Page 909 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 4098098598999059069079089099109119129139199591009 ... LastLast
Results 13,621 to 13,635 of 15150
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Yeah honestly, I'm really happy that they are displaying something closer to the OG canon for Jasons time as Robin.

And I'm also genuinely surprised that Jason is getting screen time in Titans, both in and out of costume. Even after an actor was cast for the role, I thought for sure he'd only show up for like a 10 second cameo in the Wayne Manor or something in the 'Jason Todd' episode.
    Jason replacing Dick is an issue for him all the way through the trigon arc. Im still getting though the New teen titans so he hasn't dies yet, I am curious for that reaction as well

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    So Jason is going to be the happy one.
    Weird. I'm not complaining at all. At all.
    If they want his death to have an impact, he has to be somehow likeable before. And maybe we see him get darker and more aggressive before.

I know, it's just that I feel happily surprised. I suspect he will be depicted as the reckless one, tho.
    I hope they don't ignore that Dick was also quite reckless in his youth and had fun and enjoid being Robin, the big differnce between Dick and Jason as Robin is imo that Jason was more violent and aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Jason replacing Dick is an issue for him all the way through the trigon arc. Im still getting though the New teen titans so he hasn't dies yet, I am curious for that reaction as well
    You mean Dicks reaction to Jason dying? I suppose if that came to fruition this show can go in two routes.

One, Dick is constantly jealous of Jason till the very end when Jason dies, and then Dick experiences guilt and or remorse for not interacting the kid more, bringing the angst and drama. That would be closer to the comics. (although of course its not completely accurate, in PC Dick did interact in the end but it still wasn't much and nothing close to the more brotherly relationships Dick had with Tim and Damian.)

OR second option, they go about this show by having Dick and Jason bicker at first but slowly become closer and more like brothers before Jason meets his end. Since the show runner mentioned that this is really a 'family show', and IF they REALLY wants to drive up the angst, they would be wiser imo to go with this option. It would help endear people to this brotherly relationship before it's cut short by the tragedy of Jasons death. (Something like the fan-made Nightwing series by ismahawk.) We would also get to see Dick in a more positive and mature light as he comes to terms with his 'replacement' and even warms up to him, it could add to his character arc of becoming Nightwing and a gracious leader.

I'm SUPER hoping it's the second option, since otherwise, considering the more streamlined narrative of a show compared to comics, you run into character issues with the first option, which is one of the reasons why I don't think the show runners will have Dick hate Jason the whole time. See now, the different comics were in the end all their own story lines, so despite their poor relationship overall in PC, stuff happening to Jason wasn't something negatively reflected back on Dick, he had nothing to do with that. However, since Dick is the star of this show, things will relate back to him, including how he interacts with the characters around him, and the last thing I imagine audiences would want see is him treating a kid character like crap the whole to time, only to then see said kid be killed off, it would just make Dick look like a jerk for giving a character that meets a tragic end such a hard time.

So yeah, I'm guessing with the way the show is presenting itself and presenting the characters, I think the reaction to Jasons death will be more tragic and depressing from Dicks angle this time, making it really feel like he lost his brother. That is IF we get that far in the narrative.
    Last edited by RedBird; 09-16-2018 at 06:10 AM.

doc-squash

Fallin on hard times XD

“Air-conditioning okay? Please excuse the blood.”

"Please excuse the blood.”

I wonder if he picks up rival mob bosses and drives them to oblivion.

vorimar-blog

“Goodbye, Bruce”

Wow. That's pretty art.

cherrymiko-art

#LetDickDriveTheBatmovile2k18

but we all know Jay lie… or did he?

I think along with these reveals in Titans there must be some mood in the air tonight for Jason Robin, I'm coming across a lot more fan art than usual on my twitter.

@e_noeno

Second Generation Robin

People is so fast. I wish I were, too!

cherrymiko-art

#LetDickDriveTheBatmovile2k18

but we all know Jay lie… or did he?
    He he he. This one is funny.

I'm guessing that either Jason took the Batmobile without permission; or he was testing if Dick did drive it while he cannot; or Bruce does let Jason drive because he doesn't want to repeat the mistakes he made with Dick, giving him more freedom, spoiling him a bit in comparison, etc.

People is so fast. I wish I were, too!

He he he. This one is funny.

I'm guessing that either Jason took the Batmobile without permission; or he was testing if Dick did drive it while he cannot; or Bruce does let Jason drive because he doesn't want to repeat the mistakes he made with Dick, giving him more freedom, spoiling him a bit in comparison, etc.
    That's just it, I'm trying to interpret that SHRUG that Jason does when Dick asks him.

Knowing the show runner mentioned younger siblings get away with more. My brain tells me that that SHRUG meant, 'yeah so'?

But knowing Jason, my heart tells me that that SHRUG meant, 'I mean.......I didn't actually ASK him, but he didn't say no'.

jjmk-jjmk

BAT-BRO