Page 195 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245295695 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 15150
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    I hope Soy stays but one artist filling in here and there is always going to happen sooner or later. Creatives need to catch a break in this publishing format. As long the colorist stays as well and manages to bridge the distinct pallete to whoever comes in, it`s good.
    Having the colorist remain the same might help the transition a bit that's for sure. Having said that though sometimes colorists just don't work well with certain artists. The current artist and colorist mesh perfectly IMO but there's no guarantee that she will work as well with the new artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22
    But they really need to balance that out, it ain`t easy. I kind of know how JT428 feels. RATHO seems like a platform for an artist to show his stuff.
    What they need to do is to get an artist and then stick with them for a bit. This title has had a really bad revolving door policy so far as artists go that could give Arkham a run for its money and that just frustrates me to no end. It feels to me like they are letting the good ones slip through their fingers all the damned time leaving mediocre ones to step into their shoes and I'm sick of it. Not saying this one is in that category at all but. having checked out some of his Deathstroke pages I find it doesn't really excite me as much as Soy's art did. (My own opinion)
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 11-18-2016 at 06:51 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Seriously bummed out at the possibility of Colak replacing Soy as the series' artist. While Colak is a really competent artist, I don't think his pseudo realistic style would work with the bombastic, "action movie" feeling of Lobdell's scripts. Plus that Red Hood sketch shown earlier not only makes the helmet look really busy but Jason himself looks too bulky and not very memorable.

I seriously don't understand DC. Not only Soy mentioned recently to be happy and willing to work on the title but his art is an important element on the book success'. Why make that boneheaded change?

Because having an artistic revolving door is the story of this book's existence. Darn right its a bone-headed move. Soy was the best thing to happen to RH in a damned long time and now they pull this nonsense.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 11-18-2016 at 09:11 PM.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

As far as i know, artist's contract is usually a 6 issue contract, different from writer's 12 issue one. Maybe Soy already had another job offer elsewhere before any plan to renew his RHATO contract takes place. I only hope there is door for him to come back to the title eventually.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Also, Jason is much more interesting when he IS an ordinary kid becoming worthy of being Robin out of sheer stubborness and willpower.
    That was more Steph than Jason. And even Steph is apparently now suddenly a genius .

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Love this cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    That was more Steph than Jason. And even Steph is apparently now suddenly a genius .
    Steph is hardly a genius now. She's just good with computers and solving puzzles. Not the same thing as being a genius.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Steph is hardly a genius now. She's just good with computers and solving puzzles. Not the same thing as being a genius.
    Shes a genius daughter of two genius. She can also make quality costumes out of thin air. This runs contrary to everything steph was pre flashpoint, but oh well.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    She's just good with computers and solving puzzles. Not the same thing as being a genius.
    At least that is afaik something she wasn't was never to shown to be good in pre flashpoint. But we will probably have to way untill we get a more Steph centric story to really see how smart she is now and if it sticks.

But the thing is even she has now something she is good in, and is less ordinary and more badass than before flashpoint. And they did similar things with other characters (Tim beeing a genius and olypic athlete, Dick having body reading), Jason is on the other hand in his new 52 origin imo less bad ass than in the original.
    Last edited by Aahz; 11-19-2016 at 04:36 PM.

At least that is afaik something she wasn't was never to shown to be good in pre flashpoint. But we will probably have to way untill we get a more Steph centric story to really see how smart she is now and if it sticks.

But the thing is even she has now something she is good in, and is less ordinary and more badass than before flashpoint. And they did similar things with other characters (Tim beeing a genius and olypic athlete, Dick having body reading), Jason is on the other hand in his new 52 origin imo less bad ass than in the original.
    Well these days his "stealing the tires from the Batmobile" origin is back in place so the N52 one doesn't really carry the weight it used to anyway.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 11-19-2016 at 10:03 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Well these days his "stealing the tires from the Batmobile" origin is back in place so the N52 one doesn't really carry the weight it used to anyway.
    There are still elements missing or changed, like Jason actually hitting Bruce with the tire iron. And it didn't got more bad ass, like the ones of the other characters.
    Last edited by Aahz; 11-19-2016 at 11:57 PM.

No

Steph was already the daughter of criminal and everything she did stemmed from that. Jason was a poor kid willing to do whatever was necessary to survive in the streets but as long it wouldn't hurt anyone. He wasn't someone with an unrealistic origin like Dick or privileged as Tim, Jason was one of the kids you meet all the time in a big city. THAT was what it made him special.

And quite frankly, as long his heart is in the right place I couldn't care less if he's more or less "badass".

Posts about Steph have been moved to the Steph thread

There are still elements missing or changed, like Jason actually hitting Bruce with the tire iron. And it didn't got more bad ass, like the ones of the other characters.
    Jason hitting Bruce with the tire iron wasn't what made his Post-Crisis origin "bad ass" to me. What did was his managing to steal the tires from the freaking Batmobile. That took balls and I'm happy enough with just that being reinstated as it clearly shows just how bad ass he is.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 11-20-2016 at 08:38 PM.