Page 948 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 448848898938944945946947948949950951952958998 ... LastLast
Results 14,206 to 14,220 of 15150
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Yeah I saw a few replies from him, though I can't tell if he is being totally serious about the stories brilliance or probably just tooting Johns horn when he was claiming that 'I've never been interested in Jason Todd.....Until this story. Geoffs idea is going to make people a fan of his'.

Jason has a had a pretty crazy career so far, has gone from one end of the heroic spectrum to the next, hero, villian, antihero. What on Earth could Johns have to say or add that could change someones perspective if none of these roads already haven't I wonder? Lol
    I also wonder what that "idea" will be. But Jason Fabok's art alone is reason enough for me to buy the comic. Look at the hair. It's THERE.
    It's kinda hilarious that Jason, Dick and Slade get a buzzcut almost at the same time. Is this some DC insider joke? When did the joke start? With Batwoman after shooting Clayface? James Gordon as Batman? Gotham Girl? Arkham Knight Tim Drake? Batman #666 Damian Wayne?

And who will be next? Barbara Gordon? (Barbara always seems to have the same hairstyle. In the meantime Dick Grayson, Jason Todd and Tim Drake have had a lot of styles through the years.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I also wonder what that "idea" will be. But Jason Fabok's art alone is reason enough for me to buy the comic. Look at the hair. It's THERE.
    It's kinda hilarious that Jason, Dick and Slade get a buzzcut almost at the same time. Is this some DC insider joke? When did the joke start? With Batwoman after shooting Clayface? James Gordon as Batman? Gotham Girl? Arkham Knight Tim Drake? Batman #666 Damian Wayne?

And who will be next? Barbara Gordon? (Barbara always seems to have the same hairstyle. In the meantime Dick Grayson, Jason Todd and Tim Drake have had a lot of styles through the years.)
    Starfire got nearly a buzzcut in the Elseworlds comic a little while ago.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Link to Fabok's comments?

There's nothing on his Twitter, Instagram or FB accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Aha it's interesting because such strong words coming from him, and then he gave us... this.
    At least we will have some nice leg artwork to see. And probably a perfectly beautifully drawn masculine face with perfectly defined jaw and high cheekbones. I hope he draws fleckles too, for the sake of putting some colourful detail that makes him stand a bit from other manly brawny heroes. And no cleft chin; give that trait to Tim, it makes for some cute contrast with his usually soft-y childish features.

I'm such a weirdo sometimes. This is me trying to picture how they could give each Robin some more subtle facial features. Without no one asking. Welp...

Back to the design, I like the jacket. I don't like how it clashes with the rest, but I like the jacket. If he were to wear the costume without it, I guess I would like... if he were by other name. The upper half is good: I like the vest-like tunic-like upper half. But it just doesn't go with those boots. It feels like a ninja-oriented costume, for some tactical stealth mission, to be honest.

Edit: Oh, the hair, too. It's there indeed! I like that too, as much as I like him with bangs too.

What were those titbits from the Titans series, @G-Pots?
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-19-2018 at 10:16 AM.

Oh, I was just happy with what Rise said about Titans writer and the Jason actor liking the character. Sorry I worded it vaguely.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Oh, I was just happy with what Rise said about Titans writer and the Jason actor liking the character. Sorry I worded it vaguely.
    Nah, it was my fault for not reading right the post in its context :_D. I did a "Portal", as my friends often point when I connect two imposible to connect points and make up my own story just because I didn't get the original intent of some text.

Speaking of Titans, I liked the first episode. It gave me hopes for the writing of the characters. Maybe they will feel a bit OoC for some fans for a little while, but you can feel that the writers have a clear intent of making them grow out of their flaws and problems. That's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Speaking of Titans, I liked the first episode. It gave me hopes for the writing of the characters. Maybe they will feel a bit OoC for some fans for a little while, but you can feel that the writers have a clear intent of making them grow out of their flaws and problems. That's good.
    That's good to hear. I get the feeling from interviews, but still good to hear it rings true in the real thing. I'm gonna watch from Netflix so it will be a while yet.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Was Jason Todd with freckles ever canon or is this purely fandom?
    Because I regularly see fanfics popping up that give Jason freckles.
    I know that fandom sometimes uses one-time details, like Dick calling Jason "Little Wing" or Artemis and "Little One". Or Jason liking bread (the source of that "preference" is rather sad). Or collecting books (Was that even Jason or was that Alfred and Bruce?).

I know that fandom sometimes uses one-time details, like Dick calling Jason "Little Wing" or Artemis and "Little One". Or Jason liking bread (the source of that "preference" is rather sad). Or collecting books (Was that even Jason or was that Alfred and Bruce?).
    I think the collecting first edition books was established in the UtRH comic when Alfred mentions that him Bruce and Jason used to like reading a lot.

Sorry byrd, but sometimes I have the feeling that you can be a very annoying fellow who actively aims at "getting a rise out of people". So far I'm still waiting to see a comment by you about Jason that makes me believe that you really like the character (in your preferred incarnation). So far I'd rather guess that you want Jason as a villain so that another character - Dick Grayson, who is obviously more beloved by you, can "shine brighter" and has his own "Joker". Just liking a character for the sake of another character is not liking the first character at all. In this thread you basically wrote months ago that you like old Jason because he stood by his own moral code, being his own man, yada, yada, but in other threads I've seen comments by you declaring the same Jason a crazy psychopath. How does this fit together?
    Annoying fellow? Lol. I don't post on here to get a rise out of anyone, I post to give my opinions. I'll jump into a thread and post my opinion even if it's in the minority. Am I just supposed to keep quiet and go away?

I don't want Jason as a villain to Dick, Dick and Jason never really interacted that much before the reboot outside of Morrison and Battle for the Cowl and him being a villain for him makes no sense. Jason is Bruce's biggest failure. Bruce didn't save him and that's tragic, UTH was the one of the few stories that actually got me interested in Jason. I read almost all his history before A Death in the Family which I love. I think it's important for a superhero universe to have consequences and important historical moments, especially one that has been around as long as DC has. Jason's death, Barry's death, IC (I hate that story but it's still important to the overall history), the rest of CoIE, etc. Stories/moments like these help world build and give foundations to be used for future stories.

Undoing things like this limits those foundations unless a unique twist is given to it. Jason coming back after the Bat-family has evolved and grown to a certain point just feels like adding another member that is just there because he was there first instead of earning a spot. Jason was also only around for 5 years before he died. That's not a lot of time to build a fully formed character which is where I think a lot of people feel like Jason was wronged. I think a lot of Jason fans are like Terra fans, they wanted more from the character after they died. Granted Terra was meant to die and Jason was decided on by fans. I really do get it but he died and should've stayed dead. It was a historic moment for Bruce and had plenty of story potential that was used well in following the effects of Jason's death.

As for your last part, you can stick to a code and stick be crazy as hell. Bruce is absolutely insane by real world logic but has an unwavering dedication to his mission and beliefs. To me Jason as an Anti-Hero feels like a generic 90s action hero with a chip on his shoulder. He runs around and shoots people while making jokes. (I don't want to get into his friendship with Roy because that's a whole other problem I have but back to my main point.) Like I said undoing deaths or important moments are wasteful and limiting unless there is a twist to them. Jason coming back as a villain for Batman, the greatest failure comes back to haunt him and can hurt him worse than any other villain every could. He would be Hush turned up to 11 or a reverse Darth Vader and Luke dynamic. When Jason returned he literally killed and decapitated 8 people and became a crime boss, that is just him getting started but now all of a sudden he's just welcomed back with open arms to characters he has only ever tried to kill. It just asks too much to ignore and UTH is still part of the canon and there is no way Bruce would accept him back. This is fundamentally my biggest issue, if Jason is accepted back it makes Bruce look like a hypocritical idiot and if Jason is around Gotham he promises not kill which makes him look like a hypocritical idiot. There is no winning unless you just ignore everything that he did which is just stupid to me. Being a villain doesn't just relegate Jason to just appearing in one book while fans just hope and pray the writer uses him. Look at Deathstroke's recent run, it's highly praised and I think is still selling well. (I haven't checked in awhile so I'm not sure.)

But anyway like I said this is just how I personally feel. I like him as an almost reverse Batman who takes his mission and twists into his own. Still running around doing his own thing all the while being in conflict with Bruce but not shackled to him.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I fast looked at old stuff and I would say that no, he didn't have fleckles, not as a strawberry blond, neither as a black haired kid. But to be fair, it probably was hard at the time, giving him such detail in the drawing for printing-process related issues. I looked a bit at The Cult too, which has more detailed art, and he didn't have them in there either. But the feature has to come from somewhere, and I doubt it comes from him being a redhead at some point. Not every redhead has freckles, nor all people with freckles has fair hair (my father, for example, has freckles and he had very black hair. Ok, I admit he did have some thin red streaks, but rarely; but he had such a wonderful black hair when he was young. Hair is weird).

I think the reading stuff is actually from his time as Robin (the liking for reading, not the first edition thing). But probably as a way to show he was a smart kid, which is a common Robin trait. They all are smart.

(Damn, Jason is such a badass in The Cult. I need to buy this in proper paper)
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-19-2018 at 11:36 AM.

I'm pretty sure the "freckles" is fanon.

Jason liking books is canon and was seen in comics both when he was Robin and now as Red Hood.

Where did him liking bread come from, though?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    (Damn, Jason is such a badass in The Cult. I need to buy this in proper paper)
    It was one of his finest moments as Robin.

One of my favourite moments was when he slapped Batman to make him chill and this.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    I'm pretty sure the "freckles" is fanon.

Jason liking books is canon and was seen in comics both when he was Robin and now as Red Hood.

Where did him liking bread come from, though?
    Freckles are indeed fanon, as it is the thing with the bread. That comes from the Annual telling how he came back from the dead, where at some point he's acting out of instinct in Gotham's slums and breaks in a bakery to steal some loaves of bread.