Page 3 of 1010 FirstFirst 123456713531035031003 ... LastLast
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    Speaking of the outerspace adventures, am I the only one that things RHatO would make an incredible galaxy spanning book on the regular? Jason, Roy, and Kory could be bounty hunters, but (mostly) only go after wanted criminals. It would allow for plenty of badassery, it could still have them toeing the line of "good guys," as they would be doing it as a profession rather than a "crusade" like Bruce and the rest of the family. It would essentially do for Jason the same thing that "Grayson" is doing for Dick: allowing him space from the crossovers, giving him a clear direction, and giving him his owl "realm" within the DCU.
    I wouldn't mind that actually. I've enjoyed the space adventures a lot.

Speaking of the outerspace adventures, am I the only one that things RHatO would make an incredible galaxy spanning book on the regular? Jason, Roy, and Kory could be bounty hunters, but (mostly) only go after wanted criminals. It would allow for plenty of badassery, it could still have them toeing the line of "good guys," as they would be doing it as a profession rather than a "crusade" like Bruce and the rest of the family. It would essentially do for Jason the same thing that "Grayson" is doing for Dick: allowing him space from the crossovers, giving him a clear direction, and giving him his owl "realm" within the DCU.
    You aren't! I love that idea, even brought it up pre-CBR Flashpoint. Maybe have Amanda Waller (or whoever, really) proposition them with exoneration in exchange for collecting space bounties?

I mean, the title is basically Cowboy Bebop-lite already. Jason has Spike's cool as a cucumber disposition, Kori has Faye's memory loss (is that even still a thing??) and Roy, like Jet, is our comic relief with a barely touched upon back story. Throw in Crux, get Isabelle accidentally wrapped up in the shenanigans, cushion a slow burning story line with one/two issue non sequitur stories and there you have it.

Maybe they're hunting Lobo? The All-Caste? The Untitled? Komand'r and the Thirteen, whatever that is, assuming it hasn't been explored elsewhere? I don't know.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    You aren't! I love that idea, even brought it up pre-CBR Flashpoint. Maybe have Amanda Waller (or whoever, really) proposition them with exoneration in exchange for collecting space bounties?

I mean, the title is basically Cowboy Bebop-lite already. Jason has Spike's cool as a cucumber disposition, Kori has Faye's memory loss (is that even still a thing??) and Roy, like Jet, is our comic relief with a barely touched upon back story. Throw in Crux, get Isabelle accidentally wrapped up in the shenanigans, cushion a slow burning story line with one/two issue non sequitur stories and there you have it.

Maybe they're hunting Lobo? The All-Caste? The Untitled? Komand'r and the Thirteen, whatever that is, assuming it hasn't been explored elsewhere? I don't know.
    Not to mention, both Jet and Roy are tech guys. Yeah, I made the Cowboy Bebop comparison a long time ago too, and wouldn't be surprised if that's where Lobdell got his ideas from.

Though I'd probably just make them Earth-boud hunters, and go into space occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post

I love your Cowboy Bebop comparasion. Man, now I'm going to have to pull that out to watch sometime soon. That could be an interesting direction to take it in. They could even have a few stories where they return to earth because one of their bounties fled there just to mix it up a little. I could really get into a title like that.

Yeah, the cowboy bebop direction would make this a must buy for me, rather than a casual check it out from time to time that it is for me now. Plus, it would give the Batfamily a more sci-fi type title, which would make that line of books a bit more well rounded. I feel like DC in general is lacking in that area right now to be honest.

Incredible Member

I grew up with Dick Grayson as Robin, but in the 80's got back with comics and loved the Jason Todd Robin. He is actually my favorite Robin.

Yeah, the cowboy bebop direction would make this a must buy for me, rather than a casual check it out from time to time that it is for me now. Plus, it would give the Batfamily a more sci-fi type title, which would make that line of books a bit more well rounded. I feel like DC in general is lacking in that area right now to be honest.
    Yeah, I wish DC had more in the way of sci-fi myself or at least something besides Lantern titles. Don't get me wrong I'm really enjoying a few titles there but I'd like something else as well.

P00015.jpg

Dont get the hate

I LOVED when they brought him back as an villain/anti-hero in Under the Red Hood but they either made him a weak villain or an even weaker hero/anti-hero since then. Go back to being against Batman and showing him why your method is better.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardNigma View Post
    I LOVED when they brought him back as an villain/anti-hero in Under the Red Hood but they either made him a weak villain or an even weaker hero/anti-hero since then. Go back to being against Batman and showing him why your method is better.
    You need to keep in mind than that direction was death on arrival since they'd never allowed Jason to off some of the major rogues making his whole argument pointless (I mean, Captain Nazi (?) was offered as an scapegoat on UTRH and he showed later on another title just fine)

Incredible Member

I wish there was a big "Legends of Jason Todd" book available, that reprinted highlights from his career as Robin.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Just found this AMAZING fanart on tumblr telling on broad strokes Jason's Pre52 story

http://jaybru1.tumblr.com/post/84787866403 Part 1
    http://jaybru1.tumblr.com/post/84788074203 Part 2
    http://jaybru1.tumblr.com/post/84788248503 Part 3
    http://jaybru1.tumblr.com/post/84789069813 Part 4

Shame that Jason's N52 origin isn't clear, I'd love to see something like this about it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    You need to keep in mind than that direction was death on arrival since they'd never allowed Jason to off some of the major rogues making his whole argument pointless (I mean, Captain Nazi (?) was offered as an scapegoat on UTRH and he showed later on another title just fine)
    Yeah unless Jason can actually cap the Joker, there's no point in exploring that direction.

I like Spike Spiegel Jason more than Frank Castle Jason anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Yeah, Jason would never be allowed to cap the Joker of all people so it's pointless to keep him on that track. He'll never get anywhere with it and the stories would become played out pretty quickly. It was getting that way already before the reboot anyway so I'm glad the took him in a different direction with it.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG