Page 251 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261301351751 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 15150

I saw stuff recently about Jason post-DoTF and that he was going to be disfigured permanently and then I was reading Batman #17 and it looks as though it was a late change as in that Jason kept his Bandages on his face in the main story, but not in the epilogue. Just some interesting but pointless stuff.

red-hood.jpg
    url1.jpg
    Last edited by Red obin; 04-09-2017 at 01:15 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    It was a fun comic. Some of the issues were kinda dull and had continuity errors, but when they got good, they were good. The artist, Luciano Vecchio, mentioned that the kid was only supposed to resemble Jason as a nod to him. Though considering the show has ended, I'm headcannoning him as being him.
    Love finding out about these sorta things. I`m making it part of my headcanon now. Not only it is a clear nod, down to cloathes and hair you have him using a knive in one of these panels.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Same. It would fit with the show's MO of doing different things (unknown enemies, a more involved Alfred, a jerkass Harvey Dent, Barbara as Oracle instead of Batgirl, etc.).
    I can always respect somehing diffferent.

The Tim Quan bit is hilarious.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 04-09-2017 at 06:04 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    yeah I wish they somehow transferred Jason's death to somewhere in Gotham or at least in america. To me it would be more of a personal effect if it was in Gotham. I'm don't mind Jason's "death" in Arkham Knight, cause to me that is a much more easier way to do Jason being "dead" and then coming back as red hood than trying to incorporate lazarus pit stuff, but props to them if they can pull that off in the movies.
    I like the whole 3-way so far: Warn torn location, Miller`s Gotham dead end and Ak`s pshycological torture and they all fit the bigger stories. In the case of the original take the main reason I guess it wouldn`t be Gotham was that Death In The Family suceeds The Killing Joke. After what happens with Barbara the Joker was way too hot for either Gordon and the superhero commmunity that wanted to get their hands on him. He was laying low to disappear for awhile and went somewhere else incognito.

Really excited to see what the creative team has in mind. While others have talked about it, this is the first time we`ll read it from Jay`s first person narration. I`m almost sure they will include his real mother in the chase, a detail that has been neglected ever since.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yagha View Post
    Speaking of Arkham Knight, I just remembered a question that I wanted to ask here:

So Batman receives the tape of Jason getting 'shot' six months after his disappearance, but earlier during on the Joker had shown Jason pictures of Tim Drake to taunt him. So, what, Jason disappears one day, Batman can't find him and just gives up with no evidence whatsoever? Then gets a new Robin and some time later the tape in the mail?

I'm not the biggest fan of the Arkham series, but this just seems beyond ridiculous.
    There`s the thing abot Batman knowing the Joker too well to not believe him. If I recall, in the actual comics, a Lonely Place of Dying (introduction of Drake) didn`t happen that long affter DITF but that period in between isn`t explored in the Knight verse for us to know how Drake got the role (I admit I haven`t played the whole series, so maybe it was..?). The only thing I recall from another game (A:City I think) in the series is Tim tracking Joker to a funhouse and him mocking him about what happened to Jason.

But yeah, it`s the game`s timeline main plothole when you put it that way.

Hey, a funhouse in the Gotham limits...there`s macabre.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    There`s the thing abot Batman knowing the Joker too well to not believe him. If I recall, in the actual comics, a Lonely Place of Dying (introduction of Drake) didn`t happen that long affter DITF but that period in between isn`t explored in the Knight verse for us to know how Drake got the role (I admit I haven`t played the whole series, so maybe it was..?). The only thing I recall from another game (A:City I think) in the series is Tim tracking Joker to a funhouse and him mocking him about what happened to Jason.
    a Lonely Place of Dying was iirc set just a few month after DitF.
    With the Arkham verse and the time line there is anyway the problem that before Arkham Knight they never reall explored what happened wit Jason.

And if you look at the comics things are anyway a little bit wired when it comes to Tim, you can see him allready chat with Barbara in her origin story and later in the Arkham Knight comics he is allready a heigh school teacher and and he marries Barbara, so it seems that he is at least Jasons age or even older.

BANNED

Was it only really a month? Geezz, did that backtracted real fast Denis

It seems that in the Arkham verse, Tim was already an aquaintance with the rest throught Barbara. I can buy a six month period when he helps the rest trying to find out what happened to Jason but eventually finding no clues left by the Joker. Him becoming Robin doesn`t strike me as lack of respect since it was Joker who played out the whole "he replaced you angle" over and over to torment and condition Jason.

Tim could have either become Robin until evidence pop up and then stayed with everyone slowly accepting the likability of the outcome. Again, something that could have been easily expanded with dialogue along the series and a less tigh timeline. DC related characters and timelines have series marital issues.

Still is a great game, so don`t let that spoil the fun.

Extraordinary Member

Was it only really a month?
    No several months, it is not really defined in the comics.
    If you go by later established dates, Jason died in April (but that was only established after UtRH) and Tim became Robin arround christmas after 6 month of training, you end up with roughly 2 month.

BANNED

I only ever read A Lonely Place in trade once and had a blank of the publication data. Batman#440 is where it starts, right? Jason dies in #429, so yeah 11 issues in between.

I first meant publication wise but true enough in-story Tim shows up real soon with meeting Dick first.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    I saw stuff recently about Jason post-DoTF and that he was going to be disfigured permanently and then I was reading Batman #17 and it looks as though it was a late change as in that Jason kept his Bandages on his face in the main story, but not in the epilogue. Just some interesting but pointless stuff
    Hard to tell how serious they were. That`s the coolest set of covers of the original volume and I could see where they could go with it. I`m guessing they wanted to have a feel of how the fanbase felt beforehand (but a bit silly expecting anyone riding along with it after one arc or something).

It still works in a simbolic manner, regardless of what ideas they had. It screams acid scars quite visually. I bet that`s what the Office said to themselves.

Extraordinary Member

Why are you posting a picture of Dick?

Extraordinary Member

I only ever read A Lonely Place in trade once and had a blank of the publication data. Batman#440 is where it starts, right? Jason dies in #429, so yeah 11 issues in between.

I first meant publication wise but true enough in-story Tim shows up real soon with meeting Dick first.
    Technically Jason died allready in Batman #427 and Tims first appearence (as little kid in a flashback) was in Batman #436.

In Universe the only real in info in A Lonley Place of Dying is that Two face stats that Roin was hiding for Months when he encounters Tim in costume in Batman #442.

It was anyway in and out of Universe quite soon after Jasons Death.

It would have of couse been interstin to see the Arkham Verse version of Tim's origin to, to really see how Batman made him Robin that fast. But they never did him and and Dick, only Jason and Barbara.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Why are you posting a picture of Dick?
    Because I thought it was this dude

tumblr_mb6v87Y8FU1qh75xeo7_500.jpg

Which shows how long I`ve watched it to not remember the difference in the hairdo.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    That by the way was a terrible way to use Jason.
    It wasn't that great but it wasn't that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Honestly at this point I'm not interested on getting more focus on his time as Robin. That's water under the bridge, let's focus on the present.
    I would like just see one good modern take on his time as Robin, and not just only flashbacks.