Page 446 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 346396436442443444445446447448449450456496546946 ... LastLast
Results 6,676 to 6,690 of 15150

I give credit to Lobdell there is a lot of info that he has used across pre52 to new52 to rebirth, including Jason being housed in Arkham, he has been fairly consistent. However, no offense to Lobdell, but I think his claim that the med scene is still canon is a case of him not wanting to detract from his own writing.

Rhato v1 issue #0

"I almost got away with it too...Thats when I met him."

Rhato v2 rebirth

"But that was the night...I met the Batman."

You can only meet someone once.

IIRC when he said that he meant the way he writes things, he could still fit everything into current continuity with just a few details altered, not that the med scene happened exactly like it did in new52.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    IIRC when he said that he meant the way he writes things, he could still fit everything into current continuity with just a few details altered, not that the med scene happened exactly like it did in new52.
    And I would gladly tell him, please Mr, Lobdell, don't bother.

We have already seen Jason actually meet Bruce whilst removing his tires, we have seen that he was placed under Ma Gunns care assumingely after the tire and burger stuff, (can't imagine Bruce just dropping Jason, a homeless child off somewhere like seeya!) So Jason was staying at the boys home, and we have seen him foil Ma Gunns plans and save Batman. Now Lobdells saying theres another sequence, which would mean that Bruce apparently was like, thanks kid, went along his way, knowing Ma Gunns was going to prison most likely forcing the boys home to shut down and forcing Jason to continue stealing? Till he got hurt enough to end up in hospital, till he again stole from Leslie? That just feels like too much in between nonsense.

Say what you want about the original more goofy post crisis origin, but Bruces interventions at least made more sense. For one thing they were sooner, and they were at least more clear, he appeared much more responsible and compassionate (like he did for this rebirth origin).

Post crisis origin breakdown
    1. Tire scene meeting/apartment meeting.
    2. A push from Bruce for Jason to be part of Ma Gunns school.
    3. After Bruce sent Jason he did some research on Jason (because what kinda person with that amount of resources wouldnt at least check up on a clearly homeless orphan)
    4. Ma Gunn turns out to be bad and both Jason and Bruce foil her plans, not knowing the other would show up.
    And that was it. rebirth has already done a smaller step by step of that story and thats all thats needed, adding the med scene on top of that just complicates things and makes it seem like Bruce kept ignoring a kid that he had initially reached out for and bonded with in the first place.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    And I would gladly tell him, please Mr, Lobdell, don't bother.

We have already seen Jason actually meet Bruce whilst removing his tires, we have seen that he was placed under Ma Gunns care assumingely after the tire and burger stuff, (can't imagine Bruce just dropping Jason, a homeless child off somewhere like seeya!) So Jason was staying at the boys home, and we have seen him foil Ma Gunns plans and save Batman. Now Lobdells saying theres another sequence, which would mean that Bruce apparently was like, thanks kid, went along his way, knowing Ma Gunns was going to prison most likely forcing the boys home to shut down and forcing Jason to continue stealing? Till he got hurt enough to end up in hospital, till he again stole from Leslie? That just feels like too much in between nonsense.

Say what you want about the original more goofy post crisis origin, but Bruces interventions at least made more sense. For one thing they were sooner, and they were at least more clear, he appeared much more responsible and compassionate (like he did for this rebirth origin).

Post crisis origin breakdown
    1. Tire scene meeting/apartment meeting.
    2. A push from Bruce for Jason to be part of Ma Gunns school.
    3. After Bruce sent Jason he did some research on Jason (because what kinda person with that amount of resources wouldnt at least check up on a clearly homeless orphan)
    4. Ma Gunn turns out to be bad and both Jason and Bruce foil her plans, not knowing the other would show up.
    And that was it. rebirth has already done a smaller step by step of that story and thats all thats needed, adding the med scene on top of that just complicates things and makes it seem like Bruce kept ignoring a kid that he had initially reached out for and bonded with in the first place.
    DKN: Red Hood and the Outlaws has embraced what Rebirth is all about: It’s taking classic concepts and bringing them into the modern era. Why did you decide to reintegrate the classic Post-Crisis origin of Jason Todd into modern continuity, along with Ma Gunn? I have to admit the latter brought a smile to my face.

Scott Lobdell: There’s nothing in The New 52 that precluded Ma Gunn. It was just part of the origin that wasn’t touched on whenever I was touching on his earlier days. Similarly, if people go back and see The New 52, there were elements that if readers wanted to add in the origin of him knocking over the Batmobile, that could still exist. I don’t think I used Rebirth to go back on his more recent origin as much as it fleshed it out more. I read a review where someone complained that it doesn’t make sense that Bruce would give Jason more burgers and then take him to the mansion and say, “You’re Robin.” That’s not how it happened.

As the series progresses, we’re going to be filling in more gaps. We’re going to realize that Ma Gunn has always been a part of Jason’s origin and what got him to where he is now. This marm version of her is a cover for using all that money she’s made to kind of live the high life. I would love to have her show up more and be an Alfred for the team.
    http://darkknightnews.com/2016/08/09...d-the-outlaws/

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    And?

I already knew of this interview and Lobdell's feelings on the matter. Him saying, it could have still happened when the new52 origin was in place is a nonsensical answer. I dont remember him claiming the original origin of tire stealing was still in continuity before rebirth. And we as audiences members are not at fault in that regard for assuming that it was erased if it really was an unexplained writing thread as he claims. If we are receiving an origin story for a character the assumption is that this is where they started, and once again, THAT is where Jason claims to have met Batman, which the rebirth origin contradicts now. Plus my point overall was that adding the med scene only creates unnecessary gaps between when Jason met Batman and when Batman decided to do something about the kid that he kept trying to engage with.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    I give credit to Lobdell there is a lot of info that he has used across pre52 to new52 to rebirth, including Jason being housed in Arkham, he has been fairly consistent. However, no offense to Lobdell, but I think his claim that the med scene is still canon is a case of him not wanting to detract from his own writing.

Rhato v1 issue #0

"I almost got away with it too...Thats when I met him."

Rhato v2 rebirth

"But that was the night...I met the Batman."

You can only meet someone once.
    Any writer can pull the technicality between meeting someone and actually meeting that someone. The second encounter is when Jason and Bruce actually talk.

Not to say you`re wrong, btw, but that one word is easily editable and you can work both ways which is why Loedbell likely doesn`t see the need to scrap pretty much anything. In fact you can even make both of these encounters happen in the same night. Leslie vouches for Jason so he doesn`t get arrested, only for him to take a piss at mr super policeman from earlier and steal the tires while Batman is still hanging in Crime Alley.

There might come a point where this storytelling may do more wrong than good, this Morrison-ey need of everything counts but as long he manages to juggle it, I say give it a go.

His tenure at Arkham for example, seems a callback at AK where Harley was part of the staff, it doesn`t necessarily mean any especific point like Morrison`s B&R. Again, you can easily make it work. We know in broad strokes UTRH happens and Jason has Batman at gunpoint but doesn`t pull the trigger. Quite possible he gets taken afterwards to Arkham (note: Roy does mention in the beginning of RATHO vol.1 "There`s many who would call him crazy.." or something of that order).

You know how to make that even sweeter? During his brief tenure at Arkham Jason met this broken girl, Scarlet..

BANNED

Yeah but all of them are identical, making it look more like clones that actual individuals.
    Oh, this won`t bode well for any number of fans

1) "They`re identical, not actual individuals" = I think hardy har is most appropiate.

2) "Where are the girls?" = They just don`t care.

3) "Whew, my favorite is safe!" = Technically, no, it`s four of them. Identical as may, all they need is a GrimBats "Bad Robin hehehe" line to one of them and the Forumwars comemence.

May the heavens give me patience for the upror that will take place.

Hi Jason

Who cracked his cowl? I see some hair.

Wildcat did

This is the moment. They will either ruin Jason with this or not. Threatening a kid, really?

Jason managed to escape being involved on Metal (even if it would've been a alternate universe version). Smaller Victories I guess

Highkey creepy
    My favorite characters of all time are Bruce Wayne and Dracula.

This is the moment. They will either ruin Jason with this or not. Threatening a kid, really?
    Assuming they keep the comic canon to the game, Jason would go through a a personal character arc so he remains the same character that he's on the game as the Red Hood.

Or all the stuff pointing towards Jason might be a red herring.

Hi Jason

Injustice... I saw the worst of my characters here..

Mighty Member

It's Injustice, everyone is ruined in some way to be fair. Anyway the kid was fine and defended himself.
    Last edited by Alycat; 08-22-2017 at 10:35 AM.