Page 689 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 189589639679685686687688689690691692693699739789 ... LastLast
Results 10,321 to 10,335 of 15150
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Well, the whole plotline for the animated was written by Winnick still. I`m thinking the better steamline comes from ditching the elements of whatever crossover event was going on and truly it made for better self contained reading.
    Under the Red Hood was already it''s own self-contained story though. Maybe they should adapt that one instead of Under the Hood.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Hmm so he is still Batman but he not so enthusiastic about the role? It figures because of the ridiculous amount of executive meddling and Joss Whedon trying to put his stamp on the DCEU who would want to continue on this road?
    Im guessing the commitment has more to do Afleck turning his role more In the writting department. At least by some of the rumors floating online these past 2 years.

Seeing as the Joker's origin movie is being developed... I don't care for Joker but if it introduces the original Red Hood(s) to the audience, then it could only be a good thing right?

BANNED

Under the Red Hood was already it''s own self-contained story though. Maybe they should adapt that one instead of Under the Hood.
    The Under The Red Hood arc on Batman had elements from the Infinite Crisis crossover going on at the time, linking Jason's return with Superboy Whine time punch.

It just reads better without none of those elements In the story (or even the ending with Jay dropping a nuclear on Haven) to detract from It. They added nothing of value and mistery surrounding the return sells much better.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 02-12-2018 at 09:24 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Seeing as the Joker's origin movie is being developed... I don't care for Joker but if it introduces the original Red Hood(s) to the audience, then it could only be a good thing right?
    If done right, yeah but this is WB we're talking about xD

The Comic had elements from the Infinite Crisis crossover going on at the time, linking Jason's return with Superboy Whine time punch.

It just reads better without none of those elements In the story (or even the ending with Jay dropping a nuclear on Haven) to detract from It. They added nothing of value and mistery surrounding the return sells much better.
    Wait he nuked Bludhaven? Wasn't it the Society?

If done right, yeah but this is WB we're talking about xD
    I'm of the mindset that if what's there is already bad, there's no way to go but up.

The Under The Red Hood arc on Batman had elements from the Infinite Crisis crossover going on at the time, linking Jason's return with Superboy Whine time punch.

That one was just straight up crazy no wonder Under the Red Hood was more well liked. Like i said instead of adhering to Under the Hood and all it's other unsavoury elements that it was tied up with maybe they should use Under the Red Hood as the source material.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

105. Red Hood and the Outlaws #18 (DC) - 21,385 [97]

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    105. Red Hood and the Outlaws #18 (DC) - 21,385 [97]
    Is the dropoff bigger or same as ususal?

Extraordinary Member

Is the dropoff bigger or same as ususal?
    The drop it self seems quite usual, but the numbers are getting uncomfortably close to 20K.

But it seems that in general the sales boost DC got out of rebirth is gone.

Btw. that RHatO dropped out had again more to do with the Annuals, #1 issues and Event Books that were published than with the drop of the sales.

Spectacular Member

I think so, too. UTRH was a very tightly packed story. It's so intensive and emotional that an adapt story similar with it would make people feel repeat.

Arkham Knight provided an alternative scenario in which Jason didn't die in the first place. But his reveal wasn't a "surprise" at all to many gamers. The comic story associated with the game was good. But in the actual gameplay he was made too whinny and in the end, the tank battles & Joker stole all the attention.

It seems that Jason did not die and will show more in future White Knight issues. That could be a newer version. And if the 'Batman' in Injustice 2 is Jason Todd, then we'll potentially have a 4th version...

Spectacular Member

Joker plays a huge role in Jason's story. If there is going to be a movie about Red Hood origin, I think a very impressive and well-presented Joker is crucial.

Quote Originally Posted by magpieM View Post
    I think so, too. UTRH was a very tightly packed story. It's so intensive and emotional that an adapt story similar with it would make people feel repeat.
    Yeah adapting Jason without repeating what has been done before is going to be a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    The drop it self seems quite usual, but the numbers are getting uncomfortably close to 20K.

But it seems that in general the sales boost DC got out of rebirth is gone.

Btw. that RHatO dropped out had again more to do with the Annuals, #1 issues and Event Books that were published than with the drop of the sales.
    Some boost from DC would be nice. They did for Supergirl and I assume Deathstroke too with the Batman involvement. I hope RHATO wont suffer worse treatment just because it doesn't have a tv series or a movie.