Page 41 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141541 ... LastLast
    BANNED

This interview says "his two sons". So Damian is biological and Jason adopted. Dick and Tim were never adopted?

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Interesting interview though I'm not entirely sure that I'm looking forward to seeing this version of Jason again.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    That's awesome! I'm really hyped for this mini series!
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

The Max Allan Collins collection of Jason stories is the most exciting news for me lately. I hope they collect the Starlin stuff.

I liked pre-Crisis Jason, at least his stories, so I hope more of those get collected. More Conway or Moench basically. When he dressed up in Dick's costume and helped Batman take out Joker in Guatemala. His first pre-Crisis outing against Crazy Quilt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    This interview says "his two sons". So Damian is biological and Jason adopted. Dick and Tim were never adopted?
    Well, Dick was just in his custody, but he did adopt Tim and Cassandra. Of course, Cass is a daughter not a son, and Tim became an emancipated minor shortly after Bruce made the show of good will and adopted him, so technically Damian Wayne and "Presumed Deceased by the Public" Jason Todd are the only two official on-paper Sons of Batman.

That said, I get the impression they're just only referring to the two Robins involved in this storyline because Dick's off in Nightwing/Oracle and Tim's over in Batgirl.

Sidenote: I love the hybrid Frank Quitely costume. I liked the silly pillbox spandex outfit from Morrison's story - for that story. It's a great design that truly conveys three things; 1. In this story he's an Anti-Batman, specifically a perfect nemesis for Dick. 2. He's a fusion of "Batman" and "The Red Hood", a son of two fathers, sort of. 3. In a lot of ways Jason is a late-80s/early-90s cliche of a character and that can be conveyed through a hyper-90s almost Image take on a superhero costume, and a Punisher skull on the chest (one could imagine him drawn by Todd McFarlane or something)

Actually four things! Because it's also a pure homage to Red Mask from Animal Man, and a bit of the masque of the red death themes.

But I was really stoked when Winick (even though the art quality dipped) did the hybrid where he mixed it with the previous "Under the Hood" look. It's a surprisingly solid design, a sort of "best of both worlds" look, and manages to carry and convey all the same themes and design elements and symbolism while representing a bit of sea change or growth.

So basically what I'm saying is I'm really excited to see that costume in action by my two favorite artists in DC history.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Well, Dick was just in his custody, but he did adopt Tim and Cassandra. Of course, Cass is a daughter not a son, and Tim became an emancipated minor shortly after Bruce made the show of good will and adopted him, so technically Damian Wayne and "Presumed Deceased by the Public" Jason Todd are the only two official on-paper Sons of Batman.

That said, I get the impression they're just only referring to the two Robins involved in this storyline because Dick's off in Nightwing/Oracle and Tim's over in Batgirl.
    He officially adopted Dick as well, though not until comparatively late, when he was already an adult and had moved out and was living in Bludhaven. It happened in Gotham Knights, with the offer being made in #17, and the two of them going to file the papers in #21. More a symbolic gesture than a practical one, made because he knew it would mean something to Dick. Though I guess being made son and heir to a billionaire is actually something fairly substantial, even without the unspoken cape and cowl that goes with it.

The wording of the "two sons" reference gave me much the same impression; that it was the two sons who were present in the comic, without either confirming or denying any other adoptions he might have undertaken.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

The way Marz talks about "the sons of Batman" makes me think that this story will pass the page on Bruce and Jason issues, bringing their relationship closer to the N52 version.

Awesome news if that is the case since it means DC has settled on a direction for Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    The way Marz talks about "the sons of Batman" makes me think that this story will pass the page on Bruce and Jason issues, bringing their relationship closer to the N52 version.

Awesome news if that is the case since it means DC has settled on a direction for Jason.
    I'd be all for some sort of closure there myself since I think it may have eventually happened at some point anyway even if the reboot hadn't happened but still seeing him in that particular costume brings to mind how he was treated just prior to be reboot, which I loathed.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jules View Post
    He officially adopted Dick as well, though not until comparatively late, when he was already an adult and had moved out and was living in Bludhaven. It happened in Gotham Knights, with the offer being made in #17, and the two of them going to file the papers in #21. More a symbolic gesture than a practical one, made because he knew it would mean something to Dick. Though I guess being made son and heir to a billionaire is actually something fairly substantial, even without the unspoken cape and cowl that goes with it.

The wording of the "two sons" reference gave me much the same impression; that it was the two sons who were present in the comic, without either confirming or denying any other adoptions he might have undertaken.
    An adoption can happen at any age and in any circumstances. I mean, I can legally adopt some 98 year-old granny as my daughter if we both want to do it. But isn't it kind of a slap in Dick's face that Bruce wanted to adopt a car-thieving street kid and not him?

I love this sooo freking much! OMGEEEEE!!!!!! YAYAYAYA!!

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    The Max Allan Collins collection of Jason stories is the most exciting news for me lately. I hope they collect the Starlin stuff.

I liked pre-Crisis Jason, at least his stories, so I hope more of those get collected. More Conway or Moench basically. When he dressed up in Dick's costume and helped Batman take out Joker in Guatemala. His first pre-Crisis outing against Crazy Quilt.
    I'm looking forward to the Max Allan Collins collection myself and I hope it leads to other collections of Jason's time as Robin, particularly the pre-Crisis stories. DC has never really done much about collecting any those stories beyond Death in the Family and The Cult and trying to come up with the individual issues is a real pain.

An adoption can happen at any age and in any circumstances. I mean, I can legally adopt some 98 year-old granny as my daughter if we both want to do it. But isn't it kind of a slap in Dick's face that Bruce wanted to adopt a car-thieving street kid and not him?
    I don't think it's a slap in the face. I think Bruce saw that Jason needed it more. Dick was more stable.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

Jason`s life was harsher. But pre crisis, Dick was the one willing to adopt Jason in the first place.

Well from the reports come June RHatO is gone, and surprisingly its Starfire who comes out with a solo. Though further reports are indicating a Red Hood/Arsenal book by Scott Lobdell too. Which i can't say sounds very inspiring. Shame.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-07-2015 at 12:22 AM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

'Red Hood/Arsenal' by writer Scott Lobdell & artist Denis Medri"

Their friendship is the best thing from RHATO and they will make an AWESOME team, Lobdell remains on writing duties and Denis Medri is an excellent choice for the book

http://denism79.deviantart.com/

Sign me the F*** UP!

So long Kori, you won't be missed.