Page 392 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 292342382388389390391392393394395396402442492892 ... LastLast
Results 5,866 to 5,880 of 15150
    BANNED

Oh, look two more Outlaws

Bummer that Bizarro looks a Skin, tho.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post

Oh, look two more Outlaws

Bummer that Bizarro looks a Skin, tho.
    Starfire mad about Dick is wonderful. I see alot of people are excited for Bizzaro.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    Starfire mad about Dick is wonderful. I see alot of people are excited for Bizzaro.
    Hopefully it is packed with other premier skins. Injustice 2 needs more premier skins.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

As I2 proved, a lot of people is eager to see the OG Outlaws outside comics, so I believe there's a definite possibility for them to appear in YJ. There's a second Roy available and there's no Titans for Starfire to belong so the Outlaws seem like a logical pick.

Also hoping there's a reference to the Outlaws on Jason and Kori's interactions.

Anyways, this SDCC is another example of the way DC continues to give RHATO the cold shoulder. Every other book gets at least a mention on their panels but RHATO may as well no exist for them.

Well I like Kings Jason so I'm excited.
    I have to ask. What's there to like about King's Jason?

He writes Jason as an immature brat that runs away from taking responsibility of his actions, as an alcoholic, put them at the bottom of his "who's the best fighter" list and then, when called out about it, said Ace the Bathound was a better fighter than Jason. After months of hyping up the Robins' appearance on Batman, he takes them out off panel just to show them hanged from the batcave's ceiling for shock value before forgetting all about them.
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 07-21-2017 at 10:11 PM.

Dexter Soy brings happiness to Jason fans again. Blessed.

Mighty Member

I like his portrayal in Robin War/ Grayson just fine and didn't think it was ooc. I am Bane was a huge mess for well everyone, but I enjoyed the 1 scene we had of the boys together. When did Jason run away from responsibility. Also I dont care about lists. The fact that it riled up Tim, Bruce,Babs, and Jason fans was more hilarious than anything.

When did Jason run away from responsibility.
    I'm gonna take a stab in the dark here as to what that may allude to, and this was a issue that I had with his portrayal in Robin War but, that scene where Jason gets the War kids to take the tires from a bunch of mobster cars felt slightly off to me. I mean, whilst the line, (paraphrasing) "Dicks gonna be so mad when they shot. Gotta find a way to blame it on Tim somehow", is humorous sure, for a more slacker kind of character, it felt ooc to me. Wasnt a major part of Jasons moral code to protect children and make sure they didnt get hurt in the crossfire? Why would he be so blase about kids dying on his watch? And then seriously contemplate how to throw that responsibility of HIS own supposed irresponsibility.

Mighty Member

I like his portrayal in Robin War/ Grayson just fine and didn't think it was ooc. I am Bane was a huge mess for well everyone, but I enjoyed the 1 scene we had of the boys together. When did Jason run away from responsibility. Also I dont care about lists. The fact that it riled up Tim, Bruce,Babs, and Jason fans was more hilarious than anything.
    People took the tweet too seriously. It's obvious King was poking fun at the end. Even Seeley joined it. And with King comparing Jason to Ace the Bat-Hound, the nerd rage was over the roof. Or should I say woof.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    I'm gonna take a stab in the dark here as to what that may allude to, and this was a issue that I had with his portrayal in Robin War but, that scene where Jason gets the War kids to take the tires from a bunch of mobster cars felt slightly off to me. I mean, whilst the line, (paraphrasing) "Dicks gonna be so mad when they shot. Gotta find a way to blame it on Tim somehow", is humorous sure, for a more slacker kind of character, it felt ooc to me. Wasnt a major part of Jasons moral code to protect children and make sure they didnt get hurt in the crossfire? Why would he be so blase about kids dying on his watch? And then seriously contemplate how to throw that responsibility of HIS own supposed irresponsibility.
    Exactly.

That line was incredibly jarring because Jason has been shown multiple times through RHATO to consider dead a serious topic and he knows what is to put your life in the line every day fighting for something you believe in. So, having him say that (and if it was a joke, it was awfully delivered) makes clear King doesn't understand his character at all.

As for the list, I'd like to see if the fans were so understanding if it would've done by Lobdell and Dick were the one at the bottom. Or god forbid, Cassandra.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Gotcha and I can see that. Of course the entire situation with the kids was irresponsible and tbh the law in general would've been fine without the owl plot. Tbh, I keep thinking back to Alfred approving of the mess as the biggest offense and little irresponsible things from the boys didn't even register.

Extraordinary Member

The only part with Jason in Robin War I liked was the prison break issue which was written by Bermejo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    People took the tweet too seriously. It's obvious King was poking fun at the end. Even Seeley joined it. And with King comparing Jason to Ace the Bat-Hound, the nerd rage was over the roof. Or should I say woof.
    Everyone at deep level understood just fine that they wanted to rile people up but that sort of stuff fixes some numbers. I knew the intent the moment Mark fudging Waid chimmed in a classic joke about crowbars like it was the 90`s again. Oh, old men and nostalgia.

Luckily and this is likely what matters, the actual products don`t reflect that so intead a nerd battle about Dick being booted by Cass like a newbie we have a few writers willing to take jabs at the rebellious pup - whereas Dick gets all the love. Since I care more about the product.. let them stroke

But the downside is that less marketing gives less chances of published material. The only thing that sucks right now is the lack of commitment from office in marketing the book, which continues to happen. They have a popular character with a growing fandom but don`t market it - that`s shoddy weird business.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Exactly.

That line was incredibly jarring because Jason has been shown multiple times through RHATO to consider dead a serious topic and he knows what is to put your life in the line every day fighting for something you believe in. So, having him say that (and if it was a joke, it was awfully delivered) makes clear King doesn't understand his character at all.
    I kinda see he wanted to write witty banter but that wasn`t it. I liked the part of stealing tires as a sort of bonding exam but the dialogue wasn`t the smartest. Best thing out of Robin:War by far was the prison break. Actually, acratch that, it was the only worthy sene out of R:War. Characters should be maleagable but some fundamentals be set. Jason`s no sell about kids is one of those rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    As for the list, I'd like to see if the fans were so understanding if it would've done by Lobdell and Dick were the one at the bottom. Or god forbid, Cassandra.

BANNED

Btw, looking at web at large and comic book/visual media based communities, the response about the lack of response of Jason Todd material in YJ3 is overhelming negative. Particularly about how cold shoulder they seemed in giving any references or future ideas.

DC tends to be ways smarter about Jason in other media, he`s totally showing up and catching the fanbase by surprise.