it was for the body count.
    Sofar the Injustice comics were pretty disappointing when it comes to Jason sofar. And honestly Batman`s Daugther seems a little bit over powered here.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Sofar the Injustice comics were pretty disappointing when it comes to Jason sofar. And honestly Batman`s Daugther seems a little bit over powered here.
    Being overpowered is a trait that generally belongs to the whole of the Batfamily even Jason on his own could have defeated Black Mask so Scott Lobdell had to be very creative when using him.

BANNED

Nah, it was just rushed to have them go for the escape route so you could escalate things further. She charges with a punch, he dodges it. She then goes for the gun, he blocks it high. The gun then sticks a blade out and she hits him pushing it down.

Honestly, she looked way less overpowered against Jason than Jason did against Batman. Batboy was completely manhandled apart so there isn`t much room for complaints here. The cool thing, if you can call it that, is knowing they will have a rematch. It might even be his first major hit as Red Hood until the end of this volume.

It`s going to be either Jason or Damian. She`s a main general of Ra`s side and she`s not in the game so someone is offing her and my money is on them two.

But more on Jason. He`s not letting it slide next time they meet.