Page 874 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 374774824864870871872873874875876877878884924974 ... LastLast
Results 13,096 to 13,110 of 15150
  1. #13096
    Astonishing Member G-Potion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    3,629

    Default






  2. #13097
    Astonishing Member G-Potion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    3,629

    Default




  3. #13098
    Astonishing Member G-Potion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    3,629

    Default

    Got this done just in time for Jason's birthday. New costume is really fun to draw. There's still more btw, stay tuned.

    Last edited by G-Potion; 08-16-2018 at 10:50 AM.

  4. #13099
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Got this done just in time for Jason's birthday. New costume is really fun to draw. There's still more btw, stay tuned.

    This is brilliant. Your art makes the new costume look much better than the official art.

  5. #13100
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    2,687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Got this done just in time for Jason's birthday. New costume is really fun to draw. There's still more btw, stay tuned.

    Awesome. Good job, @G-Pots :3.
    Always changing; ever the same.

    This is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

  6. #13101
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    2,687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    https://twitter.com/Eskimosheep

    My little prince of Gotham

    This one is really good too. Wow. And I didn't get to draw anithing, crap. I just arrive home too tired for drawing and painting anything. Two more weeks and I'll be a jobless teacher with a lot of time to spare again.
    Always changing; ever the same.

    This is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

  7. #13102
    Astonishing Member G-Potion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    3,629

    Default

    Why would you be a jobless teacher when school starts in two weeks?

  8. #13103
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    2,687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Why would you be a jobless teacher when school starts in two weeks?
    Long story short-ish.

    Because I'm really not a teacher now, just an outdoors and hobbies instructor for kids, which is a summer job, honestly. I'm an actual Geography, History and Arts History teacher, for teens. But that work, here, is mostly civil service, and in order to access to a post there, I have to past 2 different tests (that in fact are 3), tests that are called maybe each two or three years, and allow you the access to an on-hold list of hundreds of people for the same post. There's also private high schools (most of them managed by the Church or other religious groups), but if you want to work there, you need to already know people in there who know you (and I don't know anybody yet), or being the perfect candidate (which I know I'm not). Tough luck, but things are like that for many.

    Now then, there's still hope. This business I'm currently working for, offers different curses and activities in school time for kids, teens and even adults, I think. And they told me that there's not a lot of people who can teach my, er, my unofficial trade: drawing comic and manga, or teach easy how to. So maybe not the whole year, but I may end up finding sporadic jobs. Meanwhile, I'll prepare myself for the next tests, and for the tests for accessing librarian posts, too (because I'm also a librarian, with my degree and all the jazz), which is also mostly public service.

    And... that was a hell of an offtopic. My apologies
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-16-2018 at 01:22 PM.
    Always changing; ever the same.

    This is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

  9. #13104
    Incredible Member kaimaciel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Got this done just in time for Jason's birthday. New costume is really fun to draw. There's still more btw, stay tuned.

    It's awesome, G! Good job!

  10. #13105
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Because I'm really not a teacher now, just an outdoors and hobbies instructor for kids, which is a summer job, honestly. I'm an actual Geography, History and Arts History teacher, for teens. But that work, here, is mostly civil service, and in order to access to a post there, I have to past 2 different tests (that in fact are 3), tests that are called maybe each two or three years, and allow you the access to an on-hold list of hundreds of people for the same post. There's also private high schools (most of them managed by the Church or other religious groups), but if you want to work there, you need to already know people in there who know you (and I don't know anybody yet), or being the perfect candidate (which I know I'm not). Tough luck, but things are like that for many.
    Seems wired, where I live they have such a lack of teachers, they are already hiring that don't really have the qualification and let them basically learn them while they are allready teaching kids.

  11. #13106
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,533

    Default

    In case somebody doesn't know but would be interested into buying some post-crisis Robin Jason stories: Soon (21st August 2018) "Batman: The Caped Crusader Vol. 1" will be released. The volume contains Batman #417-425 and #430-431 and Batman Annual #12. #417-425 are from the Robin Jason run ("A Death in the family" was #426-429). The trade neatly fits in as follow-up to "Batman: Second Chances" (BATMAN #402-403, #408-416 and BATMAN ANNUAL #11) which introduces Jason in post-crisis.

    https://www.dccomics.com/graphic-nov...crusader-vol-1

    Does anybody know if there are Batman trades available at the moment that cover Jason's pre-crisis run?

  12. #13107
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    2,687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Seems wired, where I live they have such a lack of teachers, they are already hiring that don't really have the qualification and let them basically learn them while they are allready teaching kids.
    Here, it's oversaturated. There's a real unemployment problem, despite things getting better now. And teaching is a good way out for many graduates like myself who cannot access to other kind of medium profile job post. There's also the matter about how many less children are born each year, an aspect that affects how many schools and high schools are open nowadays. And for the last 10 years, the Government hardly called for open posts because our economic crisis: many teachers retired and their posts weren't filled up by someone new. That means the lists are huge for more general subjects like Spanish, English, History, Biology, etc. Some other subjects, like Maths or Chemistry and Physics, with a lot less graduates acceding to them, are less saturated. And vocational training is less saturated too. Or you can apply for posts in places like the isles (the ones that are far from the peninsula), or towns in the less populated areas; but you need to travel there in most cases for a lot of paperwork, and not many can or are interested in such a disconnection from their families (you would be starting from scratch in there: and that requires a certain mindset). I'm on the "can't" group, and also carry with myself other problems. But even I have been looking for jobs outside my place or even my country (but realistically, that's out of my reach for different reasons). I know people that ended up finding their job as teachers in Canada, for example. So despite everything I just said, looking outside is not uncommon either.

    Lots of very educated people to choose from and be picky about when you have to select your employees.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-16-2018 at 02:29 PM.
    Always changing; ever the same.

    This is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

  13. #13108
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    In the Shadows
    Posts
    6,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    In case somebody doesn't know but would be interested into buying some post-crisis Robin Jason stories: Soon (21st August 2018) "Batman: The Caped Crusader Vol. 1" will be released. The volume contains Batman #417-425 and #430-431 and Batman Annual #12. #417-425 are from the Robin Jason run ("A Death in the family" was #426-429). The trade neatly fits in as follow-up to "Batman: Second Chances" (BATMAN #402-403, #408-416 and BATMAN ANNUAL #11) which introduces Jason in post-crisis.

    https://www.dccomics.com/graphic-nov...crusader-vol-1

    Does anybody know if there are Batman trades available at the moment that cover Jason's pre-crisis run?
    Thanks for the info. I was wondering if they would bother collecting anything else from Jason's Post-crisis Robin era. I've already pre-ordered it on Amazon.

    As for your question as far as I know they haven't bothered to collect his pre-crisis stories. I've had to read those on Comixology instead because believe it or not its very hard to find ANY issues featuring Jason Todd as Robin, which is odd considering how much hate there was/is for him as Robin. It took me years to find the handful that I managed to be lucky enough to find.

    @G: Loved the artwork there and you do manage to make that costume actually look good to me as well so thanks for that.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

    Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

    Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

    When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

  14. #13109
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,792

    Default

    Cover._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

    And JayRoy shippers go wild.

  15. #13110
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    As for your question as far as I know they haven't bothered to collect his pre-crisis stories. I've had to read those on Comixology instead because believe it or not its very hard to find ANY issues featuring Jason Todd as Robin, which is odd considering how much hate there was/is for him as Robin. It took me years to find the handful that I managed to be lucky enough to find.
    That's a shame. I like pre-crisis and post-crisis Jason. Although a blonde Jason seems so strange (and I don't get why people say that he was a redhead). Pre-crisis Bruce was different too. He was more of a father figure. It's funny that pre-crisis Jason ran away too at some point and Bruce had to legally fight for custody of Jason. THAT Bruce could have won the father of the year award.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •