Page 814 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 314714764804810811812813814815816817818824864914 ... LastLast
Results 12,196 to 12,210 of 15150
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I wish.
    Or at least obliterate that awful plate, if there is one (which now I realize I don't know if it even exist in the comics).

(Pretty cover btw)
    The good solider? I don't think it's appeared in years. I've never been a fan of the case. In UTH he kept it because "nothing has changed." He's never removed it even with Jason back with the family. Damian doesn't have a case kept up but Jason does? It sends a bad message.

Honestly, it's the fans who are making a big deal of it. The characters have no particular feelings about it nor it has a deeper meaning.

Fantastic Member

We're "making a big deal of it" because in real life it'd be insulting to a kid you thought was dead. In comics Bruce keeps changing the reason he has it up. He told Damian it was to remind himself of his failure while Damian thought it was to honor Jason. If they have to keep changing the reason why bother? And really I've only seen fans comment on this not demanding it be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by EMarie View Post
    The good solider? I don't think it's appeared in years. I've never been a fan of the case. In UTH he kept it because "nothing has changed." He's never removed it even with Jason back with the family. Damian doesn't have a case kept up but Jason does? It sends a bad message.
    Yeah, exactly. Specially for the victim at the case. Honestly, not a fan. I mean, it's there to remind Bruce of his second Robin and how he lost him and all that but, eh... Jason is alive, and there, and with issues regarding him dying; and it just doesn't feel like the right thing to display in a place he is likely to see. Now, if it were just a case for showing all the legacy, because legacy alone (same as why could be other cases, like Dick? There were other cases, right?), I'm fine with it. But not because of Jason dying, because he's not dead anymore and he deserves to go on with a life, and people should remember him as someone whose life continues. It's not like the event should be forgotten; it shouldn't, and it sure needs to be taken into account, be remembered; that Jason died as Robin, that the Joker killed him, etc. But not like that, to me, at least.

It's a very personal opinion.
    But of course, Batman comics are about Batman strugglings, and so it makes sense that such thing would be in display in the cave, a very intimate place for him, even if supposedly it's visited by others.

In a meta level, the case is there to remind us of all of it, but still, when you see it in universe, it's a bit insensitive.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 06-14-2018 at 11:38 AM. Reason: adding a few things

Well, comics aren't "real life". If they were, Batman would have been dead long time ago for the stunts he pull.

I didn't say fans demand for it to be removed (beside, it's only handfull of fans since the majority don't care nor even noticed), I said that fans are making a big deal by making it another reason for angst when the characters don't even care. It's there because it's important part of the cave. Nothing more, nothing less.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Yeah, exactly. Specially for the victim at the case. Honestly, not a fan. I mean, it's there to remind Bruce of his second Robin and how he lost him and all that but, eh... Jason is alive, and there, and with issues regarding him dying; and it just doesn't feel like the right thing to display in a place he is likely to see. Now, if it were just a case for showing all the legacy, because legacy alone (same as why could be other cases, like Dick? There were other cases, right?), I'm fine with it. But not because of Jason dying, because he's not dead anymore and he deserves to go on with a life, and people should remember him as someone whose life continues. It's not like the event should be forgotten; it shouldn't, and it sure needs to be taken into account, be remembered; that Jason died as Robin, that the Joker killed him, etc. But not like that, to me, at least.

It's a very personal opinion.
    But of course, Batman comics are about Batman strugglings, and so it makes sense that such thing would be in display in the cave, a very intimate place for him, even if supposedly it's visited by others.

In a meta level, the case is there to remind us of all of it, but still, when you see it in universe, it's a bit insensitive.
    If you want to take into account recent depictions of the Batcave, there's indeed a legacy display of sorts now. We know for sure Dick's Robin costume is displayed in a similar case as Jason's. Furthermore, there's no plate on it.

I've been told I overthink a lot. But I cannot not overthinking, apparently. Bear with my careness for minute, irrelevant details, please ( I'm not drunk or anything).

Great! Thank you, @Dark_T.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Well, comics aren't "real life". If they were, Batman would have been dead long time ago for the stunts he pull.

I didn't say fans demand for it to be removed (beside, it's only handfull of fans since the majority don't care nor even noticed), I said that fans are making a big deal by making it another reason for angst when the characters don't even care. It's there because it's important part of the cave. Nothing more, nothing less.
    We still see Jason's PTSD so real life still comes into play. Making a big deal out of it for mentioning it in passing when there's only a few of us doing it? We'll mainly stating why we didn't like it and given his PSTD it seems odd.

The reason it hasn't been address is likely because it's part of the cave design. If Jason protested Bruce would either have to take it down or ignore him. Artists are going to still do it anyway.

Some artists make it a legacy set which makes it less of an issue.
    Last edited by EMarie; 06-14-2018 at 11:58 AM.

BANNED

Yeah, the suit is now part of a sequential Robin`s legacy, not necessarily a memorial thing (excluding when it was supposed to be like in Jason and Damian`s case).

The two of them busting throught the cave and over his suit is certainly symbolic and it works.

Fantastic Member

I'm definitely glad I preordered this cover. It's beautiful.

And I don't say comics doesn't resemble real life at all. I'm just saying that particular case you mentioned doesn't have to be a big deal just because it might be offensive in real life.

And you already said it, it's there because it become part of a legacy than Batman keeping it because he can't accept he is alive.

I actually wonder if Jason is going to have a new status quo after this issue. Maybe he will leave Gotham after it?

BANNED

I think that`s likely, at least for awhile.

And you still have the Solitaire thing if it gets addressed at this conclusion at all. And Artemis and the Creeper.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    I think that`s likely, at least for awhile.

And you still have the Solitaire thing if it gets addressed at this conclusion at all. And Artemis and the Creeper.
    Do you think he's involved in the prison experiment?

I'd love an issue with the two of them interacting. I keep wondering if he figured out her connection to Luthor and hounded her.

That's a strong cover. I wonder if the memorial case is an artistic choice or the story really will address Jason's death/resurrection.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 06-14-2018 at 12:38 PM.