Page 310 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 210260300306307308309310311312313314320360410810 ... LastLast
Results 4,636 to 4,650 of 15150

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    That's no "quick learner" but full blown Mary Sue.
    Be that as it may, these moments are far and few in between, at least compared to what writers write of the other robins. It's okay to savor it once in a while. Unlike some batfam stories, at least no major characters were brought down in order to elevate Jason. Talia isn't counted since the reason she couldn't do it was probably due to her affiliation.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 05-28-2017 at 05:05 AM.

BANNED

That's no "quick learner" but full blown Mary Sue.

One thing is for Jason to be skilled as Lobdell shown on issue 2's montage of his training with the All Caste. Those pages though go straight into idiotic with Jason being able to perfectly execute an "arcane, all powerful punch" just by seeing it once.

And the way is used again with Ra's? That's writing so terrible that not even Saturday Morning Cartoons would use it.
    It`s not even as Loedbell shown, he was already an adapter before.

I`m not praising Tynion`s take on narrative prowess, I`m humorly pointing out that Jason is a quick learner, especially in combat context - hence the Dragonball mention. But just because his take was the lowest point of the whole volume doesn`t mean I can`t bring my enjoyment on little things. Talia being rotten because she`s a Al Ghul, unlike Jason, is one.

Besides, stuff like this is so easily editable it`s not funny. You can literally keep the move with just a few narrative tweeks without losing the component that the writer tried to tell but came short.

The biggest problem with fan films (aside of budget and questionably talented actors) is that creators can't help themselves with making their own take on iconic scenes from the comic regardless if it works with the bigger narrative or not. This is especially notorious with Jason since every single one has to have either a debate about methods with the Batfamily, a fight with the Joker or both.
    That`s a present creative issue with any adaptation. Creators making their own take on characters I love to read is part of the interest.

There`s at least one fan-movie where they don`t lose sleep over explaining those points but if you`re having Batman or Joker around - and you can`t blink at them for using it, it`s part of the iconography of Red Hood - then you have to point the Elephant in the Room. Those differences help set the dinamics. Dinamics help set interactions. Interactions help make the characters pop.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 05-28-2017 at 05:14 AM.

Amazing Member

The stream just started and the chat erupted immediately with people asking for Red Hood lol

Mighty Member

lmao that's how I feel too. I mean the Top is gonna be pretty good, but I wanna see that specifically.

BANNED

The hype is real

Where are you guys following the stream?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    The hype is real

Where are you guys following the stream?
    I'm on netherrealms twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/netherrealm . Seriously though these fights are pretty good if you guys like IJ2, even if you're just waiting for Red Hood.

Mighty Member

Trailer leaked early https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0lGrgyuCs8 It looks good!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    Trailer leaked early https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0lGrgyuCs8 It looks good!!
    I love his battle style! I'm gonna play the hell out of him!

I wish he had specific lines with other characters instead of pre-recorded ones though... The one Damian uses here is from his confrontation with Batman.

BANNED

Gun Fu!

BANNED

Looks like someone beat me to it!

Anyone notice the use of the gauntlets as if they`re the All Caste energy swords? Powa!

Nice mix of hard hitting, zoning and trap game. As expected.

Hype hype hype!! I love his mix of tools.