Page 165 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215265665 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 15150
    BANNED

Starfire is just an excuse for Good Girl Art.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    Yeah it was def. the outfit for my reasoning and they really made Tim sort of dour and a little moody after Identity Crises.

Thanks for the info on Artemis guys. Pretty interesting.
    http://static.tumblr.com/de593ffd836...c_picjason.gif

Kicks at Dawn, sir!

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    I'm glad that they're keeping Artemis with a very very long ponytail. Out of everyone she was the only person to ever maintain their 90's rapunzel ponytail.

If Jason does get with Artemis I'd rather it be friends with benefits type thing at first because I don't think Jason and Artemis are the romantic types but would maybe want to deal with their attraction in a way that doesn't complicate things. But if they do get romantic and it's good writing then I don't mind.

I wonder if she's even met Diana. if they said she lives in Egypt then I don't think so because she and the other Amazons there sort of exiled themselves and were nomads until they went to egypt as they were the more separate and aggressive Amazons before rejoining Themyskira again. Makes me wonder if they're gonna make Artemis aggressive even though she was the nice one. I always liked her when she returned to Themyskira but this might be an interesting take on her with her out in the world.

I'll always remember her appearance in Gail Simone's Secret Six. Correct me if I'm wrong but it comes after Amazons Attack and a lot of Amazons were captured and were to be enslaved and were getting "broke in" via torture and she didn't break. Man those issues had some seriously powerful dialogue.

Also she's pretty awesome in the Wonder Woman animated movie.

I'm interested in the team dynamic for sure. Especially Bizarro because it's an odd choice for a team book but I'm very curious. And how they would function around Jason and whether if he'll take a leader type role or if it would be on more equal standing. But I think Jason would take the leader role by default he's dealing with an Amazon in Man's World for the first time and Superman clone who's not really together I guess.
    Good post. I actually think the last time we`ve seen Artemis might have been in AA. I`m interested in Artemis because Loedbell seems to also bringing back the Banas in Egypt which is a ramification of plot left (Perez era) that I remember enjoying reading (I first read the "Contest" back then but by that time I think the origins had been changed a tad).

Makes sense for Jay to lead: he`s the main character of the book, but Outlaws should keep the tradition of being more of a fluid dinamic than a straight up hierarchy. They will all assume that mantle depending the situation.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 09-01-2016 at 05:02 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Obviously you didn't read the previous book
    Oi. If there`s a criticism you can make about Starfire in RATHO, that would never be it, given the number of times she bailed/helped them out.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Jason. Prepare for the roughest noogie ever.

Also shouldn't that be Auntie?
    Looks like Jason is pulling a variation of "Daddy's busy" a la Lost Days. Doesn't seem to work so well now lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Looks like Jason is pulling a variation of "Daddy's busy" a la Lost Days. Doesn't seem to work so well now lol.
    I'm pleased. Bizarro and Artemis will make for a better team for Jason.

Mighty Member

I can see that answering catching criticism considering the fact that she is an Amazon. Also I can only imagine the people who want Jason to be bi turning that back on him.
    Last edited by Alycat; 09-02-2016 at 05:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    I can see that answering catching criticism considering the fact that she is an Amazon. Also I can only imagine the people who want Jason to be bi turning that back on him.
    I could see that as well

So technically pansexual i believe? Like Deadpool

I'll never understand why people give so much importance to the sexuality of the characters in comics. I don't know, I think it's more important to know how Artemis is integrated into the group or as strong she is and breaks heads with her ax rather than if bi, lesbian or whatever.

For me Artemis is a warrior first. Whatever the sexual orientation of her, I don't care. The same if Lobdell decides that she and Jason are dating, I don't care. While it is a good character and she has a good development, perfect for me.

Edit: It's funny, I always thought it was Lodbell but I was wrong, it is Lobdell. I apologize for all the times I wrote it wrong.
    Last edited by Orujo-man; 09-02-2016 at 09:46 AM.

BANNED

I'd like it if they focus on the action/adventure stuff and just leave the sexuality out of the picture, getting a little tired of all the attention on sexual orientation these days. Maybe somebody is too busy fighting crime to think about Politically Correct issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Orujo-man View Post
    I'll never understand why people give so much importance to the sexuality of the characters in comics. I don't know, I think it's more important to know how Artemis is integrated into the group or as strong she is and breaks heads with her ax rather than if bi, lesbian or whatever.
    However, I see it interesting... For know more about the character and his life..

If the character is worthy.... Knowing this is not a problem.. you are interested in the character and you need know more about him..

Before Batman Eternal/Robin Eternal... I searched information about the reason of these stories.

-Steph(spoiler(daughter of cluemaster),robin, then "death", batgirl after cass resignation)
    -Cass(daughter of David Cain and Shiva(N52 not mentioned that, I think).. trained to be the bodyguard of the Al Ghul(if I remember correctly)... batgirl, black bat) both girls good friends, Tim and Steph relation...

I listened as people wanted both characters again in N52 and both were characters from the Batman world(and I love this world since my childhood..) that I donīt know in this time and for this I searched information about both girls.. YES, Is imposible know the same as the old fans but... is a valuable information about these characters past..

Today, I appreciate both characters... For this I liked see both in the Detective Comics team.
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-02-2016 at 12:26 PM.

Spectacular Member

I know I'm a bit late to the party but I get my books once a month. This new RhaTO series is awesome so far. And the art.

May the reign of Dexter Soy last years. Love his Red Hood.
    Have you pre-ordered Nova yet? I have.

Extraordinary Member

So after reading Countdown I really have to say that the characterisation of Jason was actually OK, problem was just again that he didn't really had a purpose in the story, the Dynamik with the other team mates was also not that great and for me it seemed that the writer didn't had a clear idea where to go with him from the start.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

The direction was clear. Rehabilitate Jason and bringing him back into the fold as Red Robin, there were even an editorial teasing a future team up of Red Robin (Jason) and Robin (Tim). Problem was, Morrison had plans to use Damian as his Robin, leaving Tim without a role. So they sacrificed Jason to give Tim the Red Robin persona. You can see clearly how by the end they backpedaled HARD with Jason to let him in the same place he was at the beginning of the story.