Page 688 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 188588638678684685686687688689690691692698738788 ... LastLast
Results 10,306 to 10,320 of 15150

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    It bothers me more than they haven`t pushed Jason in the Cinematic universe yet because tat would be easy money and would actually detract from any Batman lowpoints to contrast with.
    On the other hand though, maybe it's best that DC finds their footing in the cinematic universe first before bringing him in.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    On the other hand though, maybe it's best that DC finds their footing in the cinematic universe first before bringing him in.
    There is hint to that the defaced Robin costume that obviously belongs to Jason. Whether he will be resurrected though is debatable. But if he is he might be like the Winter Soldier or they could just adapt Under the Hood.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 02-12-2018 at 08:33 AM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    There is hint to that the defaced Robin costume that obviously belong to Jason. Whether he will be resurrected though is debatable. But if he he might be like the Winter Soldier or they could just adapt Under the Hood.
    Back when BvS was still in the work, there was already rumors that Red Hood was a priority character for WB. Of course things have changed quite a lot with the lackluster receptions for most of their movies as well as Ben Affleck calling quits. DC really needs to have a stable output before they can confidently adapt Under the Hood because making Red Hood like the Winter Soldier is just a recipe for disaster.

Back when BvS was still in the work, there was already rumors that Red Hood was a priority character for WB. Of course things have changed quite a lot with the lackluster receptions for most of their movies as well as Ben Affleck calling quits. DC really needs to have a stable output before they can confidently adapt Under the Hood because making Red Hood like the Winter Soldier is just a recipe for disaster.
    Ben Affleck is seriously quitting but isn't he contracted to do the Batman film? That's true and also one of the bigger challenges of adapting Under the Hood is that it was pretty violent story and to win big Warner Bros will have to make it marketable for the general audience.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

They've had found their footing already with Snyder's films but now that they decided to give the keys to Whedon is when everything went belly up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    They've had found their footing already with Snyder's films but now that they decided to give the keys to Whedon is when everything went belly up.
    I didn't even bother with JL. With Snyder though, his works are pretty divisive and WB probably doesn't want any more risks.

Ben Affleck is seriously quitting but isn't he contracted to do the Batman film? That's true and also one of the bigger challenges of adapting Under the Hood is that it was pretty violent story and to win big Warner Bros will have to make it marketable for the general audience.
    Well I just checked, lastest news is that ‘Ben Affleck is STILL Batman, but will NOT fully commit’.

BANNED

WB getting their heads on the right track would require them admitting that rushing what they perceive as the Marvel Formula in just two movies to have been a gigantic mistake from the ground up.

Sorry to say but I don`t believe they would come to that. Not only is too much money burned into the investiment already but the excs are too damn stubburn to conceed that they lack what Marvel got. They are actually so adamantly into selling their vision and have it won over critics that they keep pushing the MOS formula for the praise that they believe never came in detritment of actual Hits that they just had with Wonder Woman. Te reward? She plays babysitter and together with the whole League looks amazingly innefective against the CGI beard. Talking about Justice League and execution...

Guaranteed that the best hits of the current cinematic wave and mostly praised will be the ones WB doesn`t really believe or see it coming. Like Wonder Woman or possibly Aquaman. Or you know, a Under The Red Hood focusing mostly on Jason`s character, struggle and philosophy so Batfleck doesn`t have to try getting the whole spothlight despite the reception level at this point and the issue of the actor`s commitment.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 02-12-2018 at 09:15 AM.

I think the risk is also that it has to live up to the animated movie. And for general audience, I guess there will be some kneejerks reaction that this is just DC's version of Winter Soldier if WB doesn't market it right.

Well I just checked, lastest news is that ‘Ben Affleck is STILL Batman, but will NOT fully commit’.
    Hmm so he is still Batman but he not so enthusiastic about the role? It figures because of the ridiculous amount of executive meddling and Joss Whedon trying to put his stamp on the DCEU who would want to continue on this road?

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Guaranteed that the best hits of the current cinematic wave and mostly praised will be the ones WB doesn`t really believe or see it coming.
    I actually feel this as well. For UTRH though, I guess they will have to get The Batman out first and see how it goes.

I think the risk is also that it has to live up to the animated movie. And for general audience, I guess there will be some kneejerks reaction that this is just DC's version of Winter Soldier if WB doesn't market it right.
    Under the Red Hood was considered the superior version of Under the Hood even by the guy who wrote the comic. Maybe if they do not turn Black Mask into some Hydra copy and just try to straight up adapt it but cut out some of the gorier elements they could have a more original film.

Hmm so he is still Batman but he not so enthusiastic about the role? It figures because of the ridiculous amount of executive meddling and Joss Whedon trying to put his stamp on the DCEU who would want to continue on this road?
    That said, the rumor that Matt Reeves is helming a Batman solo movie and sources say that he has his eye on Gyllenhaal for the Caped Crusader over Affleck is pretty recent as well.

BANNED

Under the Red Hood was considered the superior version of Under the Hood even by the guy who wrote the comic. Maybe if they do not turn Black Mask into some Hydra copy and just try to straight up adapt it but cut out some of the gorier elements they could have a more original film.
    Well, the whole plotline for the animated was written by Winnick still. I`m thinking the better steamline comes from ditching the elements of whatever crossover event was going on and truly it made for better self contained reading.

If the rumour is true then the DCEU is in an even bigger state of anarchy than ever. Still one must wonder even though according to Dark_Tzitzimine if they had just stuck with Zack Snyder's vision they would be better off but for many it was Zack Snyder's vision that made every snowball in the first especially with Man of Steel.