Page 466 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 366416456462463464465466467468469470476516566966 ... LastLast
Results 6,976 to 6,990 of 15150

Even though it was clearly (or at least I hope so) a 'joke', considering King doesn't seem to write Jason as anything more than a buffoon or an incompetent dope, his 'joke' is unfortunately quite reflected in his writing. So yeah, in Jasons case, not looking forward to this.
    If this is true, then i'm glad that Tim is in limbo, he rank even lower than Duke (despite of no making any sense)

Bat writers just seem to fall into using tropes so much when it could easily be fixed with a little effort into researching any guest characters.

Even the outlaws appearance in Trinity. Takes maybe 2-3 issues read from rhato to realize Bizarro doesn't do opposite speak anymore but it's obvious the characters weren't what attracted DCs attention, it's their cool sounding role as 'Dark Trinity'.

So is Tim back by the time this issue comes out? Is one of the four him?

And I don't mind Jason goofing around once in a while, but that's all Tom King does with him, so I tire of it. I wish he didn't write the Batman comic because I want Jason to interact with his family, but not under his pen. The Ace thing just shows how petty he is.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiliko View Post
    Bat writers just seem to fall into using tropes so much when it could easily be fixed with a little effort into researching any guest characters.

Even the outlaws appearance in Trinity. Takes maybe 2-3 issues read from rhato to realize Bizarro doesn't do opposite speak anymore but it's obvious the characters weren't what attracted DCs attention, it's their cool sounding role as 'Dark Trinity'.
    Yeah, the Bizarro speech was incredibly irritating. That's not his character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post
    And I don't mind Jason goofing around once in a while,
    But he shouldn't be the goofiest of them. And IMO would be more in character if Jason would keep him self a little apart from the rest, while they are goofing around.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    No, he never has, except for Batfamily croosovers, but we rarely see any hindsight about Dick's opinion on Jason, things weren't very different Pre-Flashpoint either.
    So..he has.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Considering he's pretty much showing us that Ace is indeed beating Jason at something ("That list was just a joke guys!") yeah, is going to be crap.
    Sounds to me it`s a tie from the page, boys. Play your bets.

I sometimes can`t take fandom and some writers seriously, I swear.

So..he has.
    Croosovers if i remenber correctly (and frankly my memory is fuzzy about it), but something like Dick thinking in calling Jason by his own initiative, not that i remenber. I read Dick's whole run in the New 52 and i don't remenber a time when he ever think of Jason beyond a passing mention of him being his sucessor in the Robin mantle.

BANNED

Who called who when they were chatting up about Shawn at the rooftop waiting to bust some goofs? As passing mention goes, well....Grayson#12 not only features him and Jason dealing with the lack of trust but the splash page contains several scenes including one of Jason and Dick hugging.

I do want a story where Dick calls for him, tho. In his own book. "Hey, zombie clows, seems up your alley bro".

",,,
    I`ll bring the napalm".

Who called who when they were chatting up about Shawn at the rooftop waiting to bust some goofs? As passing mention goes, well....Grayson#12 not only features him and Jason dealing with the lack of trust but the splash page contains several scenes including one of Jason and Dick hugging.

I do want a story where Dick calls for him, tho. In his own book. "Hey, zombie clows, seems up your alley bro".

",,,
    I`ll bring the napalm".
    Did he?, in that case i stand corrected, i just recently got back into Nigthwing solo afte like 7 months of hiatus. I don't put much value on Grayson #12 considered how weird the reactions were to Dick's revelation, specially Jason. but fair point.

Also that picht of yours doesn't sound bad.

Mighty Member

I still stand by Jason's reaction not being weird. He was mad that Dick faked his death and lied to people. That's a Bruce move after Bruce not too long ago lied to all of them and put them in danger. They had trusted Dick not to do that and he did. Only Damian didn't care because they both weren't dead anymore. I thought everyone else reaction were fine too.

BANNED

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiliko View Post
    Lack of doing proper research on guest characters seems to be an issue with a lot of writers across the board and frankly its really starting to annoy the heck outta me. How difficult is it for someone at DC to develop a character bible for all the characters that writers can then access from where ever they are so that characters are portrayed consistently? DC should hire someone for each family of titles whose responsible for collecting the information for the bible and another person to head up the maintaining the bible. Heck, reach out to the fan community and maybe hire some of the fans who run various character wiki's and let them create that bible. Goodness knows fans sometimes seem more aware of what a character's history entails (and in fine detail to boot) and what their current status is and what their current skill sets are than some writers seem to to be.

In any case I've pretty much given up on seeing Jason in particular being portrayed well in any Bat connected book and personally I think its down to the old "failed Robin" or "bad Robin" mentality that became a prevalent trope years after his death. I think that, at the moment, there are too many writers who were readers when that was a thing for him to ever get fair treatment.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    I still stand by Jason's reaction not being weird. He was mad that Dick faked his death and lied to people. That's a Bruce move after Bruce not too long ago lied to all of them and put them in danger. They had trusted Dick not to do that and he did. Only Damian didn't care because they both weren't dead anymore. I thought everyone else reaction were fine too.
    I didn't find it weird either. Jason was angry that Dick of all people pulled a Bruce move on everyone and then waltzed back into their lives as if nothing had happened. He had every right to feel that way especially since he believed Dick to be dead just as all of them did. On top of that death is not an abstract idea to Jason and both Dick's death and the fact that he faked it may have given Jason flashbacks of his own death and resurrection neither of which were pretty.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Lack of doing proper research on guest characters seems to be an issue with a lot of writers across the board and frankly its really starting to annoy the heck outta me. How difficult is it for someone at DC to develop a character bible for all the characters that writers can then access from where ever they are so that characters are portrayed consistently? DC should hire someone for each family of titles whose responsible for collecting the information for the bible and another person to head up the maintaining the bible. Heck, reach out to the fan community and maybe hire some of the fans who run various character wiki's and let them create that bible. Goodness knows fans sometimes seem more aware of what a character's history entails (and in fine detail to boot) and what their current status is and what their current skill sets are than some writers seem to to be.

In any case I've pretty much given up on seeing Jason in particular being portrayed well in any Bat connected book and personally I think its down to the old "failed Robin" or "bad Robin" mentality that became a prevalent trope years after his death. I think that, at the moment, there are too many writers who were readers when that was a thing for him to ever get fair treatment.
    Even as a reader, I'm still more inclined to go back and search out old issues to read because I'd rather have my own understanding of a charas history than just believe the abridged version at the start of every new run.

I've actually mostly accepted batwriters handling batfamilies is usually a trainwreck for all the characters involved, even the ones that get put on a pedestal to appease favorites. Writing for something that hits as wide a range of fans as DC is hard and I wanna give writers more credit but at the same time I also know more than enough fanwriters that dont let their childhood vision of a robin influence what they write. Attempting to research and maintain some balance between how you personally favour vs. objectively balancing character dynamics in a well rounded interaction is something I'd like to see more of at DC in general though so I agree with you.