Page 825 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 325725775815821822823824825826827828829835875925 ... LastLast
Results 12,361 to 12,375 of 15150
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Yes, he's starting anew but even when Batgirl had to cobble together a new uniform when she started anew in Burnside her costume wasn't just a tee shirt, pants, arm wraps and a hoodie. There was at least basic armoring there. Going out there to fight bad guy who have guns and other assorted weapons with only a crowbar, fists and no armor whatsoever is not a smart thing which is why I'm wondering if he has a death wish. At the very least he's not thinking at all clearly. I thought he was way smarter than that. I also thought he, IDK, might have had a safe house or two still functioning somewhere since he literally had them all over the world at one point in Lobdell's earlier run. It's rather odd wouldn't you say? Without the context it makes literally no sense at all for someone with all the training he has to make a mistake like that.
    I must remind you of the people saying that a leather jacket wouldn't be useful to stop a knife and either Tarrs or Stewart saying it was a moot point because they wouldn't write something like that?

And is not a mistake, the basic idea is taking away all of his toys and connections and scaling him back to full blown vigilante.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiliko View Post
    I sure hope so. He caught Batman and an amazon off guard with that trick, thunderboobs is clearly a superior outfit choice.
    Now that's a word I will love to use.
    I hope he gets back to some kind of armour in the future. I want to get to use a lot that word, really.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I must remind you of the people saying that a leather jacket wouldn't be useful to stop a knife and either Tarrs or Stewart saying it was a moot point because they wouldn't write something like that?

And is not a mistake, the basic idea is taking away all of his toys and connections and scaling him back to full blown vigilante.
    IDK Dark it seems odd that he would have all his toys taken away when he had a bunch of safe houses around the world with costumes and weapons within Lobdell's own run. His safe houses etc in Gotham being unavailable to him makes sense because Gotham is off limits to him right now but from where I'm standing right now this costume makes no sense at all because he should have something better available to him elsewhere. I might feel differently if I find out that say Jason has gone to ground or if all of his safe house are compromised or destroyed somehow or if he's gone undercover in a fight club or something of that sort. You may be privy to some additional information that I simply don't have (and I don't know if you are or not) but until I actually am able to see what the situation is after his fight with Bruce I only have my own thoughts about the costume. Things might change later though. Who knows.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 06-20-2018 at 04:10 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    His new costume appearing to lack even the basic protective armoring of all his previous costumes concerns me a bit. Does this mean in addition to being more violent he also, on some level, has a death wish on top of that? If so then Jason's going to be a in a VERY dark place in this arc.
    It's not a stretch to think that he's out to hurt as well as to get hurt. As you said, him starting anew doesn't negate this idea.

Fantastic Member

I'm optimistic about this upcoming arc.

I could see the reasoning for the costume going a number of ways. Bruce is shutting him down, has discovered a portion of his funds. Jason is lying low in another town trying not to lead Bruce to another account or his safehouses. The Ben Reilly approach: Jason has to come up with something with what he current has as crime waits for no one.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Interestingly Jason had already a similar cheat symbol in injustice 2.

That is interesting. Good catch, Aahz. I've always wondered why NRS thought of that symbol for Jason.

All-New Member

The symbol really looks like a fox.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    It's not a stretch to think that he's out to hurt as well as to get hurt. As you said, him starting anew doesn't negate this idea.
    I could see him doing just that because of whatever happens between him and Bruce that leads to their falling out. They had, after all, gained some measure of trust between them previously so when Jason breaks that trust and losses it I could see him feeling like he deserves some physical pain to go along with the mental pain.

Quote Originally Posted by EMarie View Post
    I'm optimistic about this upcoming arc.

I could see the reasoning for the costume going a number of ways. Bruce is shutting him down, has discovered a portion of his funds. Jason is lying low in another town trying not to lead Bruce to another account or his safehouses. The Ben Reilly approach: Jason has to come up with something with what he current has as crime waits for no one.
    Oh, I can see loads of reasons for the costume as well but at the moment we've no explanation for it or why it seems to be less armored than previous costumes were. Without that little detail its seems on the surface to be a not well thought out choice on Jason's part and a bit of a stupid one as well if he's planning on facing the same type of people he normally would. That's just my opinion. With an explanation I might still feel its a stupid costume choice but at least then I'd have a reason for the decision that would presumably make the whole thing make sense to me.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 06-20-2018 at 04:44 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Mauriciofq View Post
    The symbol really looks like a fox.
    Zaresh ruined me. Now I don't want it to be anything else.

All-New Member

Really fits with his name.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mauriciofq View Post
    Really fits with his name.
    Ironic if you think about it. Bruce lost his parents after seeing Zorro in Crime Alley then years later he meets Jason Todd there.

BWAHAHAHAHA!!
    Just as planned.

*Cue another evil laugh.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 06-20-2018 at 07:02 PM.

Can't wait to see more fanarts of this costume.

https://twitter.com/gothamtwinks

BANNED