Page 722 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 222622672712718719720721722723724725726732772822 ... LastLast
Results 10,816 to 10,830 of 15150

@Zaresh: Reading Two Dead Birds at the moment! Glad you rec'd it because otherwise I would have missed a wonderful piece of fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    @Zaresh: Reading Two Dead Birds at the moment! Glad you rec'd it because otherwise I would have missed a wonderful piece of fanfic.
    Glad you like it .
    I've subscribed to the author because of how much I liked this one, honestly. I'm hoping the next fic is about some fandom I know about.
    I would recommend more, but either they have some (at times shameless) smut, or they're not really that good (or have the gay element that is not going to be the cup for some people). But if I ever cross my path with a fic as good as this one, I'll give you a notice.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 03-08-2018 at 02:38 PM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Glad you like it .
    I've subscribed to the author because of how much I liked this one, honestly. I'm hoping the next fic is about some fandom I know about.
    I would recommend more, but either they have some (at times shameless) smut, or they're not really that good (or have the gay element that is not going to be the cup for some people). But if I ever cross my path with a fic as good as this one, I'll give you a notice.
    I haven't finished yet, but what I love so much aside from the character work is how much Jason plans, and still he mixes it up with impromptu flair as well. I love how crazy and elaborate his schemes are. Wish there were more of that in comics.

Throw your fic rec at me! I'm open for anything as long as it's plotty.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I haven't read that fanfic but Jason totally shows romantic interest and flirts with Donna through the entirety of Countdown. That is in fact one of the points of contention when Kyle joins them. Pre N52 Jason was in fact more prone to flirting, one of the reasons people latched to the idea he was bisexual.
    Im actually on that side as well. He doesnt read or react to attraction as well or as surely as Dick does but lets be plain, he isent that shy. That Sass Fu bumps it up a notch.

Jason seems the sort of guy who is more at ease with the flirting than he is dating, that's where his insecurities tend to shine more.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 03-08-2018 at 04:51 PM.

Default The TL:DR post

I haven't finished yet, but what I love so much aside from the character work is how much Jason plans, and still he mixes it up with impromptu flair as well. I love how crazy and elaborate his schemes are. Wish there were more of that in comics.

Throw your fic rec at me! I'm open for anything as long as it's plotty.
    So you want plot? I've got some plot then!

Keep in mind that, even if I liked them, I don't think they're as good as "Two Dead Birds". Really; that one surprised me. It's a list, but the numbers are not indicative; just the order in which I've remembered them now.

1. Ill Weeds Grow Apace is about to end. It's an Arkhamverse, so there are notable differences. Here we have some over-competent Jason, to the point of being too competent to be credible. But it has plot and fluff and drama and mystery and suspense. It's part of a series of works that share the same verse, but it's the bone of it alongside with the 6th part (which I honestly didn't read yet but plan to). I also liked the totally not action-y and totally irrelevant but fun part 21, which takes the characters and sends them to their holidays and stuff happens. I hope they hook Jason with that WE scientist, but it's ok if nothing romantic happens anyways (not that I'm the romantic type to begin with).
    2. Jason Todd: The Not-So-Outlaw is another one that I liked. Actually, I think that I did see it being mentioned here in this thread like... six months or so ago. It has a weak start (for me) and maybe too much angst, but I honestly enjoyed it until the very end. Especially the part with Jason reforming his apartment and with the kids in the warehouse.
    3. The Many Deaths of Jason Todd was a surprise. I started reading it because the premise got me a bit interested. But ended finding a heavy plot story with a lot of rather oddly-seem elements. Keep in mind that it's totally Tim-centric (but it's a version of Tim that I would honestly read any day). Of course, Jason being the McGuffin, has a central role. It's heavy in the JayTim ship, and also has smut, true being told. Currently running a sequel that may be interesting once it stops being centered around the sequels of the first part in the characters (so much domestic stuff). Characters are a bit OoC, but whatever. It's fun.

Qué más, qué más...
    4. See how deep the bullet lies is settled in another Arkhamverse. It doesn't have what you could call a "plot", not in the way of a mystery, or a case, or an adventure. But it does have a thread and follows it across each part. It's the story of a damaged Bruce trying to help a damaged Jason; and I must add that it does have certain mysterious element surrounding Jason's story. A LOT of angst and suffering, but I liked it (more in the second and third part that in the first one). Not a lot of characters: Bruce, Jason, Selina later on and sometimes others here and there. It's pretty good, in my opinion.
    5. Casebook of Detective Timothy Drake is another series that I remember reading not long ago and liked. Remember how I said that I'm a sucker for Time-traveling plots? Well, I'm also a sucker for detective stories (started reading them at 7 or 8 and never stopped). And now I've to apologize because this one, again, is Tim-centric, but again, it's a version of Tim I liked. The selling point here is that Drake isn't a cape, but he knows them and is totally inside the bat family. Also shipping JayTim (but not smut as far as I recall) and so Jason has an important role but he's not the main; you've been warned.
    6. Here I'm going to risk all my buzzies and boppies and recommend you reading a sometimes really unsetting and often very smutty series just because I think it's good and also is plot heavy: Dreamscape is a series that mix The Sandman with Batman. It's heavy in sex, violence and all kind of lovecraftian crazy elements that you can name. It's totally JayDick in the ship department, and it's uncomfortable with all the sexual stuff with certain central characters. But it's a good read overall, even if not for everyone, and to be honest, has some amazing moments (like the one with the goat; hilarious). Its third part is currently approaching an interesting point plotwise, and it's being updated regularly.
    7. Jason Todd - Collector of Strays is an ongoing story that I read from time to time. It's not heavy in the plot department, but it has some here and there; enough to make the story move. We all ship Jason with Bud or the queen of Umec. Lot's of domestic stuff, lots of drama, Jason being a really competent detective, and some action here and there. Also a very palatable Oliver Queen to read, and a Bruce that I definitely don't like but it really doesn't matter.
    8. And my last rec, and another risky one because a)characters are OoC at times, b) it's a fantasy setting (but not the usual fantasy setting, to be honest; I think it's kind of Late Modern Ages-ish) and c) it's still starting and it has a slow updating pace. But I was surprisingly pleased by the first two chapters and I feel like the story can go good places in the end. The name of the fic is: The Earth Died Screaming. I can see that its end game is pairing Jason with this version of Kyle, but so far they've been only companions, kind of coworkers. Acquaintances? Maybe. Only time will see if the fic develops well or ends up being a fluf-feels-feast between the two characters.

And that's all I can recall right now. Some others are not really recommendable or have been already recommended by someone else in previous pages long ago, or I just cannot remember them after like an hour of wring my brains out. Hope you like any of them, and please don't kill me because you dislike any, either XD.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 03-08-2018 at 09:46 PM. Reason: colons and semicolons ain't the same / also some typos / and false friends

@Zaresh: Thanks!!! I've seen most of these scrolling the Archive. I share pretty much your opinions on them, but you have convinced me to pick some of them up again.

1/ I read Red, so for sure I'll be checking IWGA. That one is a monster and I have no energy at the moment so... waiting until it is done.

2/ Haven't finished it because as you said, the start wasn't strong, but whenever I popped in to check it looked much more interesting. I'll give it another go one day.

3/ I read this. I have very little interest in JayTim but I treat this as a character study on Jason from Tim's pov and it worked for me. Also this Tim is way better than the usual fandom portrayals. Sequel is not geling with me atm because of the domestic stuff. Maybe when it gets to the main meat.

4/ This one I like. Admitedly I liked it better pre-Selina, but still, pretty good. And I totally missed the last chapter as well as the newest fic in the series. Thanks for reminding me that it exists.

5/ Haven't read this one. Maybe when I have more interest in Tim.

6/ This one I agree with you. I really like the dark elements and more importantly, the All-Caste element. This might be the only fic that does it. But, the JayDick was pretty weak, especially in the beginning. I almost dropped the fic because of it. The third part is where I start following regularly, and I like how detailed the author get with the magic and horror descriptions. The goat is the best thing.

7/ Also one I've been meaning to pick up again. I didn't enjoy how Bruce/Alfred were written, and dropped it when it looks like Jason's about to adopt the kids (just not a fan of this direction). But it didn't go that way in the end, and it looks like the plan for the fic is much more ambitious. So yeah, picking this up.

8/ This one yeah, it's a slow read for me, and I'm always so sleepy whenever I'm reading it so I miss a lot of words. But the setting is good. I'm interested in Jason's backstory. Will see where this is going.

Fantastic Member

someone said earier that they think ocean master would make a addition to the outlaws and i agree.

@Zaresh: Thanks!!! I've seen most of these scrolling the Archive. I share pretty much your opinions on them, but you have convinced me to pick some of them up again.

[...]

8/ This one yeah, it's a slow read for me, and I'm always so sleepy whenever I'm reading it so I miss a lot of words. But the setting is good. I'm interested in Jason's backstory. Will see where this is going.
    Well, at least I made you remember to pick back up some of them! I'm glad that I got the mood right. Recommending stuff is often a matter of sheer luck. "8" is slow, yeah; a bit wordy, but it's a good read so far, nonetheless. You may want to try it again once it gains a few more chapters and it's busy (weekend) daytime. I'll keep you informed if it turns not-good.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 03-08-2018 at 09:19 PM. Reason: shortening the quote and grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Jovos2099 View Post
    someone said earier that they think ocean master would make a addition to the outlaws and i agree.
    I'm all aboard about adding Dex-Starr as the team mascot (honest to god and no joking). Which brings me to the question about what people think an Outlaw should be. For me, it has to be a C or D lister with a troubling past that makes them misfits but not villains, or an ex-villain that is looking for redemption, and has not an all-sunshine-and-light morals or ethics. Well, at least for me, they have to meet at least two of those criteria.

Yeah, I'm not sleeping tonight.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 03-08-2018 at 09:47 PM. Reason: grammar again

Fantastic Member

There can be a lot of good choices for more Outlaws. At the moment I'm more interested in knowing why Bizarro picked Creeper of all people and who else he had in mind. His round table did have more chairs.

@Zaresh: OMG I just finished it. I'm totally, totally in awe. Also lost for words. How even. I'll just... gonna read it again before formulating my thoughts but for sure, for sure this is the best fic I've read in a long time. It has the best climax and strongest finish as well. Aaaaa thank you so much Zaresh I can't believe I passed it up before!!!

Fantastic Member

i like orm as a potential new outlaw because he could act in someways as a dark mirror of aquaman in some ways just like the main three.
    Last edited by Jovos2099; 03-09-2018 at 12:13 AM.

@Zaresh: OMG I just finished it. I'm totally, totally in awe. Also lost for words. How even. I'll just... gonna read it again before formulating my thoughts but for sure, for sure this is the best fic I've read in a long time. It has the best climax and strongest finish as well. Aaaaa thank you so much Zaresh I can't believe I passed it up before!!!
    This makes me happy. Really, helping making others this happy makes me smile like an idiot. Hope more people get to read and enjoy it. The author really did great. I wish I could write like this.

On another note, I'm liking the idea of adding Creeper to the team; as far as I know, he fits and sounds really interesting becuase his background story and the dynamics that he could bring to the table of the team.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 03-08-2018 at 11:48 PM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

What do you think?

* Flanderization:
    ** While Jason's pre-Flashpoint self used guns as a means to an end, the New 52 and Rebirth version seems to be obsessed with them, flashing them out in nearly every fight, even when he's not fighting lethally. This is usually accompanied by him either narrating that he's using rubber bullets or taking nonlethal shots, or by loudly boasting about all the upgrades he's made to his guns.
    ** His grudge against Batman has devolved from opposition to his nonlethal philosophy on fighting crime, to desperately seeking out his approval. As of Rebirth, this attitude has extended towards Nightwing as well.
    Is accurate tio RHATO rebirth?

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    What do you think?

Is accurate tio RHATO rebirth?
    Well Jason's goal was to prove to Batman he needed him so it is accurate to an extent.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he