Page 426 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 326376416422423424425426427428429430436476526926 ... LastLast
Results 6,376 to 6,390 of 15150

I have an opinion that will be controversial especially on this thread
    I desperately hope red hood is not brought into other media, in my opinion he is over exposed now. I like him in the comics but everywhere else he is portrayed as the 'cool,' 'rebel' robin which gets old fast and leads to people such as many youtubers loving him. IN reality he draws attention away from others like Tim who gets dumped as dork robin nowadays a lot which he shouldn't- read the robin series. I'm bored of the amount of people who a clamouring for an under the red hood movie at this point after the last few years.

Once again I want to say I like him in the comics as he makes sense there and is written better due to character development.

At first this could seem like i'm a butthurt Tim fan due to my profile but trust me I'm not, I just want the other robins to be addressed and not ignored like in the DCNAU. As the same also goes for Steph and Cass.

Cowers in fear from Todd fans
    Last edited by Red obin; 08-13-2017 at 11:55 AM.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

Extraordinary Member

I have to say that I think if you want to see Tim, Damian, Steph, Cass, etc., you kind of have to want Red Hood to make the jump to live action. Because if he does, that proves to Warner Brothers that multiple Robins can work with a mainstream audience, allowing for an expansion of the Batfamily.

And Red Hood gives Jason that storytelling edge to expand. In either an anatagonistic or "prodigal son" manner, he allows creators to examine Batman's legacy and parenting skills, and there's a natural impulse to use him as a foil with Nightwing.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Extraordinary Member

I don't think that Jason would really be a "thread" for Tim in other media. If I look at stuff like Young Justice, the Arkham games or Injustice, they seem usually to jump over Jasons time as Robin, so he is not taking much away from Tim.

But they shouldn't do Under the Red Hood as the first DCEU Batman movie, they should probaly use the first movie to introduce the th Batfamily and a new Robin (if they want to bring in one).

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    he draws attention away from others like Tim who gets dumped as dork robin
    You do you if that's your opinion but Rhato actually has very little advertising for the only Jason focused issue currently happening and Tim most definitely isn't being brushed off as dork considering how hard the writers are trying to play/tease with his "death".

Jason has more presence in the youtube community most likely because he appears more in games. Tim has more emphasis in animation and played robins role for quite a while where jason about doesn't show up in DC shows aside from his suit. If anything I feel its a good thing Jason is expanding into games. For a long time writers have a history of not knowing what to do with his role and I assure you, letting Jason get to settle into his niche with Rhato runs and featuring in games is not something that's taking away from Tim. I like Tim too but I'm not going to ask other robins keep out of media so room can be made for a fav.

Mighty Member

I desperately hope red hood is not brought into other media, in my opinion he is over exposed now. I like him in the comics but everywhere else he is portrayed as the 'cool,' 'rebel' robin which gets old fast and leads to people such as many youtubers loving him. IN reality he draws attention away from others like Tim who gets dumped as dork robin nowadays a lot which he shouldn't- read the robin series. I'm bored of the amount of people who a clamouring for an under the red hood movie at this point after the last few years.

Once again I want to say I like him in the comics as he makes sense there and is written better due to character development.

At first this could seem like i'm a butthurt Tim fan due to my profile but trust me I'm not, I just want the other robins to be addressed and not ignored like in the DCNAU. As the same also goes for Steph and Cass.

Jason is actually more tragic, since he is remembered as the Robin who failed and died. It's the core of the character which he can't escape. You compare Tim to Jason, but try comparing Tim to Dick and you will know what overshadow means.

Amazing Member

Not to be rude but this is rich coming from a Tim fan

But I have to ask how is Jason overexposed? He's been in one animated movie and two video games both of which have been the latest entries of their franchises and most likely won't be returning in future installments since the Arkham series is more or less dead and Boon doesn't like repeating DLC characters. Him and Tim have basically been retconned out of existence by the people behind the animated movies in favor of Damian.

Like at least Tim is the current robin in Young Justice and Jason is yet again skipped over as the dead robin.

Also Cass and Stephanie getting ignored is more in favor of Barbara Gordon as the main Batgirl and Didio being an idiot than anything to do with Todd

If anyone has been overexposed and pushing Tim as the dork robin it's Damian and I LIKE Damian, but I can't deny how hated Damian is in the mainstream yet DC still continues to push him as THE main robin and ignoring Tim in other media.

Edit: THIS ^^^^

He gets one game and suddenly he is 'overexposed', what?
    Last edited by RedBird; 08-13-2017 at 02:50 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    He gets one game and suddenly he is 'overexposed', what?
    2 games, an animated film, tons of merch, and within the comics, he's had his name in the title of a book basically non-stop for 6 years. The middle 3 BatKids DEFINITELY don't get it as good as Dick and Damian (Or Babs for that matter) , but I'd still say Jason has it better off then Tim and everyone at this point has it better than Cass. (Even Steph now)
    Last edited by Assam; 08-13-2017 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Savatewolf View Post
    Not to be rude but this is rich coming from a Tim fan

But I have to ask how is Jason overexposed? He's been in one animated movie and two video games both of which have been the latest entries of their franchises and most likely won't be returning in future installments since the Arkham series is more or less dead and Boon doesn't like repeating DLC characters. Him and Tim have basically been retconned out of existence by the people behind the animated movies in favor of Damian.

Like at least Tim is the current robin in Young Justice and Jason is yet again skipped over as the dead robin.

Also Cass and Stephanie getting ignored is more in favor of Barbara Gordon as the main Batgirl and Didio being an idiot than anything to do with Todd

If anyone has been overexposed and pushing Tim as the dork robin it's Damian and I LIKE Damian, but I can't deny how hated Damian is in the mainstream yet DC still continues to push him as THE main robin and ignoring Tim in other media.
    I could have written this comment.

I just can't take anyone calling Jason "overexposed" in relation to any of the other Robins other than Steph seriously. And if you're a Tim fan, who has benefited from Jason being skipped over more than once...um. No. Go set your DVR for the third season of Young Justice.

But yeah. How is Jason "overexposed" anyway? He's in his comic and might appear in someone else's once every six months. UtRH is a great movie, but it's his only appearance as a living character. He's been in one main game and is a DLC in another. Hardly over staying his welcome anywhere. Other characters may have less, but not any of the other Robins except for Steph.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    2 games, an animated film, tons of merch, and within the comics, he's had his name in the title of a book basically non-stop for 6 years. The middle 3 BatKids DEFINITELY don't get it as good as Dick and Damian, but I'd still say Jason has it better off then Tim and everyone at this point has it better than Cass.

Yes I know of injustice 2. But I would hardly call that overexposure. That implies that netherrealm were pushing him rather than the fact that he was literally demanded for. People begged for the character and the developers couldnt say no to money. Overexposure implies the general public being sick of what is being produced or broadcasted rather than what happened here, which was quite the opposite. Add to that, he is dlc, and on that note Tim has featured in two of the arkham games, both of which he had dlc for.
    Last edited by RedBird; 08-13-2017 at 03:09 PM.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I have to laugh at the fact you seem to think Jason is overexposed. Really? Where is he being overexposed at cause I'd sure love to see him reach Batman levels of exposure across ALL media? He's the guy whose fans have to practically beg for him to appear anywhere at all and now because he's FINALLY had a steadily published comic, been in a few games and had ONE fairly decent animated film he's suddenly "overexposed". That's rich.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

If there's a Robin who can argued has been overexposed as late, that would be Damian.

Or if you want to get technical, Dick.

You sound like it's not about Tim but the other robins, who are actually much more exposed than Jason (who is the least featured in DCAU). How about skipping the whole Jason's robin tenure in YJ for Tim?
    And what does Steph/Cass have to do with Jason being used or not? If they want other Batgirls than Barbara they will have their chance.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 08-13-2017 at 08:32 PM.

Fantastic Member

Stephanie and Cass being under used falls squarely on DC pushing them into the shadows in favor of making Barbara the only Batgirl. Nothing about that has anything to do with Jason.

Tim being used less has to do with two factors. Damian becoming Robin and making DC unsure where Tim fits in. Damian is in two ongoing series co-leading one book and part of a team book. The second of which Tim actually lead. That's more ongoing titles than Jason.

DC doesn't promote RHATO, not like it does for other titles like Grayson. The only reason Jason got a title is the same reason he was Injustice 2 as a DLC: fan demand. Overexposed is something like Harley Quinn it's not Jason Todd. I'd love for all these characters to be written more and done justice. But I don't believe for a moment Jason is overshadowing any Robin when we have to constantly demand the character gets used more or written better.

Ok.... so it's mostly what i expected, the comments started out respectful but have been blown out of proportion.

EMarie and others: I'm talking about the general bat family not just Tim or steph or cass. Jason having his own book removes the chance of a bat family book or the others. HOWEVER, this is not to say RHaTO is bad as I hear great things about the current run. The fact that his sales were dropping in Red hood and arsenal though makes me question why he keeps getting another chance. Regarding his sales were only around 15,000 at the end compared to something like red robin (30,000ish) and batgirl (2009)(23,000). I know sales are stupid(i mean look at gotham academy's sales, compared to the quality) to bring up but it does make me question dc sometimes.

I agree that damian is also quite overexposed.

Also YJ still acknowledges Jason at least. Also YJ was produced before Red hood 'fever.'

I'm not saying completely stop everything Jason but just slow him down and market him at an equal rate of the other Robins. I am happy to have a red hood movie but Tim is needed still. Have Tim the current robin, Jason as red hood and Dick as Nightwing, wait until further down the line for damain. If Batfleck leaves make a batman and robin (2009) movie.

Also I do think think similar things about Barbara just to a lesser extent.

Thanks Assam for backing me up on his overexposure.

BTW i'm still not against comic Jason as much.

(I'm going to be butchered again, aren't I- I should have left out the sales things)
    Last edited by Red obin; 08-14-2017 at 01:28 AM.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown