Page 582 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 82482532572578579580581582583584585586592632682 ... LastLast
Results 8,716 to 8,730 of 15150

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    I voted for Jason. Thanks.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Spectacular Member

Why is it?
    teammates who have a wider fan base! the first RHATO had great characters and the problem was tynion.

I know it's impossible to bring the old team but they could bring more popular characters than an Amazon that almost nobody knows (Cassie would be better if you want a WW character) and a character like B-0 (I prefer Kon-El)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kalethas31 View Post
    teammates who have a wider fan base! the first RHATO had great characters and the problem was tynion.

I know it's impossible to bring the old team but they could bring more popular characters than an Amazon that almost nobody knows (Cassie would be better if you want a WW character) and a character like B-0 (I prefer Kon-El)
    No idea why you'd bring up a nothing (although likable) character like B-0 when discussing characters with large fanbases so I'm just gonna ignore that.

And no, sorry, but you can't just stick characters into places where they don't belong. Bizarro and Artemis fit the team. Kon and Cassie (when properly written) are straight-up heroes. Having them become murderous anti-heroes would be just as stupid as when Lobdell did it with Roy, and continue their very long streak of being written OOC. Hell, if Lobdell is writing, we already know how awful he is at writing those characters.

Plus, you know, they've kinda got their own circle of friends, and it'd just be silly if Jason went from stealing Dick's friends to having his own friends to stealing Tim's friends.
    Last edited by Assam; 11-13-2017 at 09:41 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kalethas31 View Post

Cassie and Kon-El are associated with Tim. People already complained that Jason "stole" Dick's friends with Roy and Kori. Artemis was actually Wonder Woman and like Bizarro fits the anti-hero theme better than a lot of Wonder or Super related characters. Bizarro has been around the longest and is pretty well known. If their connections were played up better in other titles (Wonder Woman, Action Comics, etc.) it would be more ideal.

Spectacular Member

As others have said, I don't think it's true what you said about toxicity. But I had that same idea about a group who hate each other but are forced to stick together the moment I saw that fanart of Red Hood/Deathstroke and one other guy I forgot his name. Imagine a situation where Jason has to work with mercenary/killers and at the same time has to sabotage their effort in killing every mark they come across. Or a group where they have to work together for the time being, but with a clear understanding that at the end, it will be them fighting each other.
    Now Deathstroke is not a mercenary/killers as he was, if you follow his Rebirth series by Priest. He is leading and mentoring some next generation heroes & heroines including his kids and other kids with government funding. He decided to make amends to his family, and with his new found beliefs, to make the world a better place. (And for a brief moment he even mentioned Justice League). Well it won't last long for sure, but it's still a interesting story.

Those fanart is not out of nowhere. Jason and Deathstroke did fight in comic, and they did work together for a while to assemble the Arkham Army and plot the military attack in Gotham in Arkham Knight Game story. I like the comic a lot, thanks to Soy's art. However, the actual game plot was really bad for Jason. And what rocksteady did to Deathstroke in the game was utterly unforgivable...... Besides fanart, I think there is also a large overlap of the fanbase between Red Hood and Deathstroke, especially among gamers. They are both popular in fighting games. (BTW, I just voted for Jason through FB!)

Quote Originally Posted by SpentShrimp View Post
    I'm hoping they eventually give Christopher Priest a shot at writing Jason.
    I remember that when the news of Priest moving to Justice League came out, some people in that thread mentioned that he's not very interested in Batfam stories. I don't know if it's really true though

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

The way I read this scene is not how Jason doesn't see Bruce as his father anymore but rather how he thinks because of what he did in the past was too severe for Bruce to love him the way he did when Jason was Robin. It's a turnaround from hating Bruce for disappointing him to thinking he doesn't deserve love for disappointing Bruce. But the want is still there. It's in the way he says the line. It's in the way Black Mask commented on Jason. And I think Lobdell has said somewhere that the relationship is a work-in-progress. It will be on and off, but they are getting there.
    That is exactly what that scene was meant to convey.

Nice!

The way I read this scene is not how Jason doesn't see Bruce as his father anymore but rather how he thinks because of what he did in the past was too severe for Bruce to love him the way he did when Jason was Robin. It's a turnaround from hating Bruce for disappointing him to thinking he doesn't deserve love for disappointing Bruce. But the want is still there. It's in the way he says the line. It's in the way Black Mask commented on Jason. And I think Lobdell has said somewhere that the relationship is a work-in-progress. It will be on and off, but they are getting there.
    What a strange way to analyse this scene.

The whole thing thing was quite simple and clear. He didn't say Bruce doesn't see me as family, he said whatever left it's not family, NOT FOR HIM. Notice how he was talking about his feeling, not how Bruce might have felt. He was opening up to Artemis about his true feelings.

Besides, you guys do realize that he can still have a bond with him without necessary see him as a father? Him not thinking of him as a one doesn't mean that he doesn't care about him anymore.
    Last edited by Rise; 11-14-2017 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by magpieM View Post
    I remember that when the news of Priest moving to Justice League came out, some people in that thread mentioned that he's not very interested in Batfam stories. I don't know if it's really true though
    Kind of? He think Dick is bland (which finally someone stated it) and doesn't seem to like the concept of kid heroes/sidekicks when he talked about Damian in his first interviews about Deathstroke, but he seems interested in Batman.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    What a strange way to analyse this scene.

The whole thing thing was quite simple and clear. He didn't say Bruce doesn't see me as family, he said whatever left it's not family, NOT FOR HIM. Notice how he was talking about his feeling, not how Bruce might have felt. He was opening up to Artemis about his true feelings.

Besides, you guys do realize that he can still have a bond with him without necessary see him as a father? Him not thinking of him as a one doesn't mean that he doesn't care about him anymore.
    Ah I see the problem. You're taking everything at face value when Jason has been consistently depicted as an unreliable narrator. And one that has serious self worth issues to boot. Jason will always see Bruce as a father whether you like it or not, and the moments where this is made clear just through the last six years far, far overweight the moments where Jason ties to argue otherwise.

The best example of this is the second annual of the first Volume of RHATO, where we are given a peek of Jason's psyche via a psychic alien

You do know that the whole issue wasn't even serious and just cute thing story (Jason's psyche inculde....a murdering Santa Claus)?

It's not matter of me liking it or not (why the heck you feel so strongly about it, anyway? And stop assuming things about me and treating me like an idiot), it's what I take from the writing. He wasn't narrating in that sence about some event, he was opening up about what he actually felt to Artemis.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Kind of? He think Dick is bland (which finally someone stated it) and doesn't seem to like the concept of kid heroes/sidekicks when he talked about Damian in his first interviews about Deathstroke, but he seems interested in Batman.
    He requested to use Damian for his Defiance but he was declined because Damian was over exposed. His posts on his site also seems to indicate the opposite as does the fact that he has Wally 14 and a sidekick on Defiance.

Voted Red Hood my son mains him and is quite fond of him so I know he get a kick out of adding INJ2 Red Hood to his collection.
    Last edited by Fergus; 11-14-2017 at 01:59 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    He requested to use Damian for his Defiance but he was declined because Damian was over exposed.
    They would have to pull Damian out of Teen Titans for that, and since he is the main character in that book ...

BANNED

They say there's a story behind every image

brown coat.jpg

I'm assuming that for this, Cass watched Firefly and so decided to steal Jason's brown 'coat'.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    They say there's a story behind every image

brown coat.jpg

I'm assuming that for this, Cass watched Firefly and so decided to steal Jason's brown 'coat'.
    Oh god that's some adorable art. Any chance you still have the link to the artists site?