Page 452 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 352402442448449450451452453454455456462502552952 ... LastLast
Results 6,766 to 6,780 of 15150
    BANNED

By the by, since I know this will keep being discussed, my two cents:

I like that Jason is the red haired kid. Not only is a nice nod to his history together with other nods already visible (knife, striking at Batman) it`s also very in the nose. The Red without the Hood.

I like that Jason is seemingly the leader of the little band or at the very least the gutsy one.

Yep. I mean, look at these. He certainly stands out so far.

http://soldler.tumblr.com/

Last edited by G-Potion; 08-25-2017 at 09:42 AM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Huh, Dick is a red head too.

Yeah I only noticed that after I posted the gifs. Also mullet.

BANNED

Yeah, his hair looks shades lighter than you`d expect.

And the fun is, I`m aware the tire iron is supposed to mirror the Escrima Sticks but it`s still so Jason that aside the "Dickie" pun, you may have little Nigthwing to go for. On the other hand, the Snooker cue for the Bo staff is precious.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    I like that Jason is seemingly the leader of the little band or at the very least the gutsy one.

always the first to attack.JPG

When the characters first instinct is to attack Batman despite his size, you know its Jason.

A+ instinct right there. That and calling Batman a boob won my love.

Yeah, his hair looks shades lighter than you`d expect.

And the fun is, I`m aware the tire iron is supposed to mirror the Escrima Sticks but it`s still so Jason that aside the "Dickie" pun, you may have little Nigthwing to go for. On the other hand, the Snooker cue for the Bo staff is precious.
    You could say his Nightwing cue is that he walks on the fence.

Mighty Member

Mulletwing will live forever.

BANNED

Hey, good catch G, that`s right. Playing balance and mullet are nice nods, especially since the most popular animated Nigthwing sported the mullet.

His design looks blander than Jason in the preview but I`m not going to complain on that note. Timbo is just...there.

Hey, good catch G, that`s right. Playing balance and mullet are nice nods, especially since the most popular animated Nigthwing sported the mullet.

His design looks blander than Jason in the preview but I`m not going to complain on that note. Timbo is just...there.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didnt Bruce Timm like Jason more anyway?

I feel l remember something about the creators preferring Jasons attitude but having to stick with Tims name for marketing sake when the second robin for BTAS was made.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didnt Bruce Timm like Jason more anyway?

I feel l remember something about the creators preferring Jasons attitude but having to stick with Tims name for marketing sake when the second robin for BTAS was made.
    I don't think you're wrong on that. If I remember, for a while a lot of batfam artists I followed liked to nickname him Timmy Todd for that reason.

BANNED

Not sure who he actually prefers (I do have his Modern Masters so I may re-read it again) but regardless of that, he did want to use Jason but TPTB were like, the current guy is a Tim and not having room in terms of timeline for two more, they just made Jason with Tim`s name Which is literally his main characteristic in that character. The name.

And anytime someone would tell me "well, no, he was also a bit PC savyy, that`s wholy Tim" I`d have to remind them that street rat Jason was not only a national level student, he also got around a bit in the Informatics kid found out what happened to his father in Batman`s files and later when searching for his mother, broke in a Government facility and hacked one of the prospects outta their files too.

BANNED

I think in general non comic book writers prefer Jason`s characteristics to play out Batman. Batman`s Forever Richard Grayson also had elements mixed into: the attitude, the sassyness, going out with the fancy car and use his anger outlet, saving Batman without his orders (something Pre Crisis Jay did well before Tim), the illegal racing.. but in this case the mix was more balanced since it was Dick`s origin being used. There was more of his character than in "Tim`s" case.