Page 187 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237287687 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 15150
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Badly edited isn't it? They definitely needed someone to do some fact checking before it went to print. Wonder if anyone else's entries are messed up? The others that were posted are not as easy to read as this one was for me.
    I think they meant to keep it short and to the point. Making it brief and interesting gets people to read.

Quote Originally Posted by SpentShrimp View Post
    I think they meant to keep it short and to the point. Making it brief and interesting gets people to read.
    Adding one more name would've made it too hard?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Adding one more name would've made it too hard?
    Probably not, but I think people on here are nitpicking the entry as a whole way too much.

BANNED

Maybe but if you want to have the trouble making that sort of product, it wouldn`t hurt getting things mostly right.

Think about it, whoever makes these already got everything done for them. They just need to select whatever prime info they want to use.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 10-30-2016 at 12:23 PM.

Spectacular Member

Everything was mostly right. They just left out Roy. And it might be because they aren't on good terms anymore. Look at the ending of Red Hood and Arsenal.

Everything was mostly right. They just left out Roy. And it might be because they aren't on good terms anymore. Look at the ending of Red Hood and Arsenal.
    And Kori's apparently forgotten all about Roy and Jason(if her solo is anything to go by). At least the Roy ne makes sense.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Thing is, the entry doesn't account for anything that passed after Tynion's run, making Roy's absence an editorial oversight rather than a "clever" omission

Extraordinary Member

These books are afaik not written by DC, so it is anyway questionable how canonic they are.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    These books are afaik not written by DC, so it is anyway questionable how canonic they are.
    The thing is that if someone is going to publish an encyclopedia on ANYTHING it behoves them to print accurate information or what's the point. This is not the only entry with issues in this encyclopedia. Heck, Tim Drake has no entry whatsoever. Honestly it would better if both DC and Marvel published things like this themselves.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

The particular listing of his abilities is weirder than any ommision of Roy.

It`s not that it`s a big deal, these Pedias are what they are, but those kind of things stand out unecessarily. It takes the same amount of work.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    They aren't written by DC by are still approved by them. So again, it all comes down to shoddy editing.

Fantastic Member

I think so to @jasontodd428
    I was in a freak accident there were freaks everywhere Dan vs

Spectacular Member

Well then, looks like my clever explanation was just that. An explanation. Sad to see the Starfire solo blow away her history in the Outlaws. Could have done a little damage control there, but oh well.

The one that bothers me the most is that the only person to ever really draw Jason to his full size was Jim Lee. I would love to see Jason drawn to his actual size again.

Extraordinary Member

The one that bothers me the most is that the only person to ever really draw Jason to his full size was Jim Lee. I would love to see Jason drawn to his actual size again.
    I think some other artists did it too, but in his own book Jason is usually a little bit to small and skinny (maybe with exception of Medri's art).

BANNED

Jim Lee tends to draw male heroes around the same build. I really enjoyed Rockafort but unless a character is supposed to be a mamoth of a man like Thanos, his guys have all that slim quality. It`s something that`s not easy to be self concious about when it comes to drawing since part of Comics 101 is breaking from templates so you can draw faster.

The difference in build doesn`t need to be huge but Dick should be slimmer as the acrobat and Jason should look bigger because he`s more physical. Instead of drawing the logical paralels with the Turtles, how about Supernatural? Sam is taller and slim, Dean is shorther and broader.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 10-31-2016 at 10:55 AM.