Page 106 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206606 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 15150
    Extraordinary Member

Even as a Lobdell hater myself, I will defend the decision to keep him on the book for the simple reason that he seems to have built a consistent fanbase on it. I personally think it's mediocre and not as good as it should be, but the guy knows how to write Jason's personality on a monthly basis, and you can see from the book's fans above that they find it engaging.

I won't buy it myself, but I'l applaud its continued success in keeping Jason with a decent-ish monthly book.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Why in the hell can't Jason get away from Lobdell. Red Hood is only going to continue to get buried under mediocrity and ignored, and his book will again be pointed to as the benchmark for whats bad at DC.
    Loedbell got his faults. Getting Jason overall isn`t one of them. I was hoping for some new take and blood but at least they are sticking with someone who gets him instead of someone we know that doesn`t.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Loedbell got his faults. Getting Jason overall isn`t one of them. I was hoping for some new take and blood but at least they are sticking with someone who gets him instead of someone we know that doesn`t.
    Yeah, unfortunatly many other writers that used him in the new 52, didn't made a good job in writing him.

I would have also liked to see something more in the direction of Red Hood the Lost days or RHatO Futures End, but imo it could have been worse.
    Last edited by Aahz; 03-26-2016 at 03:31 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Why in the hell can't Jason get away from Lobdell. Red Hood is only going to continue to get buried under mediocrity and ignored, and his book will again be pointed to as the benchmark for whats bad at DC.
    I agree with you on this. This is far from what I expected and was probably the most dissapointing. They need to send this character back to the Bat Office. Jason is more than capable of carrying a solo title with a few supporting characters. This just doesn't cut it.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Yeah, unfortunatly many other writers that used him in the new 52, didn't made a good job in writing him.

I would have also liked to see something more in the direction of Red Hood the Lost days or RHatO Futures End, but imo it could have been worse.
    Considering Johns himself used "Dark Trinity" to refer at the new Outlaws, I'm betting the tone of the book will be considerably darker compared to RH/A

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Considering Johns himself used "Dark Trinity" to refer at the new Outlaws, I'm betting the tone of the book will be considerably darker compared to RH/A
    With Bizzaro? Maybe if got a wrong picture of him (i only know him from the DCAU) but isn't this guy some kind of parody?

And I would have liked to see Jason go up against more ordinary criminals but with two heavy hitters, that will probably not happen.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Sigh....I'm probably not gonna get this book. I wanted a new writer liker every other Bat Book, and a new take.

Sad day.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Sigh....I'm probably not gonna get this book. I wanted a new writer liker every other Bat Book, and a new take.

Sad day.
    I kind of agree, I don't like Lobdell on Red Hood at all. I don't like the current take on Red Hood at all. Mad props to people who like him and the book. All the respect in the world for Lobdell, I just don't like the direction of the book/Jason. I will not buy this unless it is completely reimagined.

Quote Originally Posted by btmarine23 View Post
    I kind of agree, I don't like Lobdell on Red Hood at all. I don't like the current take on Red Hood at all. Mad props to people who like him and the book. All the respect in the world for Lobdell, I just don't like the direction of the book/Jason. I will not buy this unless it is completely reimagined.
    I just hope for a UtRH DCEU adaptation is in the works, because they tend to make the characters match the movie version.

Now I don't want villain Jason again, obviously. Just a solo; I'm tired of seeing him on a team.

I just hope for a UtRH DCEU adaptation is in the works, because they tend to make the characters match the movie version.

Now I don't want villain Jason again, obviously. Just a solo; I'm tired of seeing him on a team.
    A solo Jason is something we have really never seen. I wonder why? I guess the writers just believe his defining character traits require constant interaction with other regulars to draw out.

They may be contemplating a UTRH adaptation, but as has been said on the BvS threads they will have to come at it from a different angle. Given the type of Batman portrayed in the movie, a straight UTRH just wouldn't fly, as no one would believe that Batfleck would not kill, or at least permanently cripple, the Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    A solo Jason is something we have really never seen. I wonder why? I guess the writers just believe his defining character traits require constant interaction with other regulars to draw out.

They may be contemplating a UTRH adaptation, but as has been said on the BvS threads they will have to come at it from a different angle. Given the type of Batman portrayed in the movie, a straight UTRH just wouldn't fly, as no one would believe that Batfleck would not kill, or at least permanently cripple, the Joker.
    Here's my response to that:

Actually Batman having killed in this movie, imo, makes a potential UtRH adaptation even more interesting.

In the movie, it's briefly discussed by Bruce and Alfred that he's changed since the events of MoS. Alfred says that he's become just another criminal, of which Bruce agrees, and claims he's always been one; nothing's changed. Alfred suggests otherwise. In another scene, Bruce talks about how he's older than his father was, and talking about his failure to save the city; "Criminals are like weeds. For every one that he plucked, five took its place."

Basically he's given up hope in Gotham, and he's kinda lost his fire. However, Superman's actions towards the end seem to inspire him/reignite that fire; at least by the speech he gives about humanity, and overcoming, seems to imply that. The fact that he neither brands, hits, nor kills Lex at the end also implies that change of heart.

UtRH could have Jason know that Bruce has killed bfefore, and is shocked to see that he's stopped. This could be a scenario where we have a Batman that has killed, and he sees how it twist a person; it's not satisfying, either. That would be a rather nuanced twist that wouldn't make Batman sound as irrational as he could in front of a casual audience, and just enhance the story in general, I think.

Thoughts?

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Danged the one book I thought I could count on and they've saddled Jay with Bizzaro of all characters? WTF! And Johns calling them a "Dark Trinity" doesn't make me feel confident of the direction here either even with Lobdell at the helm still. Sadly, this rendition of RHatO is going to be getting just a trial period of three issues from me instead of being an instant pull like I thought it would be. DC continues to crap on my pull list.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Here's my response to that:
    That's possible I suppose. It would depend greatly on each person's response to BvS. If you found that much nuance and room for interpretation in BvS, I am sure you could find justification for a more-or-less straight UTRH adaptation. It would likely be one of those things that would divide the audience sharply into different camps with little middle ground, but that wouldn't be anything new for a Snyder film.

It would also depend greatly on how they handled the ending. I am not sure the open-ended downer (or pyrrhic victory) of UTRH would work with a movie audience, unless it was clearly the setup for a sequel. Of course, long-term it has been the root of the problem DC has with Jason. The problem UTRH presented for DC from a strategic point of view was that it put a whole tangle of issues on the table without a clear plan for taking them off again. If the movie had a more definitive resolution (or at least the promise thereof) it might work better for a general audience.

Wow.

First Marvel does Death of X and now this. It's like both are telling me to go to Valiant and Manga.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

All-New Member

I'm hoping Jason makes frequent cameos in detective comics. He's been back for years and it still feels like he's the unwanted child of the bat office.

Does anyone know if Artemis has shown up or gotten a mention in new 52 yet? Because I feel he got the REALLY short end of the stick this time.