Page 189 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239289689 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 15150

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    As a point to curiosity about the Lazarus granting enchanted abilities thingie, a quick search led to Jason`s Batmanwiki page where one can read:

http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/Jason_Todd

"Lazarus-Enhanced Capabilities: As of his perfect resurrection by the Lazarus Pit, he no longer ages & regenerates from injuries at a very fast rate, allowing him to perfectly cheat death on several occasions."

This was probably taken from an Encyclopedia itself but I`m starting to think that the reason this pops up in those is the assumption (a bit logical by adittion maybe) that because Ras Al gul or others who came back from the Pit (CW`s Arrow as well) maybe have displayed these, that Jason automatically also possess (or should) the same.

Thoughts?
    In both continuities Jason grew from a teenager to a young adult, he is older.

RHATO never said anything about healing factor or magical powers thanks to the Lazarus Pit. Maybe he has powers of Lazarus Pit, but until the writer(s) say anything of that in his own series I don't consider these speculations as canon.

I didn't read all the stuff of the old continuity, but in the new I don't remenber anything of that.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

See, that`s where his dirty figthing mindset could shine the most. He should let opponents make whatever preconceived notion about whether he`s just a sharpshooter or a tank to lure them in and then if need be surprise them by either using the esoteric training he`s received and/or the Al Blades.

Even without his world training/Al Castle backgrounds, he should be a tuff bastard to put down. Jason is imo the most stubburn and flat out heart out of everyone save Bruce. That`s exacty in what they resemble the most. They don`t quit. They don`t beg. You either put them down or you`re the one kissing the floor. Reminds me a bit of the ending of "Warrior" of Tom Hardy, when even losing he was shocking everyone with his sheer guts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27_H7xumAbA

This is what Jason is. someone who lost about everything and came back, teeths grinding.
    Hardy' character in Warrior us exactly how I picture the ideal Jason to be, but with dirty fighting, various martial art skills, and the strategic mind.

He should be the the most brutal/savage of the Robins. Also the complete opposite of Dick. Being trained by Bronze Tiger doesn't hurt either. I'D have on par, if not a bit better than Dick. Mainly because of his stamina, and durability, plus his dirty/misdirecting style of fighting.

He should be a tough out for Bruce.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orujo-man View Post
    In both continuities Jason grew from a teenager to a young adult, he is older.

RHATO never said anything about healing factor or magical powers thanks to the Lazarus Pit. Maybe he has powers of Lazarus Pit, but until the writer(s) say anything of that in his own series I don't consider these speculations as canon.

I didn't read all the stuff of the old continuity, but in the new I don't remenber anything of that.
    Maybe it just strengthened/enhanced him to the point that he looked like an adult?

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Maybe it just strengthened/enhanced him to the point that he looked like an adult?
    That could be a point. Whenever Ra's gets in, he's restored to a younger age, most likely his prime. So would the LP do the same with Jason? Age him up to his prime?

Cause if so, then that should have some messed up implications for Jason's body.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

As a point to curiosity about the Lazarus granting enchanted abilities thingie, a quick search led to Jason`s Batmanwiki page where one can read:

http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/Jason_Todd

"Lazarus-Enhanced Capabilities: As of his perfect resurrection by the Lazarus Pit, he no longer ages & regenerates from injuries at a very fast rate, allowing him to perfectly cheat death on several occasions."

This was probably taken from an Encyclopedia itself but I`m starting to think that the reason this pops up in those is the assumption (a bit logical by adittion maybe) that because Ras Al gul or others who came back from the Pit (CW`s Arrow as well) maybe have displayed these, that Jason automatically also possess (or should) the same.

Thoughts?
    One of the reviewers I know actually takes Jason's quote in Future's End issue, "If I have to live--and apparently I do-- I'm going to do my part to make things better for all the regular people who don't know the "joy" of being immortal" in the literal sense, since "joy" being in the quotation marks and everything. It will be interesting if Jason can still age, but can't die from injuries. He just doesn't know about it yet.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Hardy' character in Warrior us exactly how I picture the ideal Jason to be, but with dirty fighting, various martial art skills, and the strategic mind.

He should be the the most brutal/savage of the Robins. Also the complete opposite of Dick. Being trained by Bronze Tiger doesn't hurt either. I'D have on par, if not a bit better than Dick. Mainly because of his stamina, and durability, plus his dirty/misdirecting style of fighting.

He should be a tough out for Bruce.
    Unfortunately many writers don't seem willing to show him like this in the cross overs.

BANNED

Very interesting info all around folks. Not sure even about the enchanting part tho. At least Pre Flashpoint, Jason didn`t seem to come back older but at around the same age he died, or am I remembering it wrong? I still recall some talk post Hush about the supposed white strand of hair. I always though I wouldn`t mind it as long the Lazarus was indeed supposed to do that.

@Toofly, yeah. He should still be tactical and ranged but I hope writers also make him shine in other details, like his thoughness, willpower an stamina. All that coupled with his misdirection game to create openings. I wonder if Jason`s connection with Ben Turner stands after Rebirth, we`ll soon may get some reference in King`s Batman.

I do appreciate Loedbell`s Jason being more elegant when ranged but I`d like to see that technical MMA savage side more often when up close.

We just went throught another Devil`s Night, I hope you all had fun

http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc...5gkuo1_500.jpg
    Last edited by Aioros22; 11-02-2016 at 03:33 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Hm...sounds like a neat extra package. Don't think my rereads of of his series would seem like its close to death.
    Oh, it will never stop!

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    One of the reviewers I know actually takes Jason's quote in Future's End issue, "If I have to live--and apparently I do-- I'm going to do my part to make things better for all the regular people who don't know the "joy" of being immortal" in the literal sense, since "joy" being in the quotation marks and everything. It will be interesting if Jason can still age, but can't die from injuries. He just doesn't know about it yet.
    Nice catch. On one hand it`s nice that the Pit and its side effects happen to be vague so it gets misterious and both readers and the main character are on similar terms of not knowing everything. That`s a cool storytelling trick.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 11-02-2016 at 03:38 PM.

Extraordinary Member

At least Pre Flashpoint, Jason didn`t seem to come back older but at around the same age he died, or am I remembering it wrong? I still recall some talk post Hush about the supposed white strand of hair. I always though I wouldn`t mind it as long the Lazarus was indeed supposed to do that.
    If you are talking about Lost Days or Batman Annual #25, it was anyway a little bit wired since he didn't really visible age until he was thrown in the pit. Despite several years passing before that.

His age is imo in general messed up, based on the timeline he and Tim should be actually around the same age, and especially the new 52 ages where Jason is suddenly almost Dicks age and Tim is only 16 (and Damian suddenly 13) doesn't make much sense imo.

@Toofly, yeah. He should still be tactical and ranged but I hope writers also make him shine in other details, like his thoughness, willpower an stamina. All that coupled with his misdirection game to create openings. I wonder if Jason`s connection with Ben Turner stands after Rebirth, we`ll soon may get some reference in King`s Batman.

I do appreciate Loedbell`s Jason being more elegant when ranged but I`d like to see that technical MMA savage side more often when up close.
    http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc...5gkuo1_500.jpg
    Talking of fighting up close, as much as I love his fight with Artemis, I wish it showed a bit more of the knife vs axe fight. It shows Jason really knows his martial arts, countering Artemis's ranged weapon with a fast, close range weapon. A shame it was interrupted before Jason manage to find an opening to get into Artemis's space.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    If you are talking about Lost Days or Batman Annual #25, it was anyway a little bit wired since he didn't really visible age until he was thrown in the pit. Despite several years passing before that.

His age is imo in general messed up, based on the timeline he and Tim should be actually around the same age, and especially the new 52 ages where Jason is suddenly almost Dicks age and Tim is only 16 (and Damian suddenly 13) doesn't make much sense imo.
    Artists fall in the tendency of drawing Jason as the second eldest. If anything, Dick is the one who`s been de-age considerably for him and Jason to close the gap. Jason being older can be attributed to the time he`s spent training before he returned to Gotham but is also possible the Pit aged him a year or so. Maybe even training under Ducra could do the trick.

They just haven`t been explicit about it and in general DC`s continuily bumps with chronologies tend to perpetually mess up character`s ages, starting from the Trinity and down.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Artists fall in the tendency of drawing Jason as the second eldest. If anything, Dick is the one who`s been de-age considerably for him and Jason to close the gap. Jason being older can be attributed to the time he`s spent training before he returned to Gotham but is also possible the Pit aged him a year or so. Maybe even training under Ducra could do the trick.

They just haven`t been explicit about it and in general DC`s continuily bumps with chronologies tend to perpetually mess up character`s ages, starting from the Trinity and down.
    I think the fact that they are constantly having to "de-age" Batman is the root of this age mess. If they didn't feel the need to de-age the older generation then the ages of the younger ones would remain constant. Of course then you get into the problem of having a middle aged or older Batman running around still fighting at peak proficiency that would have to be dealt with.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Extraordinary Member

Jasons absolute age makes probaly more sense then the one of the other Robins.

My problem is more the age difference. Jason was Robin for a very short time and Tim took over very soon after his death (even in the original comics it is said that the appeared only month after Jasons Death. So Jason beeing 3-4 years older than Tim (which is implied by current comics) is just strange for me. It really only works if Tim started at a much younger age than Dick and Jason.
    Last edited by Aahz; 11-03-2016 at 01:00 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Well, about that... Tim doesn't have his own entry.

He's mentioned a fair bit, but does not have his own entry.
    Hm, any reason for this?

Yeah I can't believe New 52 made Wonder Woman only 23 (rebirth changed that) and Selina is only 23 too. And putting into perspective Selina was only a teenager when Bruce conceived Damian. New 52 Selina is more age appropriate for Dick and Jason and even Babs (considering Selina's bi) than Bruce. I hate that New 52 was so specific with ages when they should have left some characters ambiguous so their history couldn't be so confined.