Page 827 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 327727777817823824825826827828829830831837877927 ... LastLast
Results 12,391 to 12,405 of 15150

Quote Originally Posted by Ssstammerer View Post
    Hi. I'm just new here. I just want to share my Jason Todd collection. Still missing 10 more collectibles and obviously a lot of statues. Lol.

Holy cow!!! I'm actually jealous. Awesome collection. Update us after you got Funko Red Hood yeah?

And big welcome, mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Ssstammerer View Post
    Hi. I'm just new here. I just want to share my Jason Todd collection. Still missing 10 more collectibles and obviously a lot of statues. Lol.

Wow! That's a lot!
    And Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Holy cow!!! I'm actually jealous. Awesome collection. Update us after you got Funko Red Hood yeah?

And big welcome, mate!
    Thanks! I started collecting Jason Todds since mid 2016. I might have the Funko Pop Red Hood next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Wow! That's a lot!
    And Welcome.
    Thanks, mate. Still hunting for the others.

Educational for all of you artists here, and a very personal story that I appreciate Winn sharing with us.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Issue 26 makes me curious - and a little bit scared. This new story direction will be either really good or really bad. I'm so torn.
    I wanted a solo adventure for Jason since New52 - on the other hand the current "dark trinity" with Bizarro and Artemis is so surprisingly well-fitting.
    I love a dark atmosphere - on the other hand it was nice to see some happy Jason in Rebirth.
    I like seeing Jason travel the world - on the other hand I liked Ma Gunn's place. I had the tiny little hope that Ma Gunn would reopen her school and Jason would help out. It would have been nice to see Jason interact with street kids (and maybe introducing them to the joy of literature)
    And especially this stupid crowbar. THE crowbar. Where does it even come from? Birthday present from the Joker? Or did Batman have it stored somewhere?
    It's such a strange weapon. I wonder if this is just some eyecatcher for the cover or if Jason will really hurt somebody with it. It's not really a killing weapon but more a weapon for torture (and property damage).
    That makes me also wonder if Jason is going back to killing or not. As said, a crowbar in general is not a good choice to kill somebody. And I could imagine that Jason's point of view adjusted a little bit since he read Willis' letters.
    Before reading the letters Jason would have probably said that Willis was a guy who deserved to be killed and that he would have been happy if somebody had killed him sooner. But if Jason would now still say the same?

https://twitter.com/syusyusyu1515

Damian and his monkey broke Jason's basket. Jason is given a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Issue 26 makes me curious - and a little bit scared. This new story direction will be either really good or really bad. I'm so torn.
    I wanted a solo adventure for Jason since New52 - on the other hand the current "dark trinity" with Bizarro and Artemis is so surprisingly well-fitting.
    I love a dark atmosphere - on the other hand it was nice to see some happy Jason in Rebirth.
    I like seeing Jason travel the world - on the other hand I liked Ma Gunn's place. I had the tiny little hope that Ma Gunn would reopen her school and Jason would help out. It would have been nice to see Jason interact with street kids (and maybe introducing them to the joy of literature)
    And especially this stupid crowbar. THE crowbar. Where does it even come from? Birthday present from the Joker? Or did Batman have it stored somewhere?
    It's such a strange weapon. I wonder if this is just some eyecatcher for the cover or if Jason will really hurt somebody with it. It's not really a killing weapon but more a weapon for torture (and property damage).
    That makes me also wonder if Jason is going back to killing or not. As said, a crowbar in general is not a good choice to kill somebody. And I could imagine that Jason's point of view adjusted a little bit since he read Willis' letters.
    Before reading the letters Jason would have probably said that Willis was a guy who deserved to be killed and that he would have been happy if somebody had killed him sooner. But if Jason would now still say the same?
    I don't know man. Firstly, I don't believe that Lobdell will just suddenly go bad because of a changed direction, much less a direction that was hinted at and prepared for for a long time. But I've always like the risks that Lobdell's taken with the character and until I see otherwise, I'll continue to trust him.

As for Jason killing, he's never promised to not kill outside of Gotham. All that stopped him so far was editorial, but the thought was still there. Now he's out of Gotham and editorial wants him darker so we'll more likely see him do it. While he might shift a bit left or right on the morality spectrum, it's not going to be a complete reversal or anything.

Would old Jason think Willis deserve to be killed though? It's a bit different than saying he was happy to hear Willis died in prison.

Fantastic Member

I feel the same way but I trust Lobdell. If this was any other writer I'd be worried but he's developed and built up Jason more than any writer at this point.

If it is the crowbar Snyder did a story when Dick was Batman where it was being auctioned off and stole it. Once home he didn't want to see it anymore and told Alfred to throw it away. Whether Alfred did or not was never shown.

Jason was fine with Willis being dead but I don't know if he felt Willis deserved it the same way Joker deserves to die in his eyes. As far as we know Willis was just a low level henchman. We haven't heard about him doing anything awfully beyond selling drugs and being a horrible dad and husband.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EMarie View Post
    I feel the same way but I trust Lobdell. If this was any other writer I'd be worried but he's developed and built up Jason more than any writer at this point.
    If ti was another writer Jason would only be defined by rage and who wants that again?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Educational for all of you artists here, and a very personal story that I appreciate Winn sharing with us.

Nice. I love watching videos like this one.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 06-23-2018 at 02:09 PM.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    If ti was another writer Jason would only be defined by rage and who wants that again?
    That's part of my problem with this direction actually. Lobdell will likely at least write it well and it will fit in with the build up he's been doing for the character. Other writers though likely will only see that he's back to raging and killing and they will start writing him as a lunatic, unrepentant killer again. They won't bother trying to be nuanced about things nor will they care about the reasons why he's acting that way. I know people have complained about how he's been portrayed by other writers in the recent past but I think we may all be wishing for those portrayals again once writers start doing that.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 06-23-2018 at 03:19 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Fantastic Member

Do other writers usually bother tying into anything Lobdell does? In general Jason plots don't seemed to be picked up. Take that time Tomasi did the bit with Bruce bringing Jason to his death site. Not long after the Barman/Superman Annual happened with Bruce picking Jason to fight with him. No other title really cared.

I don't see this take in RHATO being a permanent thing.

Do other writers usually bother tying into anything Lobdell does? In general Jason plots don't seemed to be picked up. Take that time Tomasi did the bit with Bruce bringing Jason to his death site. Not long after the Barman/Superman Annual happened with Bruce picking Jason to fight with him. No other title really cared.

I would say it only gets tied with some writers, and mostly in non-first line books. With exceptions. But I'm not entirely sure.

So the preview for Mother Panic: Gotham A.D. #4 is out, and there's one page with our lovely-but-not-so-lovely boy: http://www.freaksugar.com/exclusive-...-gotham-a-d-4/
    Last edited by Zaresh; 06-23-2018 at 04:38 PM. Reason: I deleted that page because well, I guess they were spoilers

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Maybe not directly tie to it but whatever happens on Jason's main book gets mirrored on other appearances like Jason having Medri's costume during DCYOU