Page 473 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 373423463469470471472473474475476477483523573973 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,095 of 15150
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post
    Lately I see more people embracing the head canon that Jason is of ASIAN descent, with a reasoning that, since Shiva said she didn't have kids but would have already had Cass at the time of the statement, then she could have been lying about Jason as well, among other factors, such as Batman and Jason looking at multiple POC women as options for his birth mom.
    The thing is the Shiva was iirc originally not fully Asian herself.
    It is also imo a little wired that most people seem to see (or at least draw) Cass as fully Asian, while she is at best Half-Asian.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Can you give a link?

Btw. Bruce and Dick were also kind of sexist back in the day, iirc they tried for example to force Batwoman to end her career, and Dick even tricked a Girl ("Roberta the Girl-Wonder") into losing her mask in public.
    This should work https://whothefuckistimdrake.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    It might be because of Bombshells, since he was Spanish in that.
    The Spanish population is mostly Caucasian. I'm Portuguese and I live near the border. What is it with the USA media thinking both Spain and Portugal are Latino?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    The Spanish population is mostly Caucasian. I'm Portuguese and I live near the border. What is it with the USA media thinking both Spain and Portugal are Latino?
    And the Bombshell Jason was iirc Basque.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    Tell me about it

BANNED

I know the story, but I can't remeber anything about Jason being the second best student (natoinal or not) and I also don't see that referenced in the scans.
    If you know the story then you know it`s about some kids who are aquaintances to Jason who want to sneak and cheat their way into high grades. There`s virtually the panel where they see the list of highest grades and Jason`s the second highest percentage at 95% without any " help" of theirs. This is supported by a teacher in the beginning of the story claiming Jason is all work and study and no chill.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiliko View Post
    My dumb butt decided I should work on one of the other 500 work in progresses I had going on for Jason.
    Let's pretend I didn't just butcher the sketches, someone here really like Cass so whoever you are, this Cass is for you even if half of these will never be finished or see the light of day.

How'd your fic read day turn out @G?
    The author made another one of those research posts for Jason's full injuries in Arkham knight so I might try to link that here at some point.

It`s already looking Sharp Ki! Please keep us posted about the progress

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    There`s virtually the panel where they see the list of highest grades and Jason`s the second highest percentage at 95% without any " help" of theirs.
    Yeah but that just a list of kids with a last name that starts with "T".

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    Someone should tell them that. Asian, Latino, bi,ace Jason is mad popular there.
    Tumblr knew about it. They brought the fight to Lobdell's twitter, it was ugly. It was at the start of Rebirth so tumblr was still very unforgiving of anything Lobdell said.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiliko View Post
    My dumb butt decided I should work on one of the other 500 work in progresses I had going on for Jason.
    Let's pretend I didn't just butcher the sketches, someone here really like Cass so whoever you are, this Cass is for you even if half of these will never be finished or see the light of day.

How'd your fic read day turn out @G?
    The author made another one of those research posts for Jason's full injuries in Arkham knight so I might try to link that here at some point.

Oooh these are looking good. I have a feeling they are both inspired by something? I particularly like how detailed Jason's clothes are in the first pic, and the mask Dick is holding is a curiosity. On the other hand, the second pic looks like it will end up having very lovely warm colors and spectacular background. Nice work!

@my fic reading: I realized that in order to read IWGA, I need to read Red which is another 100k words. I haven't managed it yet, but I did read a bunch of oneshots from the author, so it counts yes? On the upside, the drawing has seen much better progress. I'll try to get it done by the end of the week, hopefully!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Tumblr knew about it. They brought the fight to Lobdell's twitter, it was ugly. It was at the start of Rebirth so tumblr was still very unforgiving of anything Lobdell said.
    Oh yeah I know. It just baffles me that they insist otherwise. Headcanons are fine. You do you, but some people legit try to scrap by and use canon to stretch what they think is true when the truth is usually so simple. Like the Shiva is Jason's mom thing.

Oh yeah I know. It just baffles me that they insist otherwise. Headcanons are fine. You do you, but some people legit try to scrap by and use canon to stretch what they think is true when the truth is usually so simple. Like the Shiva is Jason's mom thing.
    When it comes to canon vs fanon (characterization wise), this is my preffered comparison:
    http://theflyingwonder.tumblr.com/po...est-difference

BANNED

Yeah but that just a list of kids with a last name that starts with "T".
    An average score of 95% no matter where in the alphabet is found, places him at the top of the school at the very least.

That, plus a teacher telling him to slow down in the beginning of the story with two classmates gossiping around how Jason was all work and no play tell us the rest and this is a Jason who needs to juggle that sucess rate with being Robin as seen by his monologue mentioning fighting the likes of KGBeast as the excuse to not take extracurricular activities, of which would possibly make his average higher with extra credits.

It`s like, you go bananas over a character not complimeting Jason the way you want but something like this is "eh" for you.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    An average score of 95% no matter where in the alphabet is found, places him at the top of the school at the very least.

That, plus a teacher telling him to slow down in the beginning of the story with two classmates gossiping around how Jason was all work and no play tell us the rest and this is a Jason who needs to juggle that sucess rate with being Robin as seen by his monologue mentioning fighting the likes of KGBeast as the excuse to not take extracurricular activities, of which would possibly make his average higher with extra credits.

It`s like, you go bananas over a character not complimeting Jason the way you want but something like this is "eh" for you.
    I don't think it is eh, my point is just that the thing with the "second best" that you mentioned isn't mentioned anywhere.

And like I said Dick was also a good student.

BANNED

Yeah and then in most continuity revisions always end up dropping his studies before he becomes Nigthwing.