Page 870 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 370770820860866867868869870871872873874880920970 ... LastLast
Results 13,036 to 13,050 of 15150
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    After their stint in prison? Nah, I don't really want Batwoman in this title again. And personally I'm not terribly fond of her character either.
    I'm not mad at Batwoman for the prison-thing. Bizarro was a good manipulator and provoker. Throwing the outlaws in a high-security prison - probably so that Batman can deal with the problem when he is back - doesn't sound that bad of an idea. It's not Batwoman's fault that Bizarro then persuaded Waller to use the Outlaws for a Suicide Squad mission.

And I liked the relationship of Batwoman and Jason in the alternate universe of Bombshells.

The New52 run of Red Hood and the Outlaws was my first DC comic I read - and I wasn't really fond of Roy (and Starfire) back then (that's different now). But Roy and Jason had/have definitely a genuine friendship. Come on, Roy attacked Jason with a flamethrower while showering and Jason was cool with it. A truer friendship doesn't exist.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thebluefeline View Post
    yay! Thanks for letting us know

Btw, anyone think that the person Jason last expected to see again from the 27 solicit might be Bruce? I know it would be a little bit too soon maybe but it would be really nice to see them reconcile if Bruce tries to find him after he ditches Gotham. It's mentioned in the solicit that Jason ends up donning the Red Hood gear again so maybe Bruce gave it back to him and gave him permission to come back to Gotham.

Willis Todd would be really neat to see also.
    At the moment I doubt very seriously that Jason even wants to see Bruce let alone interact with him so I don't think its him. It would be great if it were someone in the family though so we could at least get some idea of how the rest of the family feels about this situation. I'm not hopeful that other writers are going to do anything more with this then having a passing mention of it if that so Lobdell may very well be on his own with regard to it.

I think it might actually be Willis that shows up. He is, after all, the last person Jason would be expecting to see since he believes that his dad is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    But maybe it's another member of the family. Batwoman would be cool.
    Er no. I like the character mind you but she did ship the Outlaws off to Waller and frankly if she were to show up I think Jason would believe that she's only there to send him back there on Bruce's orders regardless of her real reason.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    I was talking to a few people on Tumblr and they were pretty much telling me that the Jason and Roy friendship didn't seem genuine to them because everytime they appeared alongside each other Roy was basically there to serve the other. I wanted to know how you guys may feel about it.
    Honestly I found his friendship with Roy genuine and organically built over the course of the first RHATO series. There are a lot of people out there that complain about stuff that they've never actually read and who merely parrot what others who claim to have read something say because "hating on such and such" is the kewl thing to do on social media. I'd go back and read the original RHATO N52 run and Red Hood/Arsenal and form your own opinion based on having actually read the material involved and not by just listening to what other people say.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Denis Medri, former artist of Red Hood/Arsenal posted these designs for western RH and Arsenal.

western_red_hood_and_arsenal___2015_by_denism79-dcjqkq1.jpg

https://www.deviantart.com/denism79/...2015-758746729

Lobdell suggested the idea for a possible project but unfortunately, it stayed at that. A pity, because I like the design and I think it would've been cool to see a story/series with the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Denis Medri, former artist of Red Hood/Arsenal posted these designs for western RH and Arsenal.

Lobdell suggested the idea for a possible project but unfortunately, it stayed at that. A pity, because I like the design and I think it would've been cool to see a story/series with the concept.
    I actually like those designs and I would have loved to see that story. I think it could have been a really fun series. Thanks for sharing that Dark.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

That would have been a pretty cool pitch, the design translates to wild west surprisingly well.

That looks hella cool. Jason and Roy could have had all the fun adventures had Lobdell been given free reign.

@kiwi: I'm drawing Jason's pet penguin as we speak. You should too.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiliko View Post
    That would have been a pretty cool pitch, the design translates to wild west surprisingly well.
    And the background for each character too. If you think about it, what we could have had with the original team is:
    - The wayward son of a vigilante, which is not much different than The Zorro, but mixed up with the Shadow. It works in a western setting.
    - An archer, ex-alcoholic misfit with american native ancestors.
    - A foreign warrior princess that easily could've been indian or chineese or something exhotic at the time.
    - Outlaws in the wild wild west, taking justice by their hand.
    - Probably some mystic stuff thrown there in the mixt.

It reads as a really old pulp novel, and that's cool.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-10-2018 at 09:43 AM.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I would definitely have liked to read a western-style story with Jason and Roy. The Joker design looks good. It's a shame that Lobdell never mentioned in his first RHaTO and RH/A run that Arsenal was adopted into a Navajo tribe as a kid (At least I don't remember). That's an interesting background information I would have liked to have back then.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    So a source shared a bit of something. They were replying to a comment about Bruce and Penguin.

spoilers:
    Look, if Jason really wanted Penguin dead, he’d do it where it looked like an accident and Bruce wouldn’t know at all. (Uhhhhhspoilersbedamnbed) Bruce is in one hell of a ride and his actions will show in other titles when characters decide to help or to leave Batman “hanging ”. Jason on the other hand (and Roy) I’m gonna love the annual but the feels in that. …and it’s been building up with Roy too. And for Art and Biz….just get ready for some…(spoilers be damned) …for some reason. A dark tide has come. I even worry for what’s gonna happen to Batgirl with how much craps gonna come. And with Damian “bs” and Tim living the “norm ” life (another bs mind you) Dick and Alfred are gonna ….yeah…anyways I’m just waiting for someone on the team to put Bruce back in his place
    end of spoilers

And another.

spoilers:
    It was beautiful. Another story knocked out of the park and I can’t wait for more. And as for family ties….a soul will be torn by blood and love. Just what family will win Jason’s…..(all I can say is Bruce done fd up)
    end of spoilers

When I first read the spoilers I didn't give them much attention because of the lack of concreteness. But reading the first sentence and going back to issue 25 when Jason says "We gonna do this again, old man?" I wonder now. What does "again" refer to? Their last fight was in the Rebirth issue of RHatO. Back then Jason faked an assassination on the mayor (live on TV?). So does the "again" just refer to their fight or to Bruce not realizing that Jason is fooling everyone. On the other hand I don't see a reason for Jason why he should do something similar in the Penguin case.

Do we already know the guy who hired Solomon Grundy in issue 12? It could have been Solitary because of the grey suit. But the guy in issue 12 has a (bullet?) hole in his jacket what I've never seen on Solitary.

I also wonder if Willis could be the mastermind behind the henchmen app. In issue 20 Bizarro noted that the henchmen using the app looked "desperate". And that reminds me of Willis who also was desperate back then. It could be his way of helping people out who are in a similar position as he was so that they don't get betrayed by their bosses.

Jason is in Injustice vs He-Man and the Masters Of The Universe. You can see him in the preview:

Injustice He-man universe Jason Todd Red Hood.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    It was a quick but nice cameo.

Injustice meets He-Man 2 preview
    https://www.newsarama.com/41313-he-m...dreams.html#s3

Assuming this Batman is Damian which I guess is indeed the case. Still he's too bulky imo. Jason is also in it.
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-10-2018 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    And the background for each character too. If you think about it, what we could have had with the original team is:
    - The wayward son of a vigilante, which is not much different than The Zorro, but mixed up with the Shadow. It works in a western setting.
    - An archer, ex-alcoholic misfit with american native ancestors.
    - A foreign warrior princess that easily could've been indian or chineese or something exhotic at the time.
    - Outlaws in the wild wild west, taking justice by their hand.
    - Probably some mystic stuff thrown there in the mixt.

It reads as a really old pulp novel, and that's cool.
    I would have really liked to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Jason is in Injustice vs He-Man and the Masters Of The Universe. You can see him in the preview:

Injustice He-man universe Jason Todd Red Hood.jpg
    Thanks for sharing! Good to know he's still his quippy self.

Totally off topic, but I love how I keep putting unneeded characters in my words when I'm sleepy. I do the same in Spanish as well. Heh...

So it seems that, these days, DC is giving us a lot of Jason in more mineline books. Something is happening, guys. I read out there that Jason detinitely is the focus of one of the three Joker issues by Johns, even if he may not be depicted in the brightest light. Apparently, some of the stories will show how they healed good and how they healed bad. And I would be surprised if Jason is on the good list.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Totally off topic, but I love how I keep putting unneeded characters in my words when I'm sleepy. I do the same in Spanish as well. Heh...

So it seems that, these days, DC is giving us a lot of Jason in more mineline books. Something is happening, guys. I read out there that Jason detinitely is the focus of one of the three Joker issues by Johns, even if he may not be depicted in the brightest light. Apparently, some of the stories will show how they healed good and how they healed bad. And I would be surprised if Jason is on the good list.
    Jason can go either way but Bruce needs to be on the bad list for real.

Yasmine Putri

Aaa can't wait for the finished product.