Page 871 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 371771821861867868869870871872873874875881921971 ... LastLast
Results 13,051 to 13,065 of 15150
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Totally off topic, but I love how I keep putting unneeded characters in my words when I'm sleepy. I do the same in Spanish as well. Heh...

So it seems that, these days, DC is giving us a lot of Jason in more mineline books. Something is happening, guys. I read out there that Jason detinitely is the focus of one of the three Joker issues by Johns, even if he may not be depicted in the brightest light. Apparently, some of the stories will show how they healed good and how they healed bad. And I would be surprised if Jason is on the good list.
    If the most recent 4chan rumor is true, Jason will definitely be the focus of a big story in the future...but not in the way any of us would want.

EDIT: Hey, the forum is finally working. Nice.
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 08-11-2018 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    If the most recent 4chan rumor is true, Jason will definitely be the focus of a big story in the future...but not in the way any of us would want.

EDIT: Hey, the forum is finally working. Nice.
    I can't access 4chan atm so gotta ask, how bad is it?

Hmmm.... That could be pretty to look at. I mean, besides knowing that he's a pretty good actor that could pull it. I mean...

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    I can't access 4chan atm so gotta ask, how bad is it?
    I'm guessing he's talking about these.

https://boards.fireden.net/co/thread...935/#102266352

Not buying them, at all. Doesn't make sense with what they're building right now. And specially with all that's in the air about how Bendis is not the star he seemed to be sales wise (which, true being told, is not easy to buy too) and how people is unfalling in love with wha's he's pulling. Not to mention giving him ruling powers over such a portion of how the DCU works, not only the Supes portion of it.

I must point out I dislike Bendis for a bunch of reasons (mostly because how he writes). But with my head cold and all that, from a rational POV, it doesn't fit for me. And those rumours I was talking about are way older than Bendis changing companies.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-11-2018 at 02:43 AM.

Bendis better stay away from my boy.

Yasmine Putri

Aaa can't wait for the finished product.
    Can't wait for it either. Her work so far has been great.

Totally off topic, but I love how I keep putting unneeded characters in my words when I'm sleepy. I do the same in Spanish as well. Heh...

So it seems that, these days, DC is giving us a lot of Jason in more mineline books. Something is happening, guys. I read out there that Jason detinitely is the focus of one of the three Joker issues by Johns, even if he may not be depicted in the brightest light. Apparently, some of the stories will show how they healed good and how they healed bad. And I would be surprised if Jason is on the good list.
    Johns has the chance to do something no one else has done yet. Have Jason and Bruce talk about what the joker has done.

DITF has affected them both very deeply and they are still not over it. It has a potential to be a really emotional and personal story if Johns handle it well.

BANNED

I'm guessing he's talking about these.

https://boards.fireden.net/co/thread...935/#102266352

Not buying them, at all. Doesn't make sense with what they're building right now. And specially with all that's in the air about how Bendis is not the star he seemed to be sales wise (which, true being told, is not easy to buy too) and how people is unfalling in love with wha's he's pulling. Not to mention giving him ruling powers over such a portion of how the DCU works, not only the Supes portion of it.

I must point out I dislike Bendis for a bunch of reasons (mostly because how he writes). But with my head cold and all that, from a rational POV, it doesn't fit for me. And those rumours I was talking about are way older than Bendis changing companies.
    Uh oh. The Leviathan vs Checkmate thing is legit true and it'll also involve Spyral. These are part of Bendis' plans for Action Comics next year. Now you're all thinking just what does Jason and a bunch of Batman related concepts doing in a Superman book right? This is Bendis, he doesn't give a crap about continuity, mythology or staying inside normal limits and you can bet DC will give him power to do whatever he wants. Take his Superman book as an example, he's revealed his pet Rogol to be behind Kryptons destruction and he's linked it all with Tamaran, Green Lanterns etc. I'm seriously worried here, sure Jason will show up in multple books but between this rumor, Mother Panic, Johns comments about not healing right and Jason going brutal we might be seeing the return of late 2000's era Jason. My patience is being stretched thin with DC as it is due to Damian's parentage, Bendis in general , Heroes in Crisis related rumors and the marriage f*ck up. I pray this isn't true.

Spectacular Member

Some dialogs that suggest Jason left Regime side.

Red Hood: Call me the Red Hood.
    Wonder Woman: You're a traitor and a criminal!
    Red Hood: I don't see the downside.

Red Hood: I'm not with the Regime.
    Catwoman: Oh I'm sorry... murderer.
    Red Hood: You walk the grey line too, Selina.

Red Hood: Can't fight crime without cracking a few skulls.
    Cyborg: So why are you fighting me?
    Red Hood: The Regime cracked more than "a few".

Cyborg: Forget which side you're on?
    Red Hood: I'm my own boss now.
    Cyborg: It's time to put you down.

Cyborg: You turned on us, fast enough.
    Red Hood: I go my own way.
    Cyborg: That's a good way to get yourself killed.
    Two words: Black Mask

Mother Panic has nothing to do with anything. The book set in different universe and in completely different imprint where the writer can do whatever they want.

Also, Bendis said that the "Leviathan vs Checkmate" storyline is going to be the second arc of AC (he didn't say it was an event) which will probably start at the same time as The three Jokers story. This alone make it harder to believe that Bendis can use Jason as a "the villain" for an arc or that DC is going to change Jason completely in a book that has nothing to do with him.
    Last edited by Rise; 08-11-2018 at 05:45 AM.

j2ksa

hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    j2ksa

hmmm
    I looked at this, went awed from top to bottom until I saw the pants and realized.... I forgot the darn stripes in my current art. Headesk.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Mother Panic has nothing to do with anything. The book set in different universe and in completely different imprint where the writer can do whatever they want.

Also, Bendis said that the "Leviathan vs Checkmate" storyline is going to be the second arc of AC (he didn't say it was an event) which will probably start at the same time as The three Jokers story. This alone make it harder to believe that Bendis can use Jason as a "the villain" for an arc or that DC is going to change Jason completely in a book that has nothing to do with him.
    The timing honestly doesn't make it plausible. Also Jason as a leader of an organization is a very big leap away from his current characterization, regardless of where he stands with Batman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post

I'm saying that it could be part of a trend, I actually like Mother Panic and because its alternate continuity I'm not bothered but Bendis doesn't care about any continuity and neither does Johns. They can write something that completely contradicts the other and DC would allow it. These guys are beyond regular oversight and these rules dont apply to them. Just think about it, why the heck are Spyral and Leviathan even showing up in a Superman book anyway? also since when was Johns a big enough Batman writer to address TKJ and DITF or alter Joker's origins? but here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Uh oh. The Leviathan vs Checkmate thing is legit true and it'll also involve Spyral. These are part of Bendis' plans for Action Comics next year. Now you're all thinking just what does Jason and a bunch of Batman related concepts doing in a Superman book right? This is Bendis, he doesn't give a crap about continuity, mythology or staying inside normal limits and you can bet DC will give him power to do whatever he wants. Take his Superman book as an example, he's revealed his pet Rogol to be behind Kryptons destruction and he's linked it all with Tamaran, Green Lanterns etc. I'm seriously worried here, sure Jason will show up in multple books but between this rumor, Mother Panic, Johns comments about not healing right and Jason going brutal we might be seeing the return of late 2000's era Jason. My patience is being stretched thin with DC as it is due to Damian's parentage, Bendis in general , Heroes in Crisis related rumors and the marriage f*ck up. I pray this isn't true.
    Eh... Crap.

I guess I'm going to go through a "it doesn't matter, in the end nobody respects Bendis continuity, not even himself" mantra, which is what I did with Moon Knight and Hawkeye when he was involved.

He's a very, very, very flawed writer, from a merely writing style and form point, and I don't like how he writes. I don't like at all. It's not only that he doesn't give the slightest for continuity and previous or even current writers (which is something a lot of writers do). It's that he doesn't know how to write more than two types of characters, doesn't know how to write different voices for those characters, doesn't know how to give actual depth for them, puts too much trust in impact and melodrama, and has unoriginal ideas, and those ideas tend to be very simple, even. And I'm not going to even go into how he doesn't know how to write conclusions and has serious pace issues, because... oh well, I did it in the end, look at that.

I don't like his writing. Yep. I have a hard time getting why there are so many people that like his writing. I hope he doesn't get to put his pen into Jason, honestly.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-11-2018 at 07:31 AM.