Page 1000 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 50090095099099699799899910001001100210031004 ... LastLast
Results 14,986 to 15,000 of 15150

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Damn G you're right!

Happy 1000th page guys!

There we go. Perfect 1000th!

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    There we go. Perfect 1000th!
    As the wise men of the Old Days used to post:

(eham)

Epic post in an epic thread ! ! !

Btw, I saw in Reddit that they showed the AK for 'Tec #1000. It's a very basic AK design as far as I saw. Not even camo pattern in the pants.

Still thinking it's going to be Deathstroke or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post

(eham)

Btw, I saw in Reddit that they showed the AK for 'Tec #1000. It's a very basic AK design as far as I saw. Not even camo pattern in the pants.

I saw that as well. Not happy that they didn't bother with a new design but at least it looks like the hi-tech aspect is dropped. Still it's interesting that Tomasi is writing that story. He wrote Arkham Knight and Genesis after all.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 12-20-2018 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post

(eham)

Considering the character has a sword in their hand it seems they are making the 'Knight' a more literal representation which seems.....Kinda silly?

Not that silly superhero costumes and motifs don't already exist, even the OG robin costume is a testament to that and I love it, but in terms of the fact that there is room for comparison here, with the OG version being more subtle with its namesake, it feels like a sillier remake.

The point of the original AK was to be a dark reflection of Batman, the Dark Knight vs the Arkham Knight. The word 'Knight' in the name was just symbolic of his intention and status with the closest literal translation to actual Knights being in the fact that he has armor and a helmet (which isn't that rare in the genre of superheros anyway). Now it seems that this character is going with an actual 'medieval' motif, maybe the character will be inspired by King Arthur or something to make sense of it all? But regardless, it just comes off as a bit silly. Its like in a similar vein as when Ravens costume went from being a cloak that somewhat had a pointed end resembling a Ravens beak, a callback to her namesake, to the new52 when she basically was cosplaying as a bird, feathers and all.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    I saw that as well. Not happy that they didn't bother with a new design but at least it looks like the hi-tech aspect is dropped. Still it's interesting that Tomasi is writing that story. He wrote Arkham Knight and Genesis after all.
    I can't say I'm too surprised, I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't really trust Tomasi with any character besides Damian. For me, anyone else is a 50/50 on getting something just decent/kinda good and something god awful.

mangomaido-o

You're a mean one, Mr Hood XD

Travis Mercer

[x]

Yeah, I don't really trust Tomasi either, or rather, I don't trust him to get me interested. I did like a lot Supersons and Genesis was fine. But I didn't like everything else in Batman. Too focused on certain themes I'm not really interested in or share the view as far as I noticed. Not saying it was his fault. I have the same problem with Morrison for different reasons. I just don't get invested on certain kind of tricks, takes and themes. Doesn't help that I don't like his Bruce (I don't like modern Bruce, so what's new) and I find boring the dynamic between him and Damian when they're the only mains driving a plot.

I may be wrong. We will see.

On the other hand, it's funny that so far, the little we know about this new AK doesn't appeal us (for different reasons), when I was sure we wouldn't mind a new AK character when it was announced. Talk about a clumsy start.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-20-2018 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Travis Mercer

[x]

Nice! Seems like a lot of artists like drawing Jason with twin katanas as part of his arsenal.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Could someone please explain m-alejandrita's artwork? I think I don't understand the "Me. - No." part. Is that meant to be sarcasm? Like Jason: "Do you mean me?" and Bruce being sarcastic: "No, another Jason who has died and came back to life."

The new AK design has been posted in another thread in this forum but here's the art (to make the discussion easier.)

I'm okay with the similarities to the original costume. I actually expected that. If DC wants to use the already known AK name it seems natural to also use a similar costume because people recognize it.
    And I'm not bothered by the sword. Although a light saber would have been more awesome. But who knows, maybe the sword has some more futuristic features.

Altogether I'm more curious who the AK will be, and knowing that if the whole concept still makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Could someone please explain m-alejandrita's artwork? I think I don't understand the "Me. - No." part. Is that meant to be sarcasm? Like Jason: "Do you mean me?" and Bruce being sarcastic: "No, another Jason who has died and came back to life."
    The writing was meant to be taken as a whole, like "Jason dying again" being worse than dying again. Jason, just to be contrary as usual, sees "Jason" as the thing that's worse than "Dying Again". Well, partly Bruce's fault for making it a different color I guess. :P

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

A user on Reddit posted the variant for Heroes in Crisis #5 which shows Jason's death.
    I'm a little surprised that the artist chose that moment and not the more iconic scene of Bruce holding Jason in his arms. (And am I the only one who gets "Psycho"-by-Hitchcock-feelings when seeing the cover?)

Oh, and here is some meme that I found on twitter and that summons up my feelings about Titans' Jason Todd.

@G-Potion: Thanks for explaining. Sometimes I fail at understanding simple stuff.

@G-Potion: Thanks for explaining. Sometimes I fail at understanding simple stuff.
    Actually that took me a while too.

[source]
    I know G explained the joke already but if it helps here is the original vine video it was based on. It's just about the second person (Jason in this case) being purposefully difficult.