Page 940 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 440840890930936937938939940941942943944950990 ... LastLast
Results 14,086 to 14,100 of 15150

Combined that with recently good digital sales as well. Looks like DC's direction for RHATO is working. Or at least it makes people curious enough to try it out. I'm hopeful.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Oof

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Source
    the countdown to final crisis trio

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Source
    the countdown to final crisis trio
    You know, for someone infamous for dying, being hot-headed, reckless, shoot first, jump next, and forgets to ask questions, Jason has otherwise stayed alive pretty well through some pretty big events.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    You know, for someone infamous for dying, being hot-headed, reckless, shoot first, jump next, and forgets to ask questions, Jason has otherwise stayed alive pretty well through some pretty big events.
    Hmm...

That's not really Jason, in my opinion. Yes, he has anger management issues and is quite moody, but he rarely is any of those things. He takes risks a lot, but often calculated, even if... well, almost suicidal. But you could really say the same about Tim or Dick, actually. Remember that Jason is almost as good strategist and tactician as Bruce (something a lot of people tends to forget). He is explosive when he breaks, but he rarely breaks; he only breaks when his feelings get the best of him. His violence is blunt, brutal and fast, which is why you may think he's trigger happy; but he has a disturbing calm and cold feel to his violence, and he always asks what he needs before shooting or cause deadly violence. He is mouthy, but he often is so because he wants to point out something no one wants to hear or he wants to provoke someone (which is something Robins are trained to be, even if Jason is a natural). Jason is very smart and very introspective, no matter how some part of the fandom wants to make a classic red oni trope out of him.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-14-2018 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Hmm...

That's not really Jason, in my opinion. Yes, he has anger management issues and is quite moody, but he rarely is any of those things. He takes risks a lot, but often calculated, even if... well, almost suicidal. But you could really say the same about Tim or Dick, actually. Remember that Jason is almost as good strategist and tactician as Bruce (something a lot of people tends to forget). He is explosive when he breaks, but he rarely breaks; he only breaks when his feelings get the best of him. His violence is blunt, brutal and fast, which is why you may think he's trigger happy; but he has a disturbing calm and cold feel to his violence, and he always asks what he needs before shooting or cause deadly violence. He is mouthy, but he often is so because he wants to point out something no one wants to hear or he wants to provoke someone (which is something Robins are trained to be, even if Jason is a natural). Jason is very smart and very introspective, no matter how some part of the fandom wants to make a classic red oni trope out of him.
    It's usually sites like tumblr that like to turn him into a classic red oni trope, but the less said about that place the better lol

Hmm...

Babs disagrees.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Babs disagrees.

[here goes a big picture]
    Er...

Just for the record, I'm not arguing, not seriously. I know it's a joke.
    BUT.
    Just for the sake of having some fun discussion.
    I think irresponsible isn't the same as reckless.

I'm not a native speaker, but I would think that irresponsible means that he doesn't make himself responsible of his actions, or that he indulges himself in actions that could cause problems to others. And Jason sometimes does that. Sometimes. Some others he feels responsible for things that are not his fault. He's human.

Reckless, on the other hand, means that he engages into action without thinking about the consequences, without taking into account the risks and its consequences. He rarely does that, I think. He takes a lot of risks, but knowing what that risk implies, and what harm could cause.

He's only reckless when he is driven by his emotions. Which is something that happens sometimes. Fewer times. Like it has happened with Penguin a few issues ago. But take on what he did to the underlife bad guys in issue 26. That was definitely not reckless; he even calculated the timing for the big bad to get into that car in time for Jason to see him blow up. That means planification and calculating risks. Same as most of the stuff he pulled out in Under the Hood, actually.

Or at least, that's how I see it. But as I said, I'm not a native speaker, and sure I have my own version of Jason on my head that is very subjective (welp).
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-15-2018 at 01:40 PM.

Astonishing Member

As most characters on comics, I guess it depends of the writers and their interpretation of the character.

Maybe other writers interpret his behavior as impulsive or reckless, it can depends on opinions.

That said, maybe the reputation that Jason is impulsive and reckless originate because he has issues related to rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    As most characters on comics, I guess it depends of the writers and their interpretation of the character.

Maybe other writers interpret his behavior as impulsive or reckless, it can depends on opinions.

That said, maybe the reputation that Jason is impulsive and reckless originate because he has issues related to rage.
    Nah, I still think it's because people tend to fit him as a pretty straighforward trope, the red oni, what with him being loud, wearing red and using blunt violence in his figthing and being emotional driven. It's not only the rage. Bruce has anger issues as well and they don't paint him as reckless, rather the conctrary.

Add that trope to the neccesity of having to draw him in a few thrown lines when he's a supporting character (that often means you have to cut a character to basic traits, unless you are a very subtle writer) and you get reckless, angry bird Jason who may or may not be a psychopath who likes to joke.

It's understable, I guess; but that shouldn't be how people see him in stories that tell him more insight. I still wonder what we will get in the three Jokers' story. Seeley, who has Jason as his least favourite main Robin I think, acchieved a middle way to my tastes: he got a pretty decent picture of how I understand the character, but it was still a flawed take (he was still a bit to impulsive and mouthy in my opinion). But as you said, a lot of how I see the character has a lot to do with how writers see him. And I definitively see him as how Winnick and Lobdell writing made me see Jason, intentionally or not. A lot, too depends on the reader, he he.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-14-2018 at 11:01 PM.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

The preview to Teen Titans #23 is out. http://www.comicosity.com/exclusive-...een-titans-23/
    Jason is nowhere to be seen. But I'm still hoping he'll appear in the issue.
    The first two pages remind me of Jason shooting Penguin.

Extraordinary Member

That's not really Jason, in my opinion. Yes, he has anger management issues and is quite moody, but he rarely is any of those things. He takes risks a lot, but often calculated, even if... well, almost suicidal. But you could really say the same about Tim or Dick, actually.
    The thing is that there are a lot of modern stories about Dicks time as Robin where he is reckless and disobedient. And if I look at the amnesic version in the last issue, he seems more reckless than Jason ever was.

Btw. when I look at Jason's own book, Jason seems often to have quite well informed (I mean he is at the momenta apparently even providing Intel for Damian) and seems usually at least to have some preparation.
    Last edited by Aahz; 10-15-2018 at 01:23 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

RED HOOD: OUTLAW #30
    written by SCOTT LOBDELL
    art and cover by PETE WOODS
    variant cover by PHILIP TAN
    Will the Red Hood’s latest campaign be his last? Jason’s hot on the heels of the drugs he and Arsenal recently tracked to Beijing, but instead of finally encountering the mysterious Solitary, he finds himself face to face with a figure from his past. Plus, who’s the new Wingman, and why’s he tracking the Red Hood? And how can he and Jason be in the same place at the same time? Find out in “Outlaw” part five!
    ON SALE 01.16.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES

TEEN TITANS ANNUAL #1
    written by ADAM GLASS
    art by RYAN BENJAMIN
    cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI and CAM SMITH
    Betrayed by the Red Hood, Damian hunts down Jason Todd and vows vengeance—or death! Meanwhile, Djinn and the rest of the Titans battle one of the Other’s closest allies—Joy Stick! (Making his DCU debut from the Teen Titans Go! universe.) But when Control Freak learns all of Djinn’s most dangerous secrets, Djinn will do anything to keep the Teen Titans from finding out the truth!