Page 100 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200600 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 15150
    Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Actually, Remender's Deadly Class is something RHatO should strive to be. At least tone wise, while still having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Actually, Remender's Deadly Class is something RHatO should strive to be. At least tone wise, while still having fun.
    Would you rec it as a good team book? I've been looking into more Image comics?

Also= 100 PAGES! WE MADE IT!

Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Would you rec it as a good team book? I've been looking into more Image comics?

Also= 100 PAGES! WE MADE IT!

Yes I would. It's great, but full of heartbreak. The main character, Marcus, reminds me of Jason Todd a lot, in his cynical, pragmatic and rebellious, demeanor. You read it and be like "Why isn't this man writing Batman, or Red Hood?"

However, don't let the dower tone fool you. Same with his other stories with Marvel. He can write fun characters, and write believable optimism, and friendships. It's really great.

The art work, and panel design, by Wes Craig, is amazing too. When you read it, you'll want him doing a Jason Todd book immediately....and become as depressed as Marcus when you realize it won't happen, lol.

Still, his style is far more personal. I don't know if that's what people want from RHatO, but I think it would be a great change of pace for the Red Hood comics. We've never REALLY gotten into his head before, and how his mind paints the world around him. I'd really like to see the next writer do that....but I won't hold my breath. He can be more than just a devil may care badass!
    Last edited by TooFlyToFail; 02-19-2016 at 05:17 PM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

We've never REALLY gotten into his head before, and how his mind paints the world around him. I'd really like to see the next writer do that....but I won't hold my breath. He can be more than just a devil may care badass!
    Lobdell has done that since issue 1

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Lobdell has done that since issue 1
    Hardly. The writing is not that deep, and the action not that cleverly detailed. His writing doesn't pull any emotions outta me, nor does it really challenge me.

That's why I bring up Remender and Ellis. They do that. I feel that I should care a hell of a lot more about this relationship than I do. Lobdell's writing is shallow.

Others could do what he is doing MUCH better. It also needs better art. The Bat books get better art than the Superman team does, so him going to the Bat Office, potentially, is a GOOD thing in that aspect at the very least. I, obviously, won't blame Lobdell for that, but better art would help him. For example, as much as I enjoy Warren Ellis, his Supergod comic suffers from merely serviceable art.

So yeah, no Lobdell, or Super Office, this time looks to be a good thing...as long as Tynion, or Tomasi, don't touch it. I hope Snyder does an arc, or two, because he'll no longer feel compelled to do epic stuff, and that's when he's at his best.

Ooh, Synder would be interesting. I wouldn't mind seeing him go a bit Travis Kidd with Red Hood.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ooh, Synder would be interesting. I wouldn't mind seeing him go a bit Travis Kidd with Red Hood.
    Oh yeah, that'd be a pretty sweet opener, or annual. I like to see how brutal Snyder would depict Jason to be, both in combat, and discussions, seeing as he wouldn't be forced to stick too much to the status quo with a secondary character.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    QUe?

As for Synder...I did enjoy me some American Vampire.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

He's a character from American Vamp.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    So I guess this is it for Roy and Jason's friendship
    Just because they won't appear in the same title anymore doesn't mean that the friendship is over. I think Roy should have an antagonistic relationship with Dick though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    Just because they won't appear in the same title anymore doesn't mean that the friendship is over. I think Roy should have an antagonistic relationship with Dick though.
    They will still be friends, but it seems that the story setting up to may that they don't see eye to eye anymore, on a morality standpoint. Which will make Roy joining back up with the Titans make sense.

I'm guessing Roy will have his own drama in trying to acclimate back into being a hero, and, very likely, being on the same team with Star fire again (maybe).

I don't know...I still want the new RHatO book to be Jason affiliated with a Talia led League of Assassins, with Jason being her confidant, and just below her in status/rank.

I mean that'd be REAL outlaws right there, but they're taking contracts to eliminate the trash/evil of the world as their mission. Have Cassandra be the constant, along with him, and have the third slot be a rotation of a few set assassins (like Bronze Tiger, or Rose, or Deathstroke, or Cheshire, etc) every arc, or so.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

They will still be friends, but it seems that the story setting up to may that they don't see eye to eye anymore, on a morality standpoint. Which will make Roy joining back up with the Titans make sense.

I'm guessing Roy will have his own drama in trying to acclimate back into being a hero, and, very likely, being on the same team with Star fire again (maybe).

I don't know...I still want the new RHatO book to be Jason affiliated with a Talia led League of Assassins, with Jason being her confidant, and just below her in status/rank.

I mean that'd be REAL outlaws right there, but they're taking contracts to eliminate the trash/evil of the world as their mission. Have Cassandra be the constant, along with him, and have the third slot be a rotation of a few set assassins (like Bronze Tiger, or Rose, or Deathstroke, or Cheshire, etc) every arc, or so.
    That doesn't seem to fit organically with where the character is now though. That idea would have worked a lot better with pre-Flashpoint Jason. I do agree though that he needs to move on to something different. I've always had a desire to see what would happen if they gave Jason a bit of a samurai bent. Have him be a guy that wanders the world helping the innocent fight against the injustices of the world using whatever means necessary. That's been on my mind since the introduction of the All Caste into his back story. I think that sort of direction could lead to some interesting stories with a lot of depth and nuance that would showcase his various skills if the right writer was on it. It would also provide a place for a rotating cast of support characters and allow for his involvement in Family matters as well.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 02-19-2016 at 10:22 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I honestly would have preferred Jason working on his own, but if they manged to go give us something new and interesting with RHATO REBIRTH, then I'm all for it.

I just hope that they don't give us more than two or three characters in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    That doesn't seem to fit organically with where the character is now though. That idea would have worked a lot better with pre-Flashpoint Jason. I do agree though that he needs to move on to something different. I've always had a desire to see what would happen if they gave Jason a bit of a samurai bent. Have him be a guy that wanders the world helping the innocent fight against the injustices of the world using whatever means necessary. That's been on my mind since the introduction of the All Caste into his back story. I think that sort of direction could lead to some interesting stories with a lot of depth and nuance that would showcase his various skills if the right writer was on it. It would also provide a place for a rotating cast of support characters and allow for his involvement in Family matters as well.
    I don't know, I think that he could be part of this new League, if it was a tentative partnership. It can be explained depending how much time has passed before the Rebirth launched.

However, I do like the sound of your premise as well. A travelling repenting gunslinger. Sounds badass. Just make sure there's a lot of introspection of Jason's view of the world, and himself, then I'm 100% in.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I don't know, I think that he could be part of this new League, if it was a tentative partnership. It can be explained depending how much time has passed before the Rebirth launched.

However, I do like the sound of your premise as well. A travelling repenting gunslinger. Sounds badass. Just make sure there's a lot of introspection of Jason's view of the world, and himself, then I'm 100% in.
    It could be very badass if handled well. I think it would give a lot of people what they want from the character without resorting to making him the villain to do so.

As for your idea if it was a tentative partnership it might work. My concern would be his treading the line toward villainy again by being associated to closely with the League although if it was a new League maybe that wouldn't be a problem.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 02-20-2016 at 12:12 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG