Page 192 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242292692 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 15150
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    I've always get annoyed by whenever I see an animated Tim Drake because it usually means they've skipped over Jason or flat out ignore him.
    That`s why I was being technical about it. In this case it isn`t because they wanted to ignore anything but because by the time they wanted to introduce a second Robin, Tim was the one in the comics and didn`t want to lose the current readership. Hence the name.

But of course, it`s Jason.

BANNED

IIRC, this is all nicely laid out by Bruce Timm in his "Modern Masters" volume with a "Death In The Family" ilustration (in his usual animated style) next to the interview in the pages dedicated to the subject.

Extraordinary Member

Would be nice if he would stay on the book, but he should start draw Jason taller, he is supposed to be nearly Bruce height and not a head shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Would be nice if he would stay on the book, but he should start draw Jason taller, he is supposed to be nearly Bruce height and not a head shorter.
    I'm getting flashbacks to when Tim was drawn taller than Jason in a lot of arcs. Heck he is usually even drawn equal height to Dick and even taller than Babs who is meant to be 5'8.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Hell yeah. I really do hope this means he's sticking around. I could really use some good news after the shitty day I just had.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    I'm getting flashbacks to when Tim was drawn taller than Jason in a lot of arcs. Heck he is usually even drawn equal height to Dick and even taller than Babs who is meant to be 5'8.
    I prefer if they give him a bulkier and more intimating look like that.

BANNED

I`m left scratching my head a bit here. I`m aware Tim is draw inconsistantly in terms of heights, but in which arcs was he depicted as taller than Jason?

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

In Robin Rises Tim is taller than Jason but Gleason admitted that was a mistake on his part.

I like more when Jason is drawn lean and toned like when Rocafort or Medri draw him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    In Robin Rises Tim is taller than Jason but Gleason admitted that was a mistake on his part.
    But iirc only in a few images.

I like more when Jason is drawn lean and toned like when Rocafort or Medri draw him.
    Medris Jason iirc relatively bulky or at least intimidating (At least in comparison to Rocafort and Soy).

But my problem with Soy is less the look more how small he is in direct comparison to Bruce.
    Last edited by Aahz; 11-13-2016 at 03:06 PM.

Spectacular Member

Medris Jason iirc relatively bulky or at least intimidating (At least in comparison to Rocafort and Soy).

But my problem with Soy is less the look more how small he is in direct comparison to Bruce.
    He said that Gleason admitted it was a mistake, so that's why it was only a few images.

And I agree with you on Soy. He needs to draw Jason bigger.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

You are aware that is done intentionally to play up the father and sons theme, right?

Extraordinary Member

You are aware that is done intentionally to play up the father and sons theme, right?
    Yeah, but I don't like it.

BANNED

As far as stories go, those aren`t a lot of examples. That and Gleason himself admitting how it didn`t fit are good indicators for the general rule.

Bruce being drawn taller and broader than everyone else is just the nature of the game, tho.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Bruce being drawn taller and broader than everyone else is just the nature of the game, tho.
    But the difference between him and Jason is usually not that big.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    As far as stories go, those aren`t a lot of examples. That and Gleason himself admitting how it didn`t fit are good indicators for the general rule.
    Tims size varies really extremly in the current comics, sometime he is roughly Dicks and Jasons height and than he is suddenly more than a head shorter. Looks for me like they don't give the artists sufficient guidelines/informations.
    Last edited by Aahz; 11-14-2016 at 11:58 AM.