Page 980 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 480880930970976977978979980981982983984990 ... LastLast
Results 14,686 to 14,700 of 15150
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Ah, Uncle Jay. So well meaning, but I don't think Dick will like it too much.

DC's version of a deathnote.

Although my favorite Jason Todd and Mar'i Grayson fanart is still this one (same artist): (Source)

Jay would make a great uncle!

And would be the shotgun uncle in place of Dick. lol

I'm really enjoying Titans so far, I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I appreciate the show for what it is. So far the gems of the show have been Beast Boy with his Doom Patrol episode and Jason in the recent one. The actors for both are extremely good for their respective characters so that already makes whatever scenes these two characters have very enjoyable for me.

As for Jason's character, I thought it was endearing how he bounced off of Dick's character and really liked the chemistry between them. It's very rare to see them interact in the comics so I really enjoyed the dilemmas between them about Bruce. Robin!Jason is a ball of energy and it shows in the scenes he shows up in very quickly. His whole appearance is meant to have Dick question whether Batman was a bad influence on him and whether he still wants to be Robin or not and it worked pretty well.

There's a certain scene that's meant to portray Jason as a troubled teen that might be a little bit polarizing in terms of characterization but I think that scene is meant to portray so many ideas about his character at once. Rule-breaking, vengeful, resentful towards his own upbringing and towards Dick's attitude about Robin and Batman. I liked that they didn't go with the easy route of just calling and making him a ball of rage like they sometimes do in the comics. It feels more nuanced and understandable here and it doesn't try to portray him in a bad light. He paints some very broad strokes in terms of who decides to beat up but that's the kind of teenage thinking every person probably has had at some point where the lines are black and white. A lot of people start to realize there's a middle ground as they get older and more mature. If they go on with Jason's character in this show I wouldn't mind seeing an arc for that. Would be really neat

Quote Originally Posted by thebluefeline View Post

(...)

There's a certain scene that's meant to portray Jason as a troubled teen that might be a little bit polarizing in terms of characterization but I think that scene is meant to portray so many ideas about his character at once. Rule-breaking, vengeful, resentful towards his own upbringing and towards Dick's attitude about Robin and Batman. I liked that they didn't go with the easy route of just calling and making him a ball of rage like they sometimes do in the comics. It feels more nuanced and understandable here and it doesn't try to portray him in a bad light. He paints some very broad strokes in terms of who decides to beat up but that's the kind of teenage thinking every person probably has had at some point where the lines are black and white. A lot of people start to realize there's a middle ground as they get older and more mature. If they go on with Jason's character in this show I wouldn't mind seeing an arc for that. Would be really neat
    That's my hope, that they make him grow out of that teenager phase. Out of the all black and white phase, but also, because he really, really was too much of a brat for my tastes. You can see he is actually very straightforward with what he thinks, and that he's enthusiastic and has a somewhat friendly predisposition towards strangers (not as much as Gar, but, eh, hard to compete. He's pretty jerkish towards people who he doesn't like. A very Jason thing to do, too). But still, he's just bratty sometimes, more bratty than playful (he was playful with Dick a lot, and that's good and in character; not so much when he seemed arrogant). I disliked that pub scene where he was clearly provoking that guy just because. Yeah, that was my main problem, I think. He's mature enough to be conscious of his place and role beside Batman, way more aware of himself that Dick is. But then he pulls that, and too many smug faces. I get it, it's a very Jason thing to do. But too much of it and he comes across as a douche. And then, that line about doing whatever he wants because he's Robin... But then, who can blame him for thinking like that? Look at what the others do, what Dick does (and he's a cop!), what Bruce probably does: it's understable. And he's soo, soo angry at the world.

I liked the episode, I liked Jason overall. As I said, I wish we could have a better version of him, but alas! With the show as it is, it's really understable what we get. But I would love an arc for him in which he matures to the Jason we know. I love and appreciate good character development. It's why I loved Theon as a character in the "A Song of Ice and Fire" books (it isn't so good in the show, but still, it kind of is still there): because his development is so well worked.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 11-18-2018 at 10:35 PM. Reason: adding stuff

There has been more talk and attention regarding the Jason episode than any Titans episode so far, and I wouldn't be surprised if DC/WB look at that and might decide to do a Robin show following Jason for their streaming service if they plan on introducing Batman eventually. If the numbers for the episode are significantly better than most of their other episodes that is something people look at and can influence future projects. Which would eventually lead into a Red Hood series possibly.
    Last edited by Badou; 11-18-2018 at 10:23 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    That's my hope, that they make him grow out of that teenager phase. Out of the all black and white phase, but also, because he really, really was too much of a brat for my tastes. You can see he is actually very straightforward with what he thinks, and that he's enthusiastic and has a somewhat friendly predisposition towards strangers (not as much as Gar, but, eh, hard to compete. He's pretty jerkish towards people who he doesn't like. A very Jason thing to do, too). But still, he's just bratty sometimes, more bratty than playful (he was playful with Dick a lot, and that's good and in character; not so much when he seemed arrogant). I disliked that pub scene where he was clearly provoking that guy just because. Yeah, that was my main problem, I think. He's mature enough to be conscious of his place and role beside Batman, way more aware of himself that Dick is. But then he pulls that, and too many smug faces. I get it, it's a very Jason thing to do. But too much of it and he comes across as a douche. And then, that line about doing whatever he wants because he's Robin... But then, who can blame him for thinking like that? Look at what the others do, what Dick does (and he's a cop!), what Bruce probably does: it's understable. And he's soo, soo angry at the world.

I liked the episode, I liked Jason overall. As I said, I wish we could have a better version of him, but alas! With the show as it is, it's really understable what we get. But I would love an arc for him in which he matures to the Jason we know. I love and appreciate good character development. It's why I loved Theon as a character in the "A Song of Ice and Fire" books (it isn't so good in the show, but still, it kind of is still there): because his development is so well worked.
    I really liked Jason's appearance in the show--thrilled to see him. The more appearances Jason makes in various forms of media, the better for the character. Curran had great chemistry with Brenton, too. I didn't think Jason was douchey; all this Bat-stuff is new to him and it's a kick, for now. For Jason, too, this may be the first time any adult has ever shown him any kindness--let alone a chance to make something for himself; I think the show really highlighted a big difference between him and Dick: Jason didn't grow up in a loving family environment. I hope they show that this life isn't what he's really looking for.

Some fanart from 2016 I found while waiting for the TT #24 preview (still waiting). I love the atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Some fanart from 2016 I found while waiting for the TT #24 preview (still waiting). I love the atmosphere.

Beautiful. Pretty colour choice and ligthing play.

Some outlaws fanarts by shoucolate:

Source: Drunk nails painting session with Jason and Arty.

Source: Jay introducing Artemis and Kory to Pokemon Go.
    Bonus : Roy trying to make B. catch a jigglypuff.

Nice! I like the whole composition, mood and colors.

Harley wants to connect, but Jason ain't having none of that.

And with the line that Jason used earlier, that Harley was actually his therapist at one point, kind of makes you wonder if Lobdell will touch on that down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Harley wants to connect, but Jason ain't having none of that.

And with the line that Jason used earlier, that Harley was actually his therapist at one point, kind of makes you wonder if Lobdell will touch on that down the line.
    What exactly did Jason say? Do you mean the "I ... had a few sessions with her." line?

What exactly did Jason say? Do you mean the "I ... had a few sessions with her." line?
    Yeah, that line.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

RED HOOD: OUTLAW #31

written by SCOTT LOBDELL
    art and cover by PETE WOODS
    variant cover by MATTEO SCALERA
    Red Hood and Arsenal began this investigation of the Underlife together in Beijing, and this is where it ends: in an abandoned prison in Mexico. With Roy Harper having passed, Jason Todd finds himself teamed with an ally he couldn’t have imagined—Wingman! (But wait—wasn’t Jason the face beneath Wingman’s mask in BATMAN INCORPORATED?!) When it is all over, Red Hood arrives at a conclusion that will shake the streets of Gotham City…forever?

TEEN TITANS #27

written by ADAM GLASS
    art by BERNARD CHANG
    cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI and CAM SMITH
    variant cover by ALEX GARNER
    Every Teen Titan has a secret—and they all come spilling out here! As Djinn helps Robin recover from his injuries after a brutal showdown with Red Hood, she tells him all about her dark past, revealing some unsettling truths about herself. Meanwhile, Red Arrow helps Crush find a new sense of purpose, and Roundhouse reveals the tragic story of how he got his powers!

sounds like Jason hurts Damian pretty badly in their fight
    Last edited by Arsenal; 11-19-2018 at 03:15 PM.

Really happy to see Scalera back. Loved the variants he made for the first arc.

And it's look like issue 30 and 31 are going to be really interesting.