Page 471 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 371421461467468469470471472473474475481521571971 ... LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,065 of 15150

The thing is just that even the writers start to write them more like the fanon version, than like their "canon version" (by "canon" I mean mostly the Wolfman and Dixon).
    When it comes to Dick, i agreed, i usually blame Morrison for that, but you could argue that the whole thing started with Devin Grayson's run, that being althought current Dick is more similar to his fanon version, he still isn't quite there. Tim has his own problems, but i don't think that it was being like his fanon version, if anything he became the opposite of that since the post-Lewis era. The New 52 version has his problems too, but it wasn't that either. Rebirth Tim is the most close that i had seen the characther to the Dixon and Grant days, self repairing buildings and bullet trains aside.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    When it comes to Dick, i agreed, i usually blame Morrison for that, but you could argue that the whole thing started with Devin Grayson's run, that being althought current Dick is more similar to his fanon version, he still isn't quite there.
    I don't remember much from Devin Grayson's run, but at least with the King Seeley run, I had the impression that they really tried to appeal to the fans of the "fanon version" as much as possible (lots of fanservice, bring back the Romani stuff, Dick as improvising Swashbuckler...).

Tim has his own problems, but i don't think that it was being like his fanon version, if anything he became the opposite of that since the post-Lewis era. The New 52 version has his problems too, but it wasn't that either. Rebirth Tim is the most close that i had seen the characther to the Dixon and Grant days, self repairing buildings and bullet trains aside.
    At least his intelligence never reached these levels before flashpoint.

I don't remember much from Devin Grayson's run, but at least with the King Seeley run, I had the impression that they really tried to appeal to the fans of the "fanon version" as much as possible (lots of fanservice, bring back the Romani stuff, Dick as improvising Swashbuckler...).
    Devin Grayson, sort of popularized the womanizer part, althought i guest that you could interpret it as Dick just growing more confident at dealing with girls, she did the whole "Renegade" thing, oh and she was the one that introduce that retcon of Dick being Romani. I agreed about Grayson, thought, Dick as an improviser is just weird.

At least his intelligence never reached these levels before flashpoint.
    I would said that it did, but as tactical genius, not as wizard tech, Tim sort of get saddled with that role for being the first Robin that showed attitude with computers. Althought i guest that Tynion compesate for the inteligence with Tim being below everyone in the Bat Family in regards to combat.

Extraordinary Member

I would said that it did, but as tactical genius, not as wizard tech, Tim sort of get saddled with that role for being the first Robin that showed attitude with computers. Althought i guest that Tynion compesate for the inteligence with Tim being below everyone in the Bat Family in regards to combat.
    Even appart from computers he was not that intelligent, it was in one of the #0 isses for example shown that he was able to best a SAT test while still in middleschool. Pre flashpoint Tim had problems to keep up his grades in highschool due to his Robin duties, and had iirc grades at the same level as his fried Ives.

Btw. new 52 Tim has apparently graduated early from high school, pre flashpoint he droped out when Bruce "died" and never finished.

Even appart from computers he was not that intelligent, it was in one of the #0 isses for example shown that he was able to best a SAT test while still in middleschool. Pre flashpoint Tim had problems to keep up his grades in highschool due to his Robin duties, and had iirc grades at the same level as his fried Ives.

Btw. new 52 Tim has apparently graduated early from high school, pre flashpoint he droped out when Bruce "died" and never finished.
    Fair enought and is true he has some problems keeping his grades, that being said, we saw so little about Tim's civilian life, that i wonder if he actually has one in the new universe.

BANNED

Likely not, Tim`s smartness pitch catalogue was quite updated with the reboot. He was always smart but until the Red Robin run (or should we say the IC years) the tactical department was more Dick`s area whereas his was more in the research and improvisin areas. It`s quite interesting to note that as far as Pre Flashpoint publishing continuity is concerned, despite the upbringing and what likely a good deal of modern writers or fans would think, Jason was by far the most sucesseful student/Robin management among the whole pack, including Carrie who also had a similar streak of his. Kid had a teacher telling him to chill out more and study less. He even had a place for a school sweetheart (don`t recall the name, tho) presented in a few stories.

That`s flat out more nerdy or busy than anything the old Tim ever did. Which I think is one of the things that makes Jason such a 3-d character and why Eternal writting him as the jock falls flat.

Loedbell seems to bring in some of that feeling back (not that Winnick ever wrote Jason as any less smart than the other kids) with what showing especific flasbacks like his Criminology degree.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Likely not, Tim`s smartness pitch catalogue was quite updated with the reboot. He was always smart but until the Red Robin run (or should we say the IC years) the tactical department was more Dick`s area whereas his was more in the research and improvisin areas. It`s quite interesting to note that as far as Pre Flashpoint publishing continuity is concerned, despite the upbringing and what likely a good deal of modern writers or fans would think, Jason was by far the most sucesseful student/Robin management among the whole pack, including Carrie who also had a similar streak of his. Kid had a teacher telling him to chill out more and study less. He even had a place for a school sweetheart (don`t recall the name, tho) presented in a few stories.
    Dick did also quite well in School, and didn't had problems untill collage. And at least the pre crisis Jason had also some problems to manage school, being Robin and having a girl friend. IIRC Jason being tiered in school was actually what caused Bruce to loose the coustody and he actually stopped iirc being Robin for some time when he had girl friend, since Bruce was anyway teaming up with Catwoman at the time.

And his love live was also effected his grades.

Detective Comics 563.jpg

BANNED

I`m not placing them as dummies, just pointing out that Post Crisis/Collins Jay gets undersold because of his upbringing, of which that Jason didn`t have. That Jason was a good student that had issues with grades because they took a backseat with his first real crush (who had in turn some issues with friends trying out drugs which is part of the arc) and the custody battles. He was a more normal Robin as far as dealing with the same things the others did.

Not much different than good ol`Dick you might say, with being Robin and a Titan but again, that`s why I mentioned especifically the Collin revision. That Jason had a few missions with the Titans, had a school sweetheart, was Robin, came from the streets and yet was 2nd placed National wise as far as grades go.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    That Jason had a few missions with the Titans, had a school sweetheart, was Robin, came from the streets and yet was 2nd placed National wise as far as grades go.
    Where is the thing with "2nd placed National wise" from?

BANNED

It`s been posted in the thread before, it`s from an Annual but I`d have to look for it again.

Astonishing Member

Hello fine friends of the thread.

Here's a question for you. It's come to my attention very recently (like just last night) that, allegedly, "the majority" of fans see Jason as of Spanish decent. And I'm like "What."

The literal first time I had heard of such a thing. I found it among a place that said that Batman doesn't have as many white boys under his care as many seem to think (they cite the usual Dick examples, but not the caveats of it, like how it was a retcon [not a sin in and of itself], how the reasoning behind it was likely in poor taste, or how only somewhat recent has anyone brought that it up and otherwise that aspect of Dick's is ignored by and large since it was "revealed"). One of these things was that Jason is Spanish decent, which is news to me.

Does anyone know what that's all about?

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    Tim/ Dicks faults do get looked over quite a bit. Which is annoying. What's the point of a character without flaws? That said of course Jason out numbers Bat character on that site. You would think Batman is the most unpopular dude there and that the Robins were the most popular things ever. Certain characters are big there.
    This is true. The fact that, for example, even Duke and Harper get positive acknowledgements there, even if not much still, is nothing short of miraculous.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Here's a question for you. It's come to my attention very recently (like just last night) that, allegedly, "the majority" of fans see Jason as of Spanish decent. And I'm like "What."

The literal first time I had heard of such a thing. I found it among a place that said that Batman doesn't have as many white boys under his care as many seem to think (they cite the usual Dick examples, but not the caveats of it, like how it was a retcon [not a sin in and of itself], how the reasoning behind it was likely in poor taste, or how only somewhat recent has anyone brought that it up and otherwise that aspect of Dick's is ignored by and large since it was "revealed"). One of these things was that Jason is Spanish decent, which is news to me.
    I don't know that a "majority" of fans see him that way, but it is a head canon for some people. If someone is saying it as fact...well, it's never been stated in canon.

Lately I see more people embracing the head canon that Jason is of ASIAN descent, with a reasoning that, since Shiva said she didn't have kids but would have already had Cass at the time of the statement, then she could have been lying about Jason as well, among other factors, such as Batman and Jason looking at multiple POC women as options for his birth mom.

But these are both head canons. There's a good gen fic series with Jason and Cass as half siblings, if people are interested in that. I think there's actually more than one.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Hello fine friends of the thread.

Does anyone know what that's all about?
    It might be because of Bombshells, since he was Spanish in that.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

It`s Batman Annual #12 and I have to stand corrected, it doesn`t specified on the pages where it`s national or not. The story happens in Thomas Wayne High (it`s a Jason solo) so It`s likely from all the classes in that school.

“Scuse me, but I had to stop the KGBeast."

Anyhow, an average over 94% between Robin duties and Titan missions as well a little dating? They had to upgrade Timbo to Reed Richards Jr to top that.

Don't post images with URLs to piracy sites.