Page 208 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218258308708 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 15150
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    I'd settle for the white stripe back. Iconic visual and makes him stand out amongst the robins.
    "Iconic" is hugely debatable, it has only showed up twice in more than a decade, one wasn't really Jason and the other was with Morrison. The animated movie that is from which most people are familiar with Jason nowadays doesn't have it either.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Tried that, no one liked it
    I think there were artists who made it look better. And it doesn't have to be this hair cut. But it is imo the easiest way to make the robins look different, and in this picture one reason why he looks like Dick.

I like the idea of a scar through the eyebrow though.
    Scars are also OK, aslong as it is not the J scar from the arkham games.

"Iconic" is hugely debatable, it has only showed up twice in more than a decade, one wasn't really Jason and the other was with Morrison. The animated movie that is from which most people are familiar with Jason nowadays doesn't have it either.
    But it is still quite popular among fanartists.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I think there were artists who made it look better. And it doesn't have to be this hair cut. But it is imo the easiest way to make the robins look different, and in this picture one reason why he looks like Dick.
    No other artist bothered on using that haircut. Soy has found a good way to draw Jason anyways.

But it is still quite popular among fanartists.
    Your point being? Yaoi is also quite popular among fanartists.

BANNED

And it kind of looks good or can look good and be distinctive, that`s maybe part of the point.

Anyhow, it`s all asthetics and it all depends on artists.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    And it kind of looks good or can look good and be distinctive, that`s maybe part of the point.

Anyhow, it`s all asthetics and it all depends on artists.
    That wasn't the argument though. The argument was on how accurate was to claim the skunk stripe is "iconic" despite only being used on two stories more than a decade now. If anything, the actual iconic look of Jason would be this one

Oh, and have another tease of March's upcoming Variant

BANNED

I`ll give it to you on the iconic. On the same note, it could easily be made iconic tho. It`s distinctive enough and doesn`t visually detract the character. It`s a layer.

Really, really sad that the change of artists on variants but really really happy that it`s March.

I`ll give it to you on the iconic. On the same note, it could easily be made iconic tho. It`s distinctive enough and doesn`t visually detract the character. It`s a layer.
    Is been more than a decade since DC used the skunk stripe, I'd say that makes pretty clear that is not how they want to market the character.

Is been more than a decade since DC used the skunk stripe, I'd say that makes pretty clear that is not how they want to market the character.
    Was told by someone in the know that the white stripe was acknowledged by DC as heavily requested in Rebirth, and actually got written in the first drafts of RHATO. Let's see if it's scrapped or reserved for later.

That said, thanks Mikel Janin for stealth adding it in that Grayson issue of RW.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 12-25-2016 at 02:44 AM.

I agree on this assessment. The robins pretty much look the same and a white stripe would make Jason stand out. Also I can't picture Rogue without her iconic skunk stripe, so Jason having a similar visual would make him more recognizable. Having a visual marker could help his "brand" recognition.

the stripe is pretty "iconic" amongst the fandom from what I've seen and with comic book artists drawing Tim, Jason and Dick as pretty much the same I can easily see why fandom gravitates toward the idea of the stripe.
    Last edited by RedQueen; 12-25-2016 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Was told by someone in the know that the white stripe was acknowledged by DC as heavily requested in Rebirth, and actually got written in the first drafts of RHATO. Let's see if it's scrapped or reserved for later.

That said, thanks Mikel Janin for stealth adding it in that Grayson issue of RW.
    After five issues in, I think we can safely assume the idea was scrapped once again.

Extraordinary Member

He had him actually in Futures End.

And I don't think that many of Jasons fans would have a problem if the stripe would return (opposed giving him red hair again).

Even some DC Artists draw him with the stripe in comissions/fan art like for example Marcus To.

I agree on this assessment. The robins pretty much look the same and a white stripe would make Jason stand out. Also I can't picture Rogue without her iconic skunk stripe, so Jason having a similar visual would make him more recognizable. Having a visual marker could help his "brand" recognition.

the stripe is pretty "iconic" amongst the fandom from what I've seen and with comic book artists drawing Tim, Jason and Dick as pretty much the same I can easily see why fandom gravitates toward the idea of the stripe.
    This 100% I like Jason with the stripe it makes him easily recognisable amongst the often clone like batboys and it's a good look on him.

https://twitter.com/ColakMirko/statu...27928077398016

Please drop a mention to Roy, please drop a mention to Roy

Killer Croc!

I am really liking what Mirako is showing so far and I can't wait to see his final work!

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    This 100% I like Jason with the stripe it makes him easily recognisable amongst the often clone like batboys and it's a good look on him.
    I would love to see Jason with the white strpe again too.

Come on, DC. Bring it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    He had him actually in Futures End.
    You mean this?

That is not a stripe, that is his hair being damp due an injury, the blood is even trickling down his face.

Even some DC Artists draw him with the stripe in comissions/fan art like for example Marcus To.
    That is the functional word, in that case they will draw Jason as the commissioner wishes. I actually went looking at To's galleries and all the times he has drawn Jason unmasked is with commissions.

Honestly, I don't think that the stripe is needed. At this point it simply feels like some fans wanting him to be "an special snowflake" even though the complexions of the boys have been quite varied from a while now. Issues about the boys looking too similar come down to lazy/bad artists not bothering to be accurate with them.