Page 903 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 4038038538938999009019029039049059069079139531003 ... LastLast
Results 13,531 to 13,545 of 15150

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I guess? But honestly, I don't see it. Never, or as I can recall, he has been drawn like that.

It has worked for heroes with similar profiles. They kind of stand with a foot on earth, with characters that have very different priorities in their life and see things differently. It also helps in giving something, or someone, who can become a motivation, a danger or a conflict for street level heroes. And these common-people supporting characters help in highlighting their flaws and virtues. I mean, unless you want to make your heroes unstoppable, uncaring and always morally right.
    Just looked it up myself. Jason has about 10lbs on Bruce, where Bruce has 2 inches on Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Just looked it up myself. Jason has about 10lbs on Bruce, where Bruce has 2 inches on Jason.
    So how much is that? I am in no position to discuss anything regarding metrics I cannot understand for my life (well, I do know how much is 2 inches). How many kg for cm are those? And is it much for a guy (because I don't know how measuring height versus weight works for men)?

In any case, I would stick to what most artists draw, honestly, because that's what sticks in the long run. And in the art, Jason is often drawn shorter than Bruce, and noticeable lighter (but still heavy. Because Bruce is almost as big as Clark, what's with the heroic canon and all that. But now that I think about it, he's being drawn a bit lighter in recent times, maybe? So maybe they're the same?).
    Last edited by Zaresh; 09-11-2018 at 07:20 PM.

So how much is that? I am in no position to discuss anything regarding metrics I cannot understand for my life. How many kg for cm are those? And is it much for a guy (because I don't know how measuring height versus weight works for men)?

In any case, I would stick to what most artists draw, honestly, because that's what sticks in the long run. And in the art, Jason is often drawn shorter than Bruce, and noticeable lighter (but still heavy. Because Bruce is almost as big as Clark, what's with the heroic canon and all that. But now that I think about it, he's being drawn a bit lighter in recent times, maybe? So maybe they're the same?).
    Jason is about 102 kg and Bruce is about 95kg. For height, 182cm for Jason and Bruce is just short of 188cm.

Average height for men is about 5 feet 9 inches (176cm) and weight is far more variable.
    Last edited by Jackalope89; 09-11-2018 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Jason is about 102 kg and Bruce is about 95kg. For height, 182cm for Jason and Bruce is just short of 188cm.

Average height for men is about 5 feet 9 inches (176cm) and weight is far more variable.
    Huh, funny. That's a noticeable difference.

It has worked for heroes with similar profiles. They kind of stand with a foot on earth, with characters that have very different priorities in their life and see things differently. It also helps in giving something, or someone, who can become a motivation, a danger or a conflict for street level heroes. And these common-people supporting characters help in highlighting their flaws and virtues. I mean, unless you want to make your heroes unstoppable, uncaring and always morally right.
    Yeah. I like how in his Injustice's ending, RH stays out of the conflict and stands for the people instead. And as Jason pointed out in one issue, the fortress with all its tech makes him uncomfortable because he feels like he's taken away from his root and his purpose, which the art heavily implies to be the miserable people of Gotham.

Extraordinary Member

I guess? But honestly, I don't see it. Never, or as I can recall, he has been drawn like that.
    How he is drawn is anyway not that consistent, during the new 52 he was sometimes drawn shorter than Dick and in one case (iirc during the Robin Rises arc) shorter than Tim.

And in lst appearance pre flashpoint (the issue where he was in Blackgate) he was much bulkier than Rocafort drew him.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    How he is drawn is anyway not that consistent, during the new 52 he was sometimes drawn shorter than Dick and in one case (iirc during the Robin Rises arc) shorter than Tim.

And in lst appearance pre flashpoint (the issue where he was in Blackgate) he was much bulkier than Rocafort drew him.
    Redhead Jason in that time was huge. Yeah, he was even bigger than Bruce. You're right.

But usually, when draw with Bruce at his side, he isn't. That's what I meant. I cannot recall many instances in which he was bigger other than those pre-FP and fake Jason from Hush. And atl-universe stuff . At most, he is drawn like Bruce. He was less big (but still big) in UtH, in those brief apparitions in the outsiders and green arrow, in countdown, in BftC and the times he showed up around that time, and I may be remembering wrong, but also post-FP Batman Inc. and that N52 Deathstroke story arc I confess I read out of curiosity but full of shame (because I thiink it was bad, or maybe not really my cup of tea at all). He was big in some issues in B&RE, iirc, but the art in those few issues also drew him like he was 45, so... I think since N52, he has often been more slender than before (at least as far as I recall, again), which fits for a more heroic young image (Apollo type versus Hercules type). Still bigger than any other Robin I guess, and that's funny, because Dick should probably be quite big in his upper body too, now that I think about it. But, eh, not that anyone is going to give it that much of a thought not without reason (because who really cares). I'm thinking about artstyle too, because every artist has their own base boby type when they draw your given heroes.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 09-11-2018 at 11:14 PM. Reason: BARMAAAAN nanananananana BARMAAAAAN

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I wouldn't give too much thought to the weight stuff. Some of this data seems to be old/carried over from Pre-New52 (Back then, Tim Drake was under 60 kg, and no one would assume that now). The huge muscle mass fitted back then because Jason was very territorial. His figure was intimidating and his strength was good for attack and defense on a street fighter level. Now he is also a globetrotter who was trained by assassin monks. He may have lost some pounds but has gained agility. Nowadays, I think Jason and Dick are closer in weight but have different body types (inverted triangle and all that stuff).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I wouldn't give too much thought to the weight stuff. Some of this data seems to be old/carried over from Pre-New52 (Back then, Tim Drake was under 60 kg, and no one would assume that now). The huge muscle mass fitted back then because Jason was very territorial. His figure was intimidating and his strength was good for attack and defense on a street fighter level. Now he is also a globetrotter who was trained by assassin monks. He may have lost some pounds but has gained agility. Nowadays, I think Jason and Dick are closer in weight but have different body types (inverted triangle and all that stuff).
    I think that depends more on the Artist than the continuity.
    Medri's and Soy's drew Jason bulkier than Rocafort, and Woods draws him really bulky.
    Tim's hight also varies a lot in between differnt artists, sometimes he is almost as big as Dick and Jason, sometimes he is really tiny in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Oh my heart!

That Damian is totally my favorite.

Really like this fanart.