Quote Originally Posted by SpentShrimp View Post
Like I mentioned elsewhere; he doesn't have to be the Punisher. There's a lot of untapped potential there as far as a solo series goes. It's fun to see him work with a team and build new relationships, but at the same time it would be nice to have a series that can solely focus on Jason and his own adventures.
I think it is very important for Jason to have a team that he is a steady part of since he never got the chance to have his own Teen Titans group like the other Robins and he's pretty much been a loner since his return. His being able to have that now was a good step for them to have taken because it allowed for him to think outside of himself for awhile, which was I think was an important step for the character. It allowed him a way to look at things from a fresh perspective and think about things instead of just constantly reacting to them. That's what I feel anyway.

There absolutely is a lot of untapped potential in a solo series with the right writer though. I agree with that and I'd be all for that so long as the writer they find is able to build their stories on the foundation that others have already built. I want to see the character continue to progress and not regress. I want to see nuanced stories that add even more depth to the character and his world. I want to see how he would do working on his own now that he's worked with others in a team. I think that a well written solo and the current team book could really compliment each other if handled right and make Jason an even stronger character overall. It might even lead to other writers handling the character better during guest appearances. (Yeah, I know the last is a pipe dream at best but a guy can dream can't he?)