Page 14 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114514 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I wouldn't call Jason sweet not even now. He's a bit more calm, less angsty and maybe more level-headed but certainly not "sweet". He is also still cranky, sarcastic and a badass. That hasn't changed or at least I don't really feel that it has. What has changed is his perspective and how he views himself.
    One thing I don't like about the New 52 Jason is how skinny he is,I liked when he was more muscular,he looked more intimidating that way.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    One thing I don't like about the New 52 Jason is how skinny he is,I liked when he was more muscular,he looked more intimidating that way.
    I liked him buff, too. Maybe he's got manorexia in the New 52.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I liked him buff, too. Maybe he's got manorexia in the New 52.
    lol he needs to eat some meat

BANNED

lol he needs to eat some meat
    This always reminds me the Turtles/Robins comparisons. Dick is the Leonardo type whereas Jason is the Raphael.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 06-04-2014 at 12:31 PM.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I liked him a bit more muscular but then you get into the problem of him being drawn like a hardcore bodybuilder and I'd rather artists stay away from that myself. Reasonably muscular is fine but some artists have gone overboard with it in the past especially on Bat characters and for some of those, like Dick Grayson for example, it just looks wrong.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

I liked him a bit more muscular but then you get into the problem of him being drawn like a hardcore bodybuilder and I'd rather artists stay away from that myself. Reasonably muscular is fine but some artists have gone overboard with it in the past especially on Bat characters and for some of those, like Dick Grayson for example, it just looks wrong.
    I think only Bruce should look like a hardcore body builder. A huge amount of bulk would get in Dick's way as an acrobat. Tim hasn't had time to build that much body mass. But Jason looks like he's been in a Nazi concentration camp lately.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Dude that would be awesome!! The untitled could be his version of The Hand and The All Caste could his version of The Chaste and being a globe traveling PI could be cool
    Would also fit in nicely with the idea of his past. While Bruce is the "Bigger Threat" Jason could have been the guy that dealt with the issue or the fall out. Lets say there's an incident with Two-Face. Batman, Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl, they all deal with the larger threat that is Two face. But what about the thugs that come out of this? They were working with Two-face so they probably know ways to hide out. That's where Jason comes in, he deals with the fall outs as well as other things. I also thought as far as subplots would have gone he probably would work in the, and since I can't remember the name of the section in Gotham I'm borrowing from DD again, "Hell's Kitchen" maybe with some sort of group that's trying to clean the place up some. I can totally see him possibly being a sarcastic mentor to some teens that were like him, maybe paying them to do work for him as a PI. They can get into places and hear things that he can't. Think Baker Street irregulars with a twist.

And Globe travel would be great too. Some stories could be down to earth ones in Gotham, others -because of the LoA connections (Is that still a thing?) -could be anywhere in the world and Jason would be dealing with them in his own way. Sometimes he works with other crime fighters, maybe even local ones, other times it's a solo mission. I could totally see him and Helena B working together at points over something to do with the Mafia.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I think only Bruce should look like a hardcore body builder. A huge amount of bulk would get in Dick's way as an acrobat. Tim hasn't had time to build that much body mass. But Jason looks like he's been in a Nazi concentration camp lately.
    Grayson should have a leaner build due to his agility. Tim is a teen so like dick he would need to be lean. Damian's a kid, no six pack on this kid please it just looks really really weird! As for Bruce and Jason, I would say Bruce should be a bit more bulky than Dick but you can't have him too bulky because of what he does. He's not a body builder, he's a martial artist and as such has to have tighter muscles that more easily move for fast reflexes. Jason I always pictured build like a runner and swimmer. He would have to be fast and lean, but not too lean. Most of his strength would come from his arms and legs, rather then the torso or shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Would also fit in nicely with the idea of his past. While Bruce is the "Bigger Threat" Jason could have been the guy that dealt with the issue or the fall out. Lets say there's an incident with Two-Face. Batman, Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl, they all deal with the larger threat that is Two face. But what about the thugs that come out of this? They were working with Two-face so they probably know ways to hide out. That's where Jason comes in, he deals with the fall outs as well as other things. I also thought as far as subplots would have gone he probably would work in the, and since I can't remember the name of the section in Gotham I'm borrowing from DD again, "Hell's Kitchen" maybe with some sort of group that's trying to clean the place up some. I can totally see him possibly being a sarcastic mentor to some teens that were like him, maybe paying them to do work for him as a PI. They can get into places and hear things that he can't. Think Baker Street irregulars with a twist.

And Globe travel would be great too. Some stories could be down to earth ones in Gotham, others -because of the LoA connections (Is that still a thing?) -could be anywhere in the world and Jason would be dealing with them in his own way. Sometimes he works with other crime fighters, maybe even local ones, other times it's a solo mission. I could totally see him and Helena B working together at points over something to do with the Mafia.
    He need to send the post straight to DC editorial.His team up with Helena Bertinelli was an assume addition

I thought he was perfect in Under the Hood but in Batman and Robin he looked way to bulky.Even before he went to Arkham

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Grayson should have a leaner build due to his agility. Tim is a teen so like dick he would need to be lean. Damian's a kid, no six pack on this kid please it just looks really really weird! As for Bruce and Jason, I would say Bruce should be a bit more bulky than Dick but you can't have him too bulky because of what he does. He's not a body builder, he's a martial artist and as such has to have tighter muscles that more easily move for fast reflexes. Jason I always pictured build like a runner and swimmer. He would have to be fast and lean, but not too lean. Most of his strength would come from his arms and legs, rather then the torso or shoulders.
    We're on the same page then. That's pretty much how I see them all in my mind. Unfortunately, not a lot of artists have been drawing them the way I "see" them in my head and there have been a few times that I've looked at some artists' renderings and shook my head over them.

I thought he was perfect in Under the Hood but in Batman and Robin he looked way to bulky.Even before he went to Arkham
    I agree with you there. He shouldn't be overly bulky in my opinion.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

We're on the same page then. That's pretty much how I see them all in my mind. Unfortunately, not a lot of artists have been drawing them the way I "see" them in my head and there have been a few times that I've looked at some artists' renderings and shook my head over them.

I agree with you there. He shouldn't be overly bulky in my opinion.
    I do think he's just way too skinny in Outlaws.It looked really awkward when he threw Suzi Su around lol

I do think he's just way too skinny in Outlaws.It looked really awkward when he threw Suzi Su around lol
    Almost anyone would have looked awkward trying to throw her though.

Almost anyone would have looked awkward trying to throw her though.
    Lol so true

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

I found curious your claims about Jason being too skinny, while Rocafort's art is pretty stilizated his Jason was in top shape (he also looks somewhat buff on the first issue), Green's did look skinny but then again, his stint on the book wasn't that well received. Kirkham's was also in top shape, the less we talk about Gopez' the better while Sandoval's and Silva's closer to the classic superhero build. And after reading today's Action Comics I'm really looking forward for Kollins' issue.